PDA

View Full Version : iMac + Peace O' **** Unsecured Airport = Fail

siz
Dec 7, 2008, 12:10 PM
Okay so my imac was fine on my airport when I had a WEP/WPA key but I took that off because my friends PC couldn't connect with any type of security PC FAIL!, anyway the issue here is my iMac always asks for a password when connecting to the airport and I always have to leave it blank but in like 5 minutes it is disconnected again and I have to try and connect back the the Airport and leave it blank again, i'm getting fed up of having to open my network settings every 5 minutes!!!

AGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Btw all the PC and Macbooks and Macbook Pro and eMac and iMac G4 are all okay, this Peace 'O **** iMac is a new Aluminum one.

Gordy
Dec 7, 2008, 01:46 PM
Okay so my imac was fine on my airport when I had a WEP/WPA key but I took that off because my friends PC couldn't connect with any type of security PC FAIL!, anyway the issue here is my iMac always asks for a password when connecting to the airport and I always have to leave it blank but in like 5 minutes it is disconnected again and I have to try and connect back the the Airport and leave it blank again, i'm getting fed up of having to open my network settings every 5 minutes!!!

AGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Btw all the PC and Macbooks and Macbook Pro and eMac and iMac G4 are all okay, this Peace 'O **** iMac is a new Aluminum one.

Tell your friend to sort out his/her pc and turn WPA back on. Running any wireless network with no security is asking for problems...

mlemonds
Dec 7, 2008, 01:49 PM

tell your imac to forget the network and rejoin