PDA

View Full Version : How to import Display Profiles ?

Tex-Twil
Dec 7, 2008, 12:21 PM
Hello,
I have a late MBP and my girfriend has the late MB and I she has better looking colors ! I would like to import her Display .icc profile but I don't know why.

I tried to copy her .icc file into /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays/ but it is not showing up in the display manager.

Any ideas ?

Tex

irishgrizzly
Dec 7, 2008, 12:37 PM
Different kind of monitor panels = different kind of profiles :confused:

Tex-Twil
Dec 7, 2008, 12:42 PM
Different kind of monitor panels = different kind of profiles :confused:
so they are not "compatible" thus I cant use it ?

jonkemerer
Dec 7, 2008, 01:25 PM
Goto System Preferences >> Displays >> Color >> "Open Profile".

Edit: Hmmm, seems to work for me? I guess irishgrizzly is right, different display profiles work for different monitors I guess? I have to be honest, I'm not real sure, it's always just worked for me?

Tex-Twil
Dec 7, 2008, 01:51 PM
Goto System Preferences >> Displays >> Color >> "Open Profile".

Well this just opens the current profile but doesnt set the new one.

irishgrizzly
Dec 7, 2008, 06:00 PM
Have you tried calibrating it yourself? It doesn't take to long and you'll get the best profile for your own screen/light conditions/eyes!

Tex-Twil
Dec 8, 2008, 02:43 AM
Have you tried calibrating it yourself? It doesn't take to long and you'll get the best profile for your own screen/light conditions/eyes!
Well I tried but the explanation of the calibration are not very clear :) I'll have to google for it I think.

Tex-Twil
Dec 8, 2008, 12:11 PM
well I"ve just tried but the colors look horrible :( I switched back to the default which definitely looks washed compared to the colors of my gf MB.

Tex-Twil
Dec 8, 2008, 12:22 PM
ok I've found this (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=588565) thread and I'll try the posted profiles ;)