PDA

View Full Version : iMac 2009 redesign?

gr81mgbgt
Dec 8, 2008, 01:26 PM
Will it be redesigned? Or Will It Stay Aluminum?

Tallest Skil
Dec 8, 2008, 01:27 PM
Just stop and think for a minute. If they were redesigning it, why would they make the new MacBooks LOOK like it?!

gr81mgbgt
Dec 8, 2008, 01:35 PM
Thats true!
So January's update will be faster processors and snow leopard?

Tallest Skil
Dec 8, 2008, 01:37 PM
Thats true!
So January's update will be faster processors and snow leopard?

Snow Leopard will come out at WWDC in June. Montevina iMacs at MacWorld... most likely.

gazfocus
Dec 8, 2008, 06:20 PM
What kind of specs to people expect to see in the new iMacs? Do you think it's likely that we'll get quad core processors?

I currently use a 2.16GHz MBP hooked up to a 23" ACD as my main computer and I am looking to replace the setup with a new iMac and possible sell the ACD to offset some of the cost, but I would consider the Mac Pro purely for the quad core option.

Also, is the standard hard drive capacity likely to be increased on the base 24" model?

MacGeekDC
Dec 8, 2008, 06:37 PM
Maybe some minor changes like a thinner stand similar to the one on the new LED cinema display.

adamvk
Dec 8, 2008, 07:55 PM
What kind of specs to people expect to see in the new iMacs? Do you think it's likely that we'll get quad core processors?

I currently use a 2.16GHz MBP hooked up to a 23" ACD as my main computer and I am looking to replace the setup with a new iMac and possible sell the ACD to offset some of the cost, but I would consider the Mac Pro purely for the quad core option.

Also, is the standard hard drive capacity likely to be increased on the base 24" model?

If I had to guess, yes the HD capacity will be replaced. 320GB in a $1800 computer is pretty low.

gazfocus
Dec 8, 2008, 09:06 PM
If I had to guess, yes the HD capacity will be replaced. 320GB in a $1800 computer is pretty low.

Yeah that's what I was thinking but then again, Apple have people over a barrel because it's incredibly risky to upgrade the hard drive in an iMac yourself so more people are willing to upgrade the hard drive in the order anyway.

naid
Dec 9, 2008, 08:05 AM
1TB is available in the current iMac. They might lower the prices for the HD upgrades or up the base drive capacity a bit, we'll see.

Le Big Mac
Dec 9, 2008, 08:14 AM
Just stop and think for a minute. If they were redesigning it, why would they make the new MacBooks LOOK like it?!

Well, they have to redesign the case to omit the firewire ports . . . :D

speakerwizard
Dec 9, 2008, 08:36 AM
I think the only exterior difference will be the change to the display port, maybe they will just leave the fw800 but their wouldnt be much point in getting rid of the 400, it would be less effort for them to leave it on.

talkingfuture
Dec 9, 2008, 09:43 AM
I think the only changes to the appearance of the iMac over the next 2-3 years and possibly beyond will be bigger screens and thinner cases. It looks to me like they have settled on the ideal shape now so it will see continuous refinements like the iPod classic.

Tallest Skil
Dec 9, 2008, 09:45 AM
I think the only changes to the appearance of the iMac over the next 2-3 years and possibly beyond will be bigger screens and thinner cases. It looks to me like they have settled on the ideal shape now so it will see continuous refinements like the iPod classic.

The iMac classic and the iMac touch. The latter for when OS XI comes out. It won't look at all like the current iMac. It won't have an upright screen.