Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackiecanev2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
So I've noticed a few companies (photodon, power support) that are offering matte films for the new macbooks and macbook pro's. Does anyone offer a film for the air? I know they have sheets you can cut to size yourself, but aside from that?

Anyone know of any?

fab5freddy

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2007
Heaven or Hell
i am also looking for an Anti -Glare Film for my new crappy Glossy Screen
on my new Macbook pro 15" .

I like my new MacBook Pro 15" but the glossy screen does SUCK !

Where can you get a good Anti - Glare Film ?

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
Don't rightly know. I can say I don't need one on the Air. Now my MBP is a different animal altogether but as long as the brightness is up, reflections aren't that bad except for the black edges.

hodgeheg

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2008
Power Support Films

Hi, first post...

I have the Power Support anti-glare film on my iPod touch and it is superb. It *Does* slightly reduce the sharpness but only very very slightly, and it has the advantage of making it virtually finger-print-proof.

YMMV but Power Support sell a film for the plastic macbooks, and I would think (but haven't checked) that this would work for the Air as they have the same advertised screen dimensions. I've not seen it in the flesh but if it's the same as the iPod one it would be excellent.

On the other hand, the Air and White Mabook aren't too bad. It's only the alu ones that are ultra shiny.

The Power Support films aren't available in the UK as far as I can tell (but presumably could import). They were available direct from Power Support's website (google), and from the US Apple Store, and they were only $35 or something like that.

jackiecanev2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

fab5freddy said:
i am also looking for an Anti -Glare Film for my new crappy Glossy Screen

on my new Macbook pro 15" .

I like my new MacBook Pro 15" but the glossy screen does SUCK !

Where can you get a good Anti - Glare Film ?

In response to your question, the power support films forthr new MBs and MBPs are out, check their website.

So no one knows of a film for the air? Maybe just the original MacBook film?

hodgeheg

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2008
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

In response to your question, the power support films forthr new MBs and MBPs are out, check their website.

So no one knows of a film for the air? Maybe just the original MacBook film?

Now I have tried the power support film for MacBook (white polycarbonate) and Air on a MacBook Air which I bought since my prev. reply. It works great. It does make some difference to contrast, but it's acceptable to me. Not everyone agrees though!

mikey28

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
So I've noticed a few companies (photodon, power support) that are offering matte films for the new macbooks and macbook pro's. Does anyone offer a film for the air? I know they have sheets you can cut to size yourself, but aside from that?

Anyone know of any?

I just put on my new anti-glare film from Power-Support. You can hardly tell that its on. My main concern was scratching the screen, and this will definitely prevent that... (I also ordered one of those Moshi keyboard covers. They are supposed to be the thinnest around...)

jackiecanev2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
I just put on my new anti-glare film from Power-Support. You can hardly tell that its on. My main concern was scratching the screen, and this will definitely prevent that... (I also ordered one of those Moshi keyboard covers. They are supposed to be the thinnest around...)

Can you snap some pics? ;)

HiFiGuy528

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2008
Here is a link to my post. I used Power Support and I love it!

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/631502/

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

mikey28

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
yep, that's what mine looks like. I got really annoyed with the bare screen with all of the fingerprints. Also, I take my AIR out a lot, and scratching the screen was a real concern for me. (I recently upgraded to Rev b 1.8/128SSD) It's a big investment, that I want to protect as reasonably as possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.