Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lordillingworth

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2007
Shropshire, UK
Right then i have the 1.6 80gig original MBA.
I did not use it for a few days and came back to it to find it had been on standby for that time, i pressed the power button but it didn't wake, so i held it down to force a shut down then pressed it again... at which point it came straight on to a greyed out screen for a few seconds and then went back to normal... all was fine.
The next time i tried to use it, it would not turn on, so i assumed the battery was dead and connected the power chord and true enough it came on straight away. I signed in fine and thought all was well...
BUT
It then told me that i was not connected to the internet (at all) and that the time and date on my computer was something like 1st January 2004 and that it might cause erratic behaviour.
I then noticed that the power light was still green and not orange to show it was charging and when i looked on the screen it said 'The Battery is not being charged' To test this out i disconnected the cable and the air went off straight away.
These problems continued happening and made it unusable so i thought i would try a clean installation... now the power light does turn orange, but i cannot turn it on without it being connected and it is still giving me all the network issues, i will get in touch with applecare soon, but i was just wandering if anyone else had had these types of problems or knew of any possible causes.
Thanks,
Lord i

Sayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2002
Austin, TX
Some files were corrupted when you did a hard reset on it. You should have plugged in the power cord before trying to use it after it had set for "a few days."

n0de

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2005
Do a PRAM reset.

1. Turn off MacBook Air.
2. Connect the power adapter and plug it in.
3. On the LEFT side of the keyboard (Yes, the left side only), hold down Shift, Option and Control.
4. Press the power button.
5. Wait 5 seconds, then release all keys.
6. Push power button to turn your MacBook Air back on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.