Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drichards

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2008
Sam's club? As in big Walmart thing?

I gotta get me to one of these! :apple:TV can run Tiger... soooo much potential.

pinback pro

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2008
its not on the site ... so no link to be had. this is strictly YMMV! very much a product of location and such.

OP, this isn't a deals site, but maybe you could adjust the title to include YMMV

drichards

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2008
Society demands a link to this awesomeness.

Society is me, in case you were wondering.

Links would be good. Navigating sam's club site requires a sherpa, gps, ability to read smoke signals, a strong faith in Sam Walton, and hope.

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
Somewhat OT, but I actually scored my 160 at Costco for $200 back when it retailed for the old price. Seems someone mis-priced the thing and I picked one up and they gave me the price at the checkout. My only regret is I didnt pick up more then one when I had the chance.

If you saw it at Sams for that price run back and buy it quick.

usarcher

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2008
Maine, USA
Last time I was at my local Sam's Club, which was a couple months ago, they had the AppleTV for $179. I already had mine but if I say it for $109 that might make me get another to open up;)

peeaanuut

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Southern California
this was at the Sams Club in Long Beach, CA (off of Carson and the 605 freeway). My mom sent me a pic from the cell. Here it is attached.

Attachments

• noname.jpg
    noname.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 77

spacepower7

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2004
I wonder if other Sam's Club locations would honor that price :rolleyes:

I doubt it but it would be cool if they did.

I can't imagine that AppleTVs are flying of the shelves at Sam's Club.

JLH3B747

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2008
If you notice the price in the picture ends with .01 which indicates a close out. Probably the last one in stock or open box.

drichards

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2008
New Jersey sam's club opens in 45 minutes, I'm gonna head over and check on it.

Actually I've reconsidered, and I'll go at 1, so they can call the store in Long Beach if things don't work out.

Sayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2002
Austin, TX
Costco specifically, and perhaps Sam's Club, will often have "hidden" deals on one item in the store. Sometimes it's really fancy wine, sometimes electronics. Basically, it wasn't "mis-priced" as the systems are all automated (prices are entered in a central database) and then lookups are based on UPC barcodes since forever.

Mistakes can happen, but usually in the "price on the shelf was more than at checkout" variety because of the human element involved in adding/removing price flags on the physical store shelves.

MCRunning

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
Well there you go....... They had the display model still there as of the time of post.

Great deal if you can find one.

I've tried all the San Clubs in the area and none of them carry it. For some reason only that Long Beach one did. I gave up because almost every store thinks they are looking for a TV and I keep trying to explain to them it's not a TV. I'm going to see if Best Buy will price match it though :D

descartes

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2006
that is a great deal. good luck in getting some other store to price match a warehouse club, though.

drichards

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2008
I got mine :D
Budd Lake, NJ sam's club, got their bottom line last one in box. I don't know if the floor models at sam's are functional, there is no apple remote to them and I had assumed they were just empty cases. I bought a membership because there were no day passes left there or at walmart, but I'll make use of it all year.

Apple TV at this sam's was $104.01. New membership was $40, and they gave me a free $25 gift card to use later because I signed up for their store credit. With tax, $154.09 all together. If I had a day pass, the total would have been $122.42, so I figure I got a year of sam's membership for $6.67 - I don't think that's a bad deal at all. :cool:

If you can get one of these, do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.