Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calviin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Don't know why, but when I try quitting, everything freezes up. Always. Every single time. Unless there's a fix for this, I always have to restart my macbook. However, actual gameplay is very good. Smooth and fast. I'm extremely satisfied with my new macbook except for this one small problem.

imassents

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
For some unknown reason it does that. It tends to happen only after playing custom games, which may mean it is a Warcraft memory management issue (not your fault). Most of the time I have had it quit by itself after 10-15 minutes, however this is not very practical - the time may also vary based on the map played or the amount of maps played, I don't know.

As there is no fix (yet), all you can do it press Command-M to swap to window mode before exiting Warcraft. From here you can right-click it in the dock and Force Quit it.

You can also press Command-Option-Escape to Force Quit it when it has frozen in fullscreen (I prefer this way).

Use either of these two methods - don't force restart your Mac. Doing that is bad for OS X and any other open programs. Only force restart your Mac if OS X has become unresponsive. As yet I haven't seen mine crash (purchased Feb 08) and Command-Option-Escape is very useful for any programs that act up (it's the Windows equivalent of Ctrl-Alt-Delete).

calviin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Ah~ Ok. I see. Is there also a patch for Warcraft 3? Not Frozen Throne. I can't seem to update it using Blizzard's patch for some reason.

Padraic

macrumors regular
I believe that if you have Frozen Throne installed, that is what you must patch...

From the Blizzard website here...

If you only have Reign of Chaos installed, you will only need to download and run the Reign of Chaos Patch. If you have the Frozen Throne expansion pack installed as well, you will only need the Frozen Throne patch.

I don't have the same problem you two are having on my late 2007 Alu iMac. My suggestion is to create an account on Blizzard.com's website, register your CD key and redownload the game. The downloadable version on their site is fully patched.

Just a thought...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.