PDA

View Full Version : Who would you like to see square off on macrumors?

teabgs
Jun 7, 2002, 06:42 PM
I mean flamewar style....to the death! :D

I'd like to see Mischief and AlphaTech ;)

eyelikeart
Jun 7, 2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by teabgs

I'd like to see Mischief and AlphaTech ;)

damnit! that's who I was going to say! :( ;)

jelloshotsrule
Jun 7, 2002, 06:49 PM
flamewars don't do much for me

friendly jesting is better i think.

so is crack

if i had to pick. i'd take the frenchie, happy go lucky guy against the queen's arse kissing guy. ie, the french vs. the brits.

just for fun

teabgs
Jun 7, 2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
flamewars don't do much for me

friendly jesting is better i think.

so is crack

if i had to pick. i'd take the frenchie, happy go lucky guy against the queen's arse kissing guy. ie, the french vs. the brits.

just for fun

Whose the Frenchie? I'm assuming the brit is Britboy...

Rower_CPU
Jun 7, 2002, 07:07 PM
Whose the Frenchie? I'm assuming the brit is Britboy...

J calls eye' "frenchie"...

Can we bring back banned members?

spikey vs gocyrus would be funny as hell!:D

Beej
Jun 7, 2002, 07:15 PM
Me vs you ALL!!!

Mwahahahahaha!

jelloshotsrule
Jun 7, 2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
J calls eye' "frenchie"...

Can we bring back banned members?

spikey vs gocyrus would be funny as hell!:D

row-dog knows me all too well.

eye just looks french. no doubt about it....

but i don't know how exciting it'd be. eye would be all cheery and wink brit to death ithink....

krossfyter
Jun 7, 2002, 07:19 PM
yeah...flame wars are entertaining but... i dont like being apart of them. i like being nice to people no matter what. now if someone personaly ..in my face or behin my back does something to me....its ON! but usually on the puter its a different world.

i cant come over there and jack you up...if you try and mess with me. hidding behind the computer is safety for some peeps.

Rower_CPU
Jun 7, 2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Beej
Me vs you ALL!!!

Mwahahahahaha!

You think you can handle it, punk?!?!?

You aren't even awake yet!:rolleyes:

eyelikeart
Jun 7, 2002, 07:23 PM
but i don't know how exciting it'd be. eye would be all cheery and wink brit to death ithink....

ha ha ha!!!! :D

maybe I have a mean side u guys don't know about?

I could be like jeckyl & hyde u know... :eek: ;)

teabgs
Jun 7, 2002, 07:25 PM
Me vs you ALL!!!

Mwahahahahaha!

Maybe he'll use his hardcore brawn...hehehe;)

britboy
Jun 7, 2002, 08:14 PM

I'm assuming the brit is Britboy...

However did you guess? :rolleyes:

Are we allowed group battles? If so then i'd like to see spikey, kela, thaylithefierce and gocyrus square it off. That would be something worth staying up all night to watch :D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 08:19 PM
Tag Team
Mischief and Krosfyter VS. Alpha and B2TM

in a cage

if you're left standing, you get to come out...

britboy
Jun 7, 2002, 08:30 PM

*Britboy unleashes his pitbull....eye counters with a poisonous frog....pitbull yelps and scurries away, frog croaks with delight....spikey's ghost of bygone times walks in and squished frog....britain reigns triumphant!!!*

That's my version of it :p

teabgs
Jun 7, 2002, 08:32 PM
I think group battles is fine...I'd like to see an all out Aussie battle...hehe

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 09:12 PM
I think group battles is fine...I'd like to see an all out Aussie battle...hehe

Beej would start winning, but then mac15 would bite him, panic would ensue, chaos, dogs and cats sleeping together....

be a good video, though. might even be able to sell it.

Rower_CPU
Jun 7, 2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
Beej would start winning, but then mac15 would bite him, panic would ensue, chaos, dogs and cats sleeping together....

be a good video, though. might even be able to sell it.

