Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

someone28624

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Buffalo
I bought this mouse today in hopes of getting it to work with the internal bluetooth, but it doesn't seem to want to. Has anyone been able to get a similar mouse to work with the internal bluetooth?

danvan21

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2008
its a usb mouse, you have to plug the thing in but it doesnt matter cause its only compatible with windows. If you have a apple computer you are screwd but if its a PC just plug it in and it should work. If you want a apple compatible mouse look at apple.com.

someone28624

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Buffalo
its a usb mouse, you have to plug the thing in but it doesnt matter cause its only compatible with windows. If you have a apple computer you are screwd but if its a PC just plug it in and it should work. If you want a apple compatible mouse look at apple.com.

Using the dangle that came with the mouse, it works fine with my Macbook. But the only reason I bought it was to try and free up a USB port.

Ron21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
No, not all wireless mice are bluetooth. In fact most are not. The mouse you bought is a regular 2.4ghz wireless mouse. Simply plug in the usb adapter and it should work fine.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
There are a number of wireless mouse in the market that are bluetooth. Bluetooth will be printed on the packaging, and look for those that are compatible with Mac OS, such as this one.

cellocello

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2008
Toronto, ON
There are a number of wireless mouse in the market that are bluetooth. Bluetooth will be printed on the packaging, and look for those that are compatible with Mac OS, such as this one.

yeah, I was kind of looking at this one - until I realized I'm actually losing functionality compared to my trackpad (gestures for alt-tab, expose, show desktop, etc.)

I wonder if there's any OS X compatible mice with bluetooth and good amount of buttons (like 2 main, wheel that can click, and 2 thumb buttons or something) .......

Mako5

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2008
or this one, though I cannot figure out how to get the "Back" thumb button to work on my MacBook.

dubels

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2006
I have the one Mako5 posted. IMO it is alright, it could be ergonomically better but it serves its purpose. It auto shuts off and last pretty long on two AAA batters. Its nice to travel with too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.