Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

King Mook Mook

macrumors 6502
Original poster
I have posted this in the Boot Camp thread as well as this one because chances are that more people with a MBA would read this Forum Area. If this is violating the rules of Mac Rumors than please PM me and I will delete the thread.

Hi All,

I have my MacBook Air which I have installed Windows Vista on and have installed all the drivers from the included DVD. I am reselling it to a friend who wants me to reinstall Windows on it. This is fine but it seems I have stupidly misplaced my Driver Disk so I was wondering if any of you good souls who have a MacBook Air could upload the files. Also is this the right place to put this topic or should it be in the MacBook Air forum?

Thank you,
King Mook Mook

glitch44

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2006
I have posted this in the Boot Camp thread as well as this one because chances are that more people with a MBA would read this Forum Area. If this is violating the rules of Mac Rumors than please PM me and I will delete the thread.

Hi All,

I have my MacBook Air which I have installed Windows Vista on and have installed all the drivers from the included DVD. I am reselling it to a friend who wants me to reinstall Windows on it. This is fine but it seems I have stupidly misplaced my Driver Disk so I was wondering if any of you good souls who have a MacBook Air could upload the files. Also is this the right place to put this topic or should it be in the MacBook Air forum?

Thank you,
King Mook Mook

all the windows drivers are on your leopard install disk

h1d

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2008
Did he not just 'miss place' that?
While I hope I could help (I have it zipped up for my use around 120MB along with USB ethernet driver) I don't know how valid/legal in doing that.

King Mook Mook

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Did he not just 'miss place' that?
While I hope I could help (I have it zipped up for my use around 120MB along with USB ethernet driver) I don't know how valid/legal in doing that.

I'm no Lawyer but I believe that under Copyright Law (we call it Fair Dealings here in Australia) as you are not selling me the product (in this case the drivers) for any profit or any money for that matter it is legal. Also as Apple have already supplied the product to me this is just a backup disk. And anyone who does not have Rev 1 of a MacBook Air would have no use for these drivers.

However, it is your choice and thank you again for replying to my original post.

Thanks,
King Mook Mook

h1d

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2008
Well, yeah I live in Japan, I don't know, maybe we deal this through PM.

glitch44

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2006
I'm no Lawyer but I believe that under Copyright Law (we call it Fair Dealings here in Australia) as you are not selling me the product (in this case the drivers) for any profit or any money for that matter it is legal.

just for the record, that's not how copyright law works. if you download a movie for free and no money is exchanged, it's still copyright infringement. that said, the drivers aren't really the product apple sells-- the laptops and the OS are. i don't think they'd really mind since you're just trying to keep the product you already purchased from them working. i'd help but i have a horrible, horrible upload speed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.