You left out "mass hysteria".:p

I think everyone is too good of friends right now for this to work, but I can think of one mroe that would be interesting:

AlphaTech vs The Newbies

Stand back...it could get ugly.:D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 09:24 PM

You left out "mass hysteria".:p

AlphaTech vs The Newbies

Stand back...it could get ugly.:D

sorry, my bad....

Alpha and the newbies...ha that would be good

but you can see that almost everyday here on the forums....I'm amazed he's kept at it so long, a lesser man would have given up by now....:D

Rower_CPU
Jun 7, 2002, 09:27 PM
There's something to be said about perseverance...or is it stubborness...?

I always get the two mixed up.:D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 09:39 PM
I think he's actually the flag bearer for the cause against ignorance and stupidity, his job will never be done...

Beej
Jun 7, 2002, 09:40 PM
I will win because I can write in big scary writing!
MWHAHAHAHAHA!!!
I can tell you're all scared...

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 09:41 PM
I will win because I can write in big scary writing!
MWHAHAHAHAHA!!!
I can tell you're all scared...

like I said, until mac15 bites you.....then you'll cry;)

Beej
Jun 7, 2002, 09:45 PM

like I said, until mac15 bites you.....then you'll cry;) If that's his plan, I'd better get my tetnis & rabies shots :D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 09:47 PM
So just out of curiosity, what time is it for you over there? And is it Saturday or Sunday.....

Beej
Jun 7, 2002, 10:25 PM
So just out of curiosity, what time is it for you over there? And is it Saturday or Sunday..... It's 1:30 pm EST (Eastern Standard Time) on Saturday. What time is it there? I really should know that by now...

I'd also just like to piont out that we don't have rabies in Australia, so I guess that's one good thing about being bit by a rabbid Aussie :) And I'm all up to date with my tetnis shots... so, bring it on, mac15! :D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 10:28 PM
Its 11:30 PM EST (obviously you have your own EST) ha.

pretty much what I thought. practically on the opposite side of the planet. Its probably 1:30 am, Saturday in greenland somewhere.....

jelloshotsrule
Jun 8, 2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart

ha ha ha!!!! :D

maybe I have a mean side u guys don't know about?

I could be like jeckyl & hyde u know... :eek: ;)

yeah. right. you'd be winking. then you'd bust out your white flag to surrender, just like all good frenchman

meanwhile brit's out there thinking he's being sneaky wearing bright freaking red uniform and a white wig. like a judge.

good luck to you both.....

mac15
Jun 8, 2002, 01:08 AM
If that's his plan, I'd better get my tetnis & rabies shots :D

bring it beej I take your aussie ass down biatch

I'll take all of you MWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

eyelikeart
Jun 8, 2002, 01:41 AM

yeah. right. you'd be winking. then you'd bust out your white flag to surrender, just like all good frenchman

ha ha ha!!! :D

this is too good! the best part is I'm not even part French! ;)

damn there's the winking character again!!! :eek:

Rower_CPU
Jun 8, 2002, 01:49 AM
ha ha ha!!! :D

this is too good! the best part is I'm not even part French! ;)

damn there's the winking character again!!! :eek:

You know what's ironic is that j-chien is 50% French himself...

I think it's some sort of latent hostility he bears towards his French blood...:rolleyes:

I just roll my eyes at him.:D

eyelikeart
Jun 8, 2002, 02:01 AM
the whole joke came about because in the picture I posted, I was in a French Bistro...

hence "Frenchie"...no worries...nicknames are terms of endearment... ;)

and so are smilies! :D

Rower_CPU
Jun 8, 2002, 02:06 AM
I still don't see the resemblance...other than the location...

Oh, well. That's j-chien for ya...random as hell!:D

Grokgod
Jun 8, 2002, 02:07 AM
AlphaTech vs the newbies.!!

Dont know if I am still a newbie?

But I have seen Alphatech tear limbs off of newbies and and try to stick them back on with spit, and some thin cotten thread. Never really the same though.

