PDA

View Full Version : Mischief: Soon to be a Demi-God

britboy
Jun 8, 2002, 06:21 AM
Through random acts of violence and coercion, we (the demi-gods) intend to recrtuit furthar members to our cause: the furtherance of Macrumors. Next in the firing line: Mischief.

Mischief, you're a regular poster, a source of inspiration to others, and should be a good example to those who follow (well, two out of three isn't bad ;))

Join the demi-gods, NOW!!!

You have been warned. We shall not let up, till you give in and be join the collective.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 8, 2002, 07:21 AM
join us.

join us

join us

join us

i am a dumb lazy "barely educated" college student and i paid up.

join us

join us

stop buying so many damn pies and

join us

join us

scummo

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 08:23 AM
Resistance is futile...

Join us and we'll make you the chief inforcer of the DGVPG....

jelloshotsrule
Jun 8, 2002, 09:00 AM
he better be a demi when i get back

or else

well, not much i guess

i'm off for real. outtie

britboy
Jun 8, 2002, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
he better be a demi when i get back

or else

well, not much i guess

i'm off for real. outtie

Seeings how its the weekend, he probably wouldn't be able to attain demi-godhood before monday. We shall not let him escape though. :mad:

IndyGopher
Jun 8, 2002, 11:00 AM
Maybe he considers his blatant disregard of all that is Good and Right to be some form of 'Thinking Different'. Totally unacceptable, of course. I will look into gathering the rabid badgers, if someone can give me the address to send them to him. (In a cheery box labeled, "Stay on the bleeding edge") or we could poke him in the eye with a pointy stick... but I prefer the badgers.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by IndyGopher
I will look into gathering the rabid badgers, if someone can give me the address to send them to him. (In a cheery box labeled, "Stay on the bleeding edge") or we could poke him in the eye with a pointy stick... but I prefer the badgers.

Badgers are good, but I'm thinking rabid skunks, for the lingering suffering.....

voicegy
Jun 8, 2002, 12:42 PM
Geesh, Mischief, just buy a mug and be done with it! I did, and now everyone thinks I'm WAY smarter than I am, and it scores points on those lonely nights at the coffee shop when you've stuck yer dollar in the public web access computer, log onto MacRumors, and drag people over to see your name with "Demi-God" next to it.

What else does one need in life?!:)

"Wrong Thinking is Punishable, Right Thinking Will Be as Quickly Rewarded"

(spoken by large headed small framed women dressed in silver drag robes with funny male voices and pulsing veins in foreheads)

AlphaTech
Jun 8, 2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by IndyGopher
but I prefer the badgers.

[Mexican accent]
Badgers??? BADGERS??? We don't need no stinking badgers.... [/Mexican accent] LOL

I fully support the nagging of mischief until he ponies up for the mug... I mean, sheesh dude, it's ONLY $30. Considering a college student could do it, and not go hungry that week (I've been to college so I know who tight money can be at times... books or dinner... dinner or beer... too many decisions :D), you really MUST do it and join the ranks of Demi-Gods.

eyelikeart
Jun 8, 2002, 01:04 PM
I can just picture it...

mischief in front of an eMachine...XP sticking it's tongue out at him and refusing to run...

mischief curses the machine....then hurls a pie into it...he he ha :D :eek: :p

AlphaTech
Jun 8, 2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
I can just picture it...

mischief in front of an eMachine...XP sticking it's tongue out at him and refusing to run...

mischief curses the machine....then hurls a pie into it...he he ha :D :eek: :p

Well, if he is forced onto one with hexpee home edition, that would happen after 30 days if he doesn't tell m$ everything they want to know about him (scary thought from both sides of that exchange).

teabgs
Jun 8, 2002, 01:31 PM
I cant believe ya'll would take someone mac and give them an eMachine.....geez...we're tryin to get him to pay.

I wouldnt wish an emachine on anyone...especially not anyone from this site, mostly ;)

I just say pie him. It'd be great. Mischief wakes up .... BLAM! a pie in the face. Get outta the shower....SPLAT!! Gets to work.....SPLAT, SPLAT, miss,..dang:p

sniggity nooch

MacAztec
Jun 8, 2002, 01:38 PM
I may not post 20 times a day, but I am a frequent poster. Been around here a long long time. I will be a demi-god soon enough....

AlphaTech
Jun 8, 2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by MacAztec
I may not post 20 times a day, but I am a frequent poster. Been around here a long long time. I will be a demi-god soon enough....

Depends on what you consider soon enough... for some, that's not soon enough :D... I went and did it before it was the thing to do. Both eyelikeart and I ordered up our mugs at about the same time, but I think mine arrived a day or two before his (go figure).

