PDA

View Full Version : In the tradition of those who have come before me...

teabgs
Jun 7, 2002, 07:48 PM
I bring you this post. The post of all posts. that's right, you guessed it...

NUMBER 500 BABY!

Now I can subject ya'll to seeing whatever I want as my tar!

MUAHAHAHAHA

*G-rated of course...well, maybe PG*

:D :cool: :p

britboy
Jun 7, 2002, 07:58 PM
Congrats teabgs. When will you coughing up and joining the demi-gods?

he he. :p

Slightly 'odd' tar, if you don't mind me saying so. Is the idea that the power button should appear to glow?

Hemingray
Jun 7, 2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by teabgs
*G-rated of course...well, maybe PG*

Hm, I dunno man, your 'tar might be above PG... I mean, that whole "1" going into that "0" is AWFUL suggestive... :p :D ;)

P.S. Congrats!

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 08:25 PM
Yes, the obligitory, now that you've made it to this level, you should consider supporting your favorite forum site - MacRumors, push for Demi-God hood. We're a fun bunch who like to push around the non-believers.

Welcome to the avatar.....

teabgs
Jun 7, 2002, 08:42 PM
ah man, I knew this was gonna happen, but geez so soon....I think its B2TM's fault...you guys are all hot and bothered about getting him to sign on...

In anticipation of this I ordered new checks...when they get here I'll join...do you think I could get the clock and then send $15 more and have that count? I have mugs already...and I collect clocks so...:D

Is the 'tar that bad with the glowing? I did it really fast with Maya's glow option...which came out a bit differently then I'd expected...

BACK TO THE SUBJECT BEFORE>.....what about Jefhatfield? That old man's been due to pay up much longer then I...

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 08:49 PM
In anticipation of this I ordered new checks...when they get here I'll join...do you think I could get the clock and then send $15 more and have that count? I have mugs already...and I collect clocks so...:D

Is the 'tar that bad with the glowing? I did it really fast with Maya's glow option...which came out a bit differently then I'd expected...

BACK TO THE SUBJECT BEFORE>.....what about Jefhatfield? That old man's been due to pay up much longer then I...

If you have any questions about Demi-Godness, its always best to talk to the man himself, arn. PM him with your suggestion, I think he might be agreable to most anything. Glad you're considering the options.

You used Maya? You should have made it more 3D - oops, I'm not supposed to give out hints, hmmmm.

Jef is a tough nut to crack, we're hoping to get more Demi-gods and then gang up on him, so join up and help us get to critical mass.....

Beej
Jun 7, 2002, 10:53 PM
Seeing that by the time I got to tell B2TM to join he already had, I'll jump on this (newer, active-while-I'm-awake) bandwagon and say, yeah, you should become a demi-god!

Hemingray
Jun 7, 2002, 10:58 PM
Here's the only issue I have with Demi-Godness: Even a guy with 1 post could be a demi-god just by contributing! Then there are those of us who work at our status (ever-reaching for that 65816, I am :D ), only to have it disappear as soon as you reach Demi-God status. Does anyone else (especially you extra-special Demi-Gods) feel the same or have the same concern?

Or maybe I'm making a bigger deal out of this than it really is. ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 11:10 PM
Even though I'm curious as to what my status would be, its irrelevant with me, its just a number, post count in irrelevant.

That's got to be the poorest excuse for not paying up I've heard. Actually, jefhatfield pretty much said the same thing...silly.

And arn posted all the rankings for post counts in the private section, so you'd find out if you got there....much faster than if you had to get that many posts...

jelloshotsrule
Jun 8, 2002, 12:13 AM
teasac.

you can definitely buy something, the contribute a bit more to push it up to 30 or more. that's what i heard from arn himself.

so yeah. you can.

(that might be the 3rd time i helped someone!!)

mac15
Jun 8, 2002, 01:10 AM
see if you can break my tar record I doubt it......MWHAHAHAHAHA!!!
congrads

eyelikeart
Jun 8, 2002, 01:36 AM
congrats on 500...