I am French, but was never good at collaboration.

Rower_CPU
Jun 8, 2002, 02:10 AM
So how did a French guy end up in Oregon?

What part? I know the Medford/Ashland area...et je parle français.:)

awulf
Jun 8, 2002, 03:27 AM
Steve Jobs vs Bill Gates:D

jelloshotsrule
Jun 8, 2002, 07:11 AM
I still don't see the resemblance...other than the location...

Oh, well. That's j-chien for ya...random as hell!:D

outstanding!

it took me a second to remember what chien is...

but. excellent...

you might want to translate for the non frenchies.

also, i finally got office space! yes. i delivered on contributing, and office space. this job has changed me! ha.

ahhh, good ole winking frenchie. gotta love him

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 08:46 AM
you might want to translate for the non frenchies.

also, i finally got office space! yes. i delivered on contributing, and office space. this job has changed me! ha.

ahhh, good ole winking frenchie. gotta love him

Ah, that's something to put on my list of things to do today, get OfficeSpace...

chien = dog

????? = dawg (No idea what the french would be for that)

jelloshotsrule
Jun 8, 2002, 08:47 AM
Ah, that's something to put on my list of things to do today, get OfficeSpace...

chien = dog

????? = dawg (No idea what the french would be for that)

just gotta say it with attitude....

like... "what up chien?!?!"

i hope to watch office space on my bro's tibp on the way to my g-parents.... word

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 08:48 AM

just gotta say it with attitude....

like... "what up chien?!?!"

i hope to watch office space on my bro's tibp on the way to my g-parents.... word

?

qu'est-ce qui ce passe, chien?

jelloshotsrule
Jun 8, 2002, 08:58 AM

?

haha. those crazy frenchies

why do they have so many phrases?

the only one they use is "i surrender"

eyelikeart
Jun 8, 2002, 10:45 AM

?

Je ne comprends pas?

IndyGopher
Jun 8, 2002, 11:24 AM

haha. those crazy frenchies

why do they have so many phrases?

the only one they use is "i surrender"

Hehe.. much like the brilliant quote from Groundskeeper Willie on the Simpsons... "Bon Jour, ya cheese-eatin' surrender-monkeys!"

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 12:34 PM

Je ne comprends pas?

really, hmm, didn't think my french was that far off

lacking direct translation into something more 'regular' its

what is happening, dog?

what up, dawg.....

eyelikeart
Jun 8, 2002, 12:54 PM

lacking direct translation into something more 'regular' its

what is happening, dog?

what up, dawg.....

ha ha ha!!!

ok...that is something I'll have to remember for next time I go out with some buddies...

I can just see a group of guys out on the town speaking French/Hip Hop slang to each other... :eek: :D :D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 12:57 PM

ok...that is something I'll have to remember for next time I go out with some buddies...

ha, you use that on strangers and you're labeling yourself 'NERD' no way around it there. Your best bet is to actually ask them how they would say

what up, dawg in french

if you find out, post it:D

AlphaTech
Jun 8, 2002, 01:02 PM
Tag Team
Mischief and Krosfyter VS. Alpha and B2TM

in a cage

if you're left standing, you get to come out...

Hmmmmmm... only if I can bring my normal equipment... then I would be the only one to walk out of the cage... alive that is :D

LOCK AND LOAD!!!!!

oh yeah and... BRING IT ON!! muahahahahahahahahaha *cough**cough* damn :D

AlphaTech
Jun 8, 2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Grokgod
AlphaTech vs the newbies.!!

Dont know if I am still a newbie?

But I have seen Alphatech tear limbs off of newbies and and try to stick them back on with spit, and some thin cotten thread. Never really the same though.

I already do that... when they open their orfices and something innane/moronic comes out. They get once chance to fess up to an oops, then it's open season on their a$$es. :D

As for reattaching limbs.. I ran out of thread, so I don't really bother any more... It's more fun to beat them over the head with one of their own limbs anyway.. :D

I am French, but was never good at collaboration.