I didn't go for the pies (that can be too messy, and I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of his vengence) or the xp computer *shudder*. I would only wish xp (home edition) on my worst enemies, which I am secretly working on replacing their Mac systems with poc's running xp to see if they notice :D. I've found that nagging someone can get the result you want easier, faster, and cheaper (you don't have to purchase all those pies or spend the $$ for the hexpee thingy). Plus, they could ignore you, but the more voices that you have nagging the person, the less chance they can ignore it. :D

eyelikeart
Jun 8, 2002, 01:50 PM
he he he....just be thankful u are younger than most...

I think that's why u get less heat...he he he ;)

britboy
Jun 8, 2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by MacAztec

Well hurry then. We'll be working our way down the list of top posters....

The rest of you skinflints have been warned :D :D

eyelikeart
Jun 8, 2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by britboy

The rest of you skinflints have been warned :D :D

I can't believe u just called them all "skinflints!" :D

Rower_CPU
Jun 8, 2002, 01:59 PM
The main thing is going to be to keep this thread up high enough to make sure he sees it when he comes around. And you know what that means...

Random discussion, or shameless "bump" posts.:D :rolleyes:

britboy
Jun 8, 2002, 02:01 PM

I can't believe u just called them all "skinflints!" :D

Is there a problem? :p

Where is mischief anyway? His ears must be burning up by now!

eyelikeart
Jun 8, 2002, 02:10 PM

Is there a problem? :p

Where is mischief anyway? His ears must be burning up by now!

no problem...it just sounds hella funny!! :D

come on...u should know I laugh at lots of stuff...he he he ;)

btw...mischief likely won't be back till the week starts...he actually gets away from here on weekends... :rolleyes:

britboy
Jun 8, 2002, 02:18 PM

no problem...it just sounds hella funny!! :D

come on...u should know I laugh at lots of stuff...he he he ;)

Well, you're the HGLM :D :rolleyes:

Would 'cheapskates' have been better ;) :p

AlphaTech
Jun 8, 2002, 02:19 PM
btw...mischief likely won't be back till the week starts...he actually gets away from here on weekends... :rolleyes:

How the hell does he manage that??? LOL... Then again, I will probably be spending more time blowing things up while at home, since I got the game system back up and running... :D

click, click, BOOM!!!

Rower_CPU
Jun 8, 2002, 02:20 PM
Well, you're the HGLM :D :rolleyes:

Would 'cheapskates' have been better ;) :p

How about "tightwads"?:D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 02:38 PM
bad timing, then on the attack, if he's not around during the weekend. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll show up tonight...

have to remember that in the future for other individuals on the list....:D

britboy
Jun 8, 2002, 02:46 PM
[edited at the behest of the head of recruitment]

Let's just make sure this thread stays near the top until monday then.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 02:50 PM
We probably shouldn't post this here and move our tactics discussion to the Private forum. Maybe edit your post and start it up again on the other thread

DGVPG

britboy
Jun 8, 2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
We probably shouldn't post this here and move our tactics discussion to the Private forum. Maybe edit your post and start it up again on the other thread

DGVPG

Done.

Backtothemac
Jun 8, 2002, 03:17 PM
mischief. Me and thee ole lady could afford it, and she is a college student, and we have a 4 year old. Dude, pony up. Come joing us. Hey, there will be pics of Cleo !!!!!!

JUST DO IT!!!!

Aztec, your not far off from getting an ultimatum either.

teabgs
Jun 8, 2002, 05:43 PM
You know you want to Mischief......you know you want too

hehehe...I havent even done it yet

tee heee heee :D

I am going to though... I should be a demi-god by monday latest...

Beej
Jun 8, 2002, 06:10 PM
For all of those trying to find incentive to become a Demi-God, keep this in mind:

Being a Mac Rumors Demi-God really pulls the chicks!

Or guys, depending on your preference... either way, you will surely get lucky with the person of your dreams when you become a Demi-God.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Beej

Or guys, depending on your preference... either way, you will surely get lucky with the person of your dreams when you become a Demi-God.

Nice call beej, if I wasn't married I'd out at the bars right now telling all the honeys about how I'm a Demi-God at MacRumors, then invite them all back to look at my laptop....

britboy
Jun 8, 2002, 08:37 PM

Nice call beej, if I wasn't married I'd out at the bars right now telling all the honeys about how I'm a Demi-God at MacRumors, then invite them all back to look at my laptop....

And then go on to explain how with laptops, size doesn't matter.... ;)

szark
Jun 8, 2002, 09:15 PM

Oooooo. Hidden perks! :D

I'll have to remember that one...

