Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spyd4r

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
does anyone think there may be a ipod touch update/refresh at macworld?

the only thing i could really think of is a 64gb touch, if they bring out the 32gb single chip for the iphone, they *could* drop 2 in a touch..

ThunderBull4

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
Actually yes I've heard about the 64gb model being introduced there. At least that's what I'm expecting...

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
I doubt that the iPod Touch would get updated at Macworld - I would be surprised considering they launched the 2nd gen during mid September. They may announce a bigger hard drive one but even then I would be surprised.

kevzy

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2008
I've got my fingers crossed for a 64GB version given the rumors of a 32GB iPhone. I'm a bit skeptical however given that it was only recently updated.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Worse thing about being an Apple fan. :(

The only time you can really buy anything and feel safe that it'll be the newest and best is if it was updated just today. (Ok, fine, you're safe for about a month before the rumors about the next one start springing up.)

So difficult...

if I buy it just before Christmas, it might get updated right after. If I don't buy, it might not be updated for quite a while (and at that point I'll be committed to wait.)

quick5pnt0

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2008
Worse thing about being an Apple fan. :(

The only time you can really buy anything and feel safe that it'll be the newest and best is if it was updated just today. (Ok, fine, you're safe for about a month before the rumors about the next one start springing up.)

You can say that about anything. Buy a cell phone today, new one pops up next month. Buy a new PC today, its outdated next week. Buy a new camera today, the one that comes out tomorrow has ten zillion more megapixels. Its just the way the technology world works.

As for the 64GB version coming out next month. Maybe, maybe not. In reality its all just speculation right now. I haven't see any definitive proof one way or the other.

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
You can say that about anything. Buy a cell phone today, new one pops up next month. Buy a new PC today, its outdated next week. Buy a new camera today, the one that comes out tomorrow has ten zillion more megapixels. Its just the way the technology world works.

Yes, but every other company screams from the tops of hills that new products are coming out months before they actually release.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
I suspect software 2.3 and a 64GB model.
Possible price drop if the 64GB is released.

I doubt that the iPod Touch would get updated at Macworld - I would be surprised considering they launched the 2nd gen during mid September. They may announce a bigger hard drive one but even then I would be surprised.

You mean flash drive

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.