Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hackamac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2008
Hello everyone! I would be most grateful for some help with the following: I am desperately trying to free up space on my Macbook and maximize the use of my Time Capsule. (1T in storage) Is there a process I can follow that safely transfers my downloaded movie collection from itunes (and music files too) to my Time Capsule that will then free up my 80 gigs of space on the Macbook? (Yes - I am new to the forum environment and apologize for the lengthy question.) I would be seriously thankful for your help anyone. ;)

imapfsr

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2008
Victoria, B.C.
hackamac,
I saw you post yesterday and noticed no reply yet so I will give it my best shot. There is a setting in Itunes Preference that you can adjust. Open Itunes, click on Itunes, then Preferences and that will open the pane. Go to advance and you will see the Itunes Music Folder Location. Click on change and select your Time Capsule. That will also move your movie file as well. I hope that is what you were looking for.

hackamac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2008
Time Capsule Trials...

Thank you very much. I am trying to avoid an appointment with the Genius Bar folks as I just don't have the available time. I will try what you have suggested. (Again, many thanks) I really need to move all my movies over to the Time Capsule as I have 30 on my Macbook now and so, subsequently, am no longer able to download new movies due to space issues. I am thankful for any other suggestions you might have as well. Cheers! (P.S. I am living in Atlanta, but used to live in Alberta) Gotta love Canadians!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.