Yeah, suuuure, that's what they all say, after we free their a$$es at least :D

teabgs
Jun 8, 2002, 01:09 PM
I think the most comedic matchup would have to be Krossfyter vs. Jelloshotsrule. Oh man, I can see it now.

Krossfyter breaks out a pic of the fat chick rolling around in poo. suddently the most horrendous mullet is posted by Jello accompanied by midget monkeys!

Then in a surprise move Krossfyter breaks out the drunk chicks....

Jello in an attempt to fight off the drunk chicks breaks out the drunken rednecks that hang out outside the Hardees in Rouzerville PA (the one by martin's on RT16) That's right, I know where you at biatch! ;)

Where will it go from here is anyone's guess...

AlphaTech
Jun 8, 2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by IndyGopher

Hehe.. much like the brilliant quote from Groundskeeper Willie on the Simpsons... "Bon Jour, ya cheese-eatin' surrender-monkeys!"

THAT is one for the books.... :D

graydecember
Jun 8, 2002, 01:43 PM
Macrumors members:

I quit posting here long ago- what a waste of time- you all sound like babies. MacOS X sux. It needs soooooo much work- the old OS was great, though. Perhaps it nevertheless is still the best general purpose OS out right now, that's not saying very much.
OSX gui sux (interface, mainly in intuitiveness), it's slow, too. The only way that Macs completely slam other computer is in the form factor/industrial design area. Not even close.

Very few of you know what you are talking about, even in a small way. So many of you parrot something you read somewhere about chip architecture and it sounds completely ridiculous, and it's so obvious you don't know what you're talking about. How embarrassing. If you don't know anything about architecture, for example, maybe you should try emphatically stating, in addition to your main idea, that you don't know what you are talking about. BTW, I'm so sick of posts like "huh, huh! How about a Beowulf cluster of macs! Huh Huh! Then we caoud really beat Peecees!! Yay!". blah blahbblah bla hbl

Drop the G5 thing already. I'm so sick of posts like "I can't wait for the G5 to come!", and "yeah, I'm gonna git one!", and "yeah, me too!", "me three!" etc. *Of course* you are- we ALL are- why talk about it, what a waste of brain power. Save the time you spend writing such a dopey post as that and go ride bikes, watch the Solid Gold dancers, whatever, as long as it's some kind of social activity. Better yet, go get the developer kit and learn Cocoa/ Obj C and write an app or something.

(this post does not apply to eye, alpha, hemingray, mischief, spikey, ambitious, arn, et al. The ones it DOES apply to- you know who you are, you know you are are at least as stupid as I say):p :p :p :rolleyes:

Rower_CPU
Jun 8, 2002, 01:45 PM
?

Slight correction: Qu'est-ce qui se passe, chien?

Sounds the same, but is spelled differently.:)

I think that "Salut, chien!" (Hey, dawg!) or "Ça va, chien?" ('Sup, dawg?) would be better...

Rower_CPU
Jun 8, 2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by graydecember
Macrumors members:

I quit posting here long ago- what a waste of time- you all sound like babies. MacOS X sux. It needs soooooo much work- the old OS was great, though. Perhaps it nevertheless is still the best general purpose OS out right now, that's not saying very much.
OSX gui sux (interface, mainly in intuitiveness), it's slow, too. The only way that Macs completely slam other computer is in the form factor/industrial design area. Not even close.

Very few of you know what you are talking about, even in a small way. So many of you parrot something you read somewhere about chip architecture and it sounds completely ridiculous, and it's so obvious you don't know what you're talking about. How embarrassing. If you don't know anything about architecture, for example, maybe you should try emphatically stating, in addition to your main idea, that you don't know what you are talking about. BTW, I'm so sick of posts like "huh, huh! How about a Beowulf cluster of macs! Huh Huh! Then we caoud really beat Peecees!! Yay!". blah blahbblah bla hbl

Drop the G5 thing already. I'm so sick of posts like "I can't wait for the G5 to come!", and "yeah, I'm gonna git one!", and "yeah, me too!", "me three!" etc. *Of course* you are- we ALL are- why talk about it, what a waste of brain power. Save the time you spend writing such a dopey post as that and go ride bikes, watch the Solid Gold dancers, whatever, as long as it's some kind of social activity. Better yet, go get the developer kit and learn Cocoa/ Obj C and write an app or something.

