Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LinMac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
Would anyone know what type of SSD can actually fit in this? I might need Apple to do the actual upgrade (Geniuses), but what type of drive will actually fit in it? and does anyone know if the Geniuses will actually do this?

6SSD4

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2008
Would anyone know what type of SSD can actually fit in this? I might need Apple to do the actual upgrade (Geniuses), but what type of drive will actually fit in it? and does anyone know if the Geniuses will actually do this?

All I know is the following:
ZIF, 1,8"
I guess that doesn't help much, but hey..
It I were to change a rev A HDD into a SSD, I would for sure not do it myself =p

Good luck finding one! I know about a Norwegian store who sells one,:
http://www.mamut.net/controls/shop/shops/5/main.asp?wwwalias=it24&subgid=170&gid=152
but, as mentioned, it's from Norway.

h1d

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2008
And 5mm thickness, and I even heard some of that type of SDD couldn't be recognized. And doubt they will do it. I just sold HDD ver and grabbed a SDD ver. Buying 64GB version of that type of SSD itself was more expensive than that.

AIRniloc

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2008
anozira

geniuses at an apple store won't replace any hardware with 3rd party hardware...they are only allowed to use Apple-supplied service parts :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.