PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Pad reviews

clubsport
Jun 7, 2002, 11:23 PM
Hi everyone! I'm usually a Spymac regular, so you might know me, but since Spymac is down for a while, I thought I might come here.

Anyway, here is a site that I have set up for all you graphic designers. If you're looking for a graphics pad, or want to send in a review, go to: http://www.sketchpad.netfirms.com

It's in its beta stage at the moment, and I'm looking for feedback related to the design of the site, rather than the content.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2002, 11:27 PM
Interesting. I use a 9x12 Intuos 2 myself, couldn't imagine using anything but that sometimes. I had one of the older Wacon tablets - adb - version back in 96 as well.

But I was wondering why spymac is down, the site says down for site optimization, but what does that mean?

clubsport
Jun 8, 2002, 05:47 AM
I think SpyMac is adding extra features and changing their style, but I really don't know.

Oh, by the way, if anyone wants to send in a review of a graphics tablet for the site, just send it to: shuve@mac.com.

Size doesn't matter, it can range from two words to two thousand! Also, you don't need to provide pictures in your review, it is optional.

How about you, dukestreet? We're looking for an Intuos 2 review... :D

clubsport
Jun 8, 2002, 06:12 AM
What features do you think I should add?

I'm working on a software area and an improving the review area. What else should I do? Do you like the style of the site?

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by clubsport

How about you, dukestreet? We're looking for an Intuos 2 review... :D
I don't need a review, I have one and love it.
I'll write you a review, if you'd like, with pics of my setup. It won't be till next week.

clubsport
Jun 14, 2002, 09:04 PM
SketchPad now has forums, created by Pumpkin Juice. Check it out here (http://www.sketchpad.netfirms.com/pumpkin)

britboy
Jun 14, 2002, 09:11 PM
SketchPad now has forums, created by Pumpkin Juice. Check it out here (http://www.sketchpad.netfirms.com/pumpkin)

You're modest aren't you, Mr Super Administrator ;) :D

AmbitiousLemon
Jun 14, 2002, 09:44 PM
yes i would be interesed in hearing what you think of your pad duke. i have been looking for something for some time but dont need it so i have been holding out for something that really grabs me. what sort fo work do you do with it and what would you consider its bad points?

Mr. Anderson
Jun 14, 2002, 10:49 PM
I use the standard imaging software packages, photoshop, illustrator, etc. and it comes in handy using the stylus/pen for doing detail work. Most of the time it I use the 4 button mouse for everything else - even the 3D Animation/Modeling works out nice. The 9x12 is a great working space, especially if you sketch something and use it as a guide.

But in general, it like a wireless mouse, because the tablet is so large, and it is just works well. So, depending on what you use it could be a nice addition to your setup. I know that I will always use one, no matter what.

As for bad points, er, well, it cost $400+, that's it. For some that might be all the reason not to buy one, but I've found it to be worth it, almost everyday. I should post a pic so you can appreciate it. I'll try and do that Monday.

D

clubsport
Jun 15, 2002, 11:23 PM
Yeah well what can I say... I am the most amazingly super administrator ever to walk to the world. I'm just being modest by saying I'm a Super Admin :)

Anyway, check back next week for new forums. Join up now and we'll keep your names in the database for when we upgrade.

Also, what topics do you want covered in the forums. Post here or in the Juice Bar forums.

Royal Pineapple
Jun 15, 2002, 11:57 PM

The Juice Bar welcomes our newest member making a total of 0 registered members.
The Juice Bar has a total of 2 posts (0 replies to 2 Topics)
Most users ever online was 2 on June 14 2002,22:10

you dont get much trafic do you?;)
but the style looked very similar to something. i couldnt quite put my finger on it.:D :D :D

clubsport
Jun 17, 2002, 05:44 AM
yeah its strange. so far we've got over 200 hits to sketch pad, 30 hits to the forums (by different users), but no one wants to register. I suppose it hasn't been online too long though.

That's the annoying thing about starting a forum board, if you have no members no one sees a point in joining.

Anyway, if you want to post something to me, register and post it in my board :)