PDA

View Full Version : Logic Reinstall - what files should be deleted?

MowingDevil
Dec 10, 2008, 09:22 AM
So I'm doing a migration from one computer to the next; for time sakes I was thinking of just deleting Logic and then reloading everything from the DVDs. Is this the best way to do it? Do I have to deal w/ passwords again?

Once all the Logic programs are gone; if I leave the loops and stuff there will Logic install a 2nd set of the loops or will it know not to and just skip those files? I believe they're in the audio folder -->library. I'd just go and delete them but I wasn't sure if OS X also has some stuff in there like alerts etc. I think i saw some iLife files in there if I'm not mistaken.

REally wish Logic had an uninstall feature on the discs.

Loge
Dec 12, 2008, 03:54 PM
So I'm doing a migration from one computer to the next; for time sakes I was thinking of just deleting Logic and then reloading everything from the DVDs. Is this the best way to do it? Do I have to deal w/ passwords again?

Once all the Logic programs are gone; if I leave the loops and stuff there will Logic install a 2nd set of the loops or will it know not to and just skip those files? I believe they're in the audio folder -->library. I'd just go and delete them but I wasn't sure if OS X also has some stuff in there like alerts etc. I think i saw some iLife files in there if I'm not mistaken.

REally wish Logic had an uninstall feature on the discs.

I just reinstalled everything instead of using migration assistant. But when I have reinstalled Logic before, (you will need the serial number), it didn't create a second set of loops, so I think you should be OK, just doing the full reinstall.

MowingDevil
Dec 20, 2008, 12:31 AM
Ya I was fully expecting a 2nd set of loops as the installation took just as long (or so it seemed) and went through all 7 DVDs. In the end the target mode migration brought everything over perfectly fine so in the future I won't bother reinstalling any software since everything else is working perfectly fine.