(this post does not apply to eye, alpha, hemingray, mischief, spikey, ambitious, arn, et al. The ones it DOES apply to- you know who you are, you know you are are at least as stupid as I say):p :p :p :rolleyes:

Does this mean you're volunteering to have your butt handed to you by all of us members?

It's very appropriate that you posted it to this thread.:D

AlphaTech
Jun 8, 2002, 01:52 PM

Does this mean you're volunteering to have your butt handed to you by all of us members?

It's very appropriate that you posted it to this thread.:D

LMFAO!!!! "get a rope"... :D

eyelikeart
Jun 8, 2002, 02:02 PM

what is happening, dog?

que se produit-il, le chien?

what up, dawg.....
ce qui vers le haut, dawg

how's that dawg? ;)

Rower_CPU
Jun 8, 2002, 02:06 PM
que se produit-il, le chien?

what up, dawg.....
ce qui vers le haut, dawg

how's that dawg? ;)

Wow...literal translation doesn't work at all.:D

Have you guys heard of Babelizer?

[edit: addition from earlier post]
I think that "Salut, chien!" (Hey, dawg!) or "Ça va, chien?" ('Sup, dawg?) would be better...

AlphaTech
Jun 8, 2002, 02:21 PM
Please don't tell me that we are going to see all those foreign languages being used again for people to post with again...

Rower_CPU
Jun 8, 2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech
Please don't tell me that we are going to see all those foreign languages being used again for people to post with again...

Ha!

What if we start using a Massacheusetts dialect?:p

"Did yeh pahk the cah?"

:D

britboy
Jun 8, 2002, 02:25 PM

Et pourqui non? Est-ce que il y a une probleme avec ca? A mi me encanta charlar en lenguages extranjeros. Deberias probarlo, es divertido.

How's about a pissing contest? How many languages can you speak? :D

Rower_CPU
Jun 8, 2002, 02:31 PM
Sorry, just Spanish, French and English here...but that's a lot better than most Americans.:D

AlphaTech
Jun 8, 2002, 02:33 PM

Ha!

What if we start using a Massacheusetts dialect?:p

"Did yeh pahk the cah?"

:D

Actually, that is Bostonian.. which I do not use since I grew up in the burbs far away from there (thankfully)... I do, on occasion, say quatah, but not that often.. :p

But at lease that can be figured out without having to search for wtf language is being used so that you can get some of what is being said.

I wouldn't go to a Japanese web site (with everything in Japanese) and start posting in English.

To me, posting messages in foreign languages is akin to people talking in public in them. I am not talking about tourists either, since you can usually spot them from afar, but people that have lived where they are for years. Then again, those people are typically (not always, but the majority of the time) on wellfare, haven't worked a day in their lives and have no intentions of getting a job.

AlphaTech
Jun 8, 2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by britboy
How's about a pissing contest? How many languages can you speak? :D

English and in .45 cal. :D

britboy
Jun 8, 2002, 02:43 PM

To me, posting messages in foreign languages is akin to people talking in public in them. I am not talking about tourists either, since you can usually spot them from afar, but people that have lived where they are for years. Then again, those people are typically (not always, but the majority of the time) on wellfare, haven't worked a day in their lives and have no intentions of getting a job.

Can't really argue with that. I've never really thought speaking in foreign languages in public is something to be scorned though.

Asi que, cagate :p

For the record: i speak english (to a degree...), spanish and german, french so-so, arabic so-so, and finnish i'm learning.

am i a show-off? :rolleyes: Go on then, take that .45 cal and use it ;)

Rower_CPU
Jun 8, 2002, 02:47 PM
Can't really argue with that. I've never really thought speaking in foreign languages in public is something to be scorned though.