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 09:35 PM
And then go on to explain how with laptops, size doesn't matter.... ;)

I've got a TiPB, 15.2" baby.....

hell even a 12" iBook would work;)

resm
Jun 8, 2002, 10:07 PM
and then serve coffee in your brand new Macrumors cup !

the one and only collectors Item for the smart and special ones :D

ponyboy
Jun 8, 2002, 10:12 PM
doing my part to keep this post on top....

and shamelessly add to my post count. I have been around a while just not much to say

Durandal7
Jun 8, 2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by ponyboy
and shamelessly add to my post count. I have been around a while just not much to say

You're not the only one.

I just want to say that AFTER I reach 500 posts AND get a job I will become a demi-god.

ponyboy
Jun 8, 2002, 10:33 PM
I havent even made it out of the newbie class in 7 months how many posts does it take? And who wants to dare me to post in this thread shamelessly until I am?

ponyboy
Jun 8, 2002, 10:35 PM
Its for a good cause right? 30$ from Mischief and maybe even from me... To be continued;)

ponyboy
Jun 8, 2002, 10:36 PM
that wasnt much of a problem I was a member before I knew it whats next?

Durandal7
Jun 8, 2002, 10:39 PM
Next is regular at 100 posts, then at 500 you get an avatar.

Beej
Jun 8, 2002, 10:41 PM
that wasnt much of a problem I was a member before I knew it whats next? Next comes MacRumors Regular.

ponyboy
Jun 8, 2002, 10:46 PM
dont worry all I wont try and post 70 more times in this thread....

Just 68..

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 11:04 PM
keep the thread on topic, this is to get Mischief on board as a Demi-God

he's been a big influence on the site and should help out by support it, since its provided him the resources to get his dreams started and off the ground....

you here that mischief?

Rower_CPU
Jun 9, 2002, 12:07 AM

he's been a big influence on the site and should help out by support it, since its provided him the resources to get his dreams started and off the ground....

you here that mischief?

He's hiding, I think...

We're gonna have to keep this thread alive until Monday probably.

Make sure you have some pies on hand as a backup plan!:D

Durandal7
Jun 9, 2002, 12:14 AM
Guys, I really don't think Mischief is here. Just attack him on Monday.

teabgs
Jun 9, 2002, 12:19 AM

you here that mischief?

Seriously.....good call on that Duke. And possibly because of macrumors $30 will be nothing for him in a few years... :D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 9, 2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
We're gonna have to keep this thread alive until Monday probably.

I don't think that will be a problem. And we'll work on getting the timing right next time...

Durandal7
Jun 9, 2002, 12:36 AM
I'd love to see the look on Mischief's face when he logs in on Monday and finds out that everyone on the boards is pissed off at him.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 9, 2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by asurace
I'd love to see the look on Mischief's face when he logs in on Monday and finds out that everyone on the boards is pissed off at him.

We're not pissed, we're just trying to convince him he should join our ranks, he doesn't have a good excuse as far as I know.

Durandal7
Jun 9, 2002, 12:58 AM

We're not pissed, we're just trying to convince him he should join our ranks, he doesn't have a good excuse as far as I know.

Perhaps "pissed" was a strong word. Make that "ganged up on." I still think it would be funny.

iwantanewmac
Jun 9, 2002, 03:48 AM
What happens if all registered people out therebuy a mug and become a demi-god?
What then?

Beej
Jun 9, 2002, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by iwantanewmac
What then? We can't allow that to happen. Less women will be impressed by our Demi-Godliness :eek:

britboy
Jun 9, 2002, 05:33 AM
What then?

Then Arn absconds with the money, and retires on some caribbean island, singing money, money, money (http://bau2.uibk.ac.at/sg/python/Sounds/money.au) :D

resm
Jun 9, 2002, 05:35 AM

That would be absolutely terrible ! A terrible earth shaking disaster !

Go and do it ! :D

ponyboy
Jun 9, 2002, 05:39 AM
I have a suggestion to keep the topic going lets start a Mischief: Best of.

Post your favorite quotes from Mischief in the past, id start it off but there are some of you out there that know him far better than me so ill need to search out the ones I liked.

Or if not the best of how about posting a quote of the last time you got flamed by mischief.

ponyboy
Jun 9, 2002, 05:47 AM
Hey krossfyter How come you havent signed in on this topic yet? I know youre out there, are you laying low? Afraid youll become the next target?

Mr. Anderson
Jun 9, 2002, 09:16 AM
Hey krossfyter How come you havent signed in on this topic yet? I know youre out there, are you laying low? Afraid youll become the next target?