I dig the avatar...he he he ;)

but I'm with duke...so when u gonna join the Demi-Gods?! :D

teabgs
Jun 8, 2002, 04:39 AM
ok ok ok.....I pm'd arn and he said its cool. So, i'm gonna get the clock and pay up a little bit more. It's the least I can dso right? I mean, I get so much more entertainment out of macrumors then going to 3 movies....for the same cost.

HOWEVER, It's 5:40am and I just got home from a night of debauchery (sp?) starting at about 10:30pm. So, after I finish being an idiot and being here, I'm gonna hit the sack....I'm so angry that the sun is out and I'm just getting ready for bed...:rolleyes:

after I get up in the middle of the day and become sober yet again I'll get out my visa...

Beej
Jun 8, 2002, 04:59 AM
Good man! I like the theory too... anyone here with 50 or more counts has surely got more entertainment out of this site than going to a couple of movies. That was my reason ffor paying up, too. It's cheap entertainment $$$ per hour, that's for sure.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 8, 2002, 07:13 AM
it's funny.

i join up, and everyone realizes... if that pathetic, lazy, dumb, american can pay up, then it's embarrassing if i don't!

interesting

glad i could start such a tidal wave of contributing! ha

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 08:30 AM
ok ok ok.....I pm'd arn and he said its cool. So, i'm gonna get the clock and pay up a little bit more. It's the least I can dso right? I mean, I get so much more entertainment out of macrumors then going to 3 movies....for the same cost.

ah, good job, teabgs....yeah, jello started the recent trend, hope it continues.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 8, 2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet

ah, good job, teabgs....yeah, jello started the recent trend, hope it continues.

i'm a trendsetter. it's cool

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule

i'm a trendsetter. it's cool

well, it sort of works with the whole 'mr. motivation' thing you've got going, now doesn't it?:D

jelloshotsrule
Jun 8, 2002, 08:44 AM
well, it sort of works with the whole 'mr. motivation' thing you've got going, now doesn't it?:D

oh true true.

and then you start calling mrsb2tm mrs back-dawg! that rules.

it must be a sign of affection when others follow a funny lead.... i tell myself that

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 08:47 AM

oh true true.

and then you start calling mrsb2tm mrs back-dawg! that rules.

it must be a sign of affection when others follow a funny lead.... i tell myself that

looks like I'll be going down to geek fest in July, I'll get a chance to call her that my self. Thinking of making name tags for everyone, should be pretty damn silly....now that you have job, why don't you take a trip?

jelloshotsrule
Jun 8, 2002, 08:49 AM
looks like I'll be going down to geek fest in July, I'll get a chance to call her that my self. Thinking of making name tags for everyone, should be pretty damn silly....now that you have job, why don't you take a trip?

i still think too many geeks in that space is a fire hazard. i don't like fires.

you gonna use the cool names or the screen names? it better be the cool names!

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 08:53 AM

i still think too many geeks in that space is a fire hazard. i don't like fires.

you gonna use the cool names or the screen names? it better be the cool names!

I'll try and use both

Hi my name is dukestreet
d-mod

or something like that. I'll have to get alist of all the peope showing up. I'm really looking forward to seeing that Pathintosh - that was a sweet mod to the truck...

jelloshotsrule
Jun 8, 2002, 08:59 AM
I'll try and use both

Hi my name is dukestreet
d-mod

yeah, i guess not everyone's down wth my lingo.....

but gotta have the cool nicknames for those who know em.

amazing that one time posters are coming. or say they'll come....

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 09:09 AM
There will be a few of us, but b2tms and eye (maybe with pizza girl) will be there, so it will be a good weekend anyway. I'm just hoping there will be a place so we can post a few pics and clips. It might have to wait till I get back...

eyelikeart
Jun 8, 2002, 10:42 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing that Pathintosh - that was a sweet mod to the truck...

yeah...that thing is killer!

small world...a good friend of mine used to be an installer at the place where the Pathintosh was errected...

he actually worked on it in different stages... ;)

teabgs
Jun 8, 2002, 12:32 PM
Hey Jello....now that you got a job.....you gonna cough up some $$$ and come to NYC for macworld?

I'm definately gonna be there now...hehehe :D This is gonna be sweet, and I'll get to sit up all close and everything and take pictures (which I'll post ASAP)...sorry, prolly cant do it live....

you should come, it'll be fun.