Asi que, cagate :p

For the record: i speak english (to a degree...), spanish and german, french so-so, arabic so-so, and finnish i'm learning.

Like I've said before, I work in foreign language lab and graduated with a language degree, so languages play a large role in my life. I think communicating in foreign languages is great...but not if it ostracizes/excludes people.

Isn't it "cayate"?:p

britboy
Jun 8, 2002, 02:53 PM

I think communicating in foreign languages is great...but not if it ostracizes/excludes people.

Isn't it "cayate"?:p

Agreed.

Callate = shut up
Cagate = something else.... :D

Megaquad
Jun 8, 2002, 02:55 PM
Macrumors members:

I am not sure I understood this last part of message,but Amen bro ;)

AlphaTech
Jun 8, 2002, 02:57 PM

I have allowed it to speak volumes for me... :D

I think communicating in foreign languages is great...but not if it ostracizes/excludes people.

THAT is what I was talking about... If people do not speak, or read, the language you are using, you do ostracize them from the discussion since they don't know wtf you are talking about/saying.

If you want to speak in foreign languages, there are ways to do it that won't exclude people that are looking to the thread and want to participate in the discussions.

I did take some spanish in high school, but it has been way too long for me to remember much of anything. I never used it outside of class, since I didn't know anyone else that spoke it. Even when I lived in Florida for all those years, anyone with a decent job spoke English (at least at work or around others).

I am all for learning the language of your ancestors, especially if you have family members that came from the old country (I intend to learn Russian one of these days, since I have mostly Russian blood in me). Just don't use it when you will exclude many people from understanding what you are saying.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 03:02 PM

Macrumors members:

I quit posting here long ago- what a waste of time-

gratuitous flaming, not very smart. Your opinions are welcome, only if you can discuss them intelligently. Don't start that here and force the thread to be closed.

alex_ant
Jun 8, 2002, 03:35 PM
I already do that... when they open their orfices and something innane/moronic comes out. They get once chance to fess up to an oops, then it's open season on their a$$es. :D
Did Alpha "ALL computers need regular maintenance" Tech just talk about how OTHERS can be inane and moronic? Oh god, this is too much. :)

alex_ant
Jun 8, 2002, 03:37 PM
Macrumors members:

I second everything you said. If only the drooling Mac knobbers could get past their blindness and ignorance and see that .NET is the platform of the future. Thank you!

alex_ant
Jun 8, 2002, 03:39 PM

gratuitous flaming, not very smart. Your opinions are welcome, only if you can discuss them intelligently. Don't start that here and force the thread to be closed.
It was satire. Lighten up.

britboy
Jun 8, 2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by alex_ant

I second everything you said. If only the drooling Mac knobbers could get past their blindness and ignorance and see that .NET is the platform of the future. Thank you!

.NET is the future? A future where microsoft decides what standards every computer has to conform to? No thankyou. Sure, call me blind and ignorant, but that doesn't sound very promising to me.

AlphaTech
Jun 8, 2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by alex_ant

Did Alpha "ALL computers need regular maintenance" Tech just talk about how OTHERS can be inane and moronic? Oh god, this is too much. :) [/B]

Zip it mr... "I don't want to maintain my computer because I am too stubborn, but then I will b*tch and moan about it not performing or behaving as I want it to" :rolleyes:

And yes, ALL computer do need routine maintenace, depending on how much you use it will dictate how often you need to. Think about it for a few if you can... you get a brand new computer, have someone configure it (who optimizes it before you take it). After X months of use, you see the computer slowing down and becoming less stable. Are you going to blame the computer, or maker when simple maintenance at that point will bring the performance back up to where it was when you got it???

Even windows systems need maintaining. The heavier you use the system, and the more you do with the hard drive, the more you need to run maintenance. M$ knows this, why else do you think they even include a defragmentation utility with the OS???