Shh, he is the next target....

Well, we'll have a nice little legacy for Mischief on Monday, that's for sure....

eyelikeart
Jun 9, 2002, 10:41 AM

Shh, he is the next target....

Well, we'll have a nice little legacy for Mischief on Monday, that's for sure....

now this I am excited for...he he he :D :eek:

Backtothemac
Jun 9, 2002, 10:46 AM
He needs to wake up and realize that there are two types of people in the world. Those with private forum access, and those without.

Tis much better to be with, than without. ;)

eyelikeart
Jun 9, 2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Backtothemac
He needs to wake up and realize that there are two types of people in the world. Those with private forum access, and those without.

if that's the case...

I'm sure he sees it as more those with pies & those without... ;)

teabgs
Jun 9, 2002, 10:55 AM
Maybe he's just scared of the commitment...;)

I heard there's some kind of initian service when you becoma a demi-god with some weird kind of punch...is there any truth to this?

I don't know but it's the word on the grapevine...:D :confused:

britboy
Jun 9, 2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by teabgs

I heard there's some kind of initian service when you becoma a demi-god with some weird kind of punch...is there any truth to this?

I don't know but it's the word on the grapevine...:D :confused:

That's an insider secret. The only way to find out is to join ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 9, 2002, 12:20 PM
And join you shall........

All this is in fun, but it is basically to help support the site, sort of like a PBS membership drive.....but you don' have to call in and no operators are standing by:D

iwantanewmac
Jun 9, 2002, 01:34 PM
mmmmmmmm I'm thinking of joining as well,........
BUT......I'm unhappy with my nickname....
I made that up when I was a bit drunk and well..wanted a new mac....
I'm sober now... :) and I want a new nick....
Isn't that possible? That would be so cool.

teabgs
Jun 9, 2002, 02:07 PM

ddi you see the "have you ever been drunk?" thread?

;)

britboy
Jun 9, 2002, 02:19 PM

If you pm Arn, he might be able to sort that out at the same time as changing your title to demi-god.

eyelikeart
Jun 9, 2002, 02:28 PM

ddi you see the "have you ever been drunk?" thread?

;)

who would dare start a thread on that?! :eek: :cool:

ClassicMac
Jun 9, 2002, 02:54 PM
I say we pie him. Taking away someones G4 and giving then a XP machine is too horrible to think of! :eek:

Mr. Anderson
Jun 9, 2002, 03:00 PM
I'm unhappy with my nickname.... and I want a new nick....

Arn can do it, I even was thinking about changing mine and asked him about it. He said it wouldn't be a problem.

eyelikeart
Jun 9, 2002, 03:46 PM

Arn can do it, I even was thinking about changing mine and asked him about it. He said it wouldn't be a problem.

correct me if I may be wrong...but do we (moderators) not have the ability to change our info? or does arn need to?

Mr. Anderson
Jun 9, 2002, 04:27 PM
I looked into it, but we have access to the fields, but not any way to update them. I tried changing my member status, didn't work...

iwantanewmac
Jun 9, 2002, 04:40 PM
Ever been drunk thread?
maybe that's where I belong :)
let's take a look!

teabgs
Jun 9, 2002, 05:47 PM

who would dare start a thread on that?! :eek: :cool:

Obviously someone who enjoys their vino a little bit too much ;)

eyelikeart
Jun 9, 2002, 05:48 PM
I looked into it, but we have access to the fields, but not any way to update them. I tried changing my member status, didn't work...

ah...ok...damnit! ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 9, 2002, 06:39 PM

there's nothing like a good glass of wine, but lets keep this thread on topic, its best we keep focused on the job at hand. And if he tries to come in here throwing pies, let him. It won't get us off his back unless he's got an ironclad excuse.

Join the select few Mischief, be all you can be, make a difference, aim high....see the world, carpe diem......just do it, make your mom proud!

britboy
Jun 9, 2002, 06:47 PM
Mischief...... MISCHIEF!!!! We know you can see this! :D

You will join us, get iron-branded, and help round up the stragglers :p

teabgs
Jun 9, 2002, 10:45 PM
IN about 10 hours everyone's gotta be all over this thread to keep it on the main page for Mischief to see....

maybe a little longer...what time do you suppose mischief gets online in the mornings PST?

oh yes...JOIN MISCHIEF JOIN

Durandal7
Jun 9, 2002, 10:49 PM
maybe a little longer...what time do you suppose mischief gets online in the mornings PST?

oh yes...JOIN MISCHIEF JOIN

I would say 11 am at the latest.

I'm out of here for tonight. That should leave about 2 regular posters now.

Rower_CPU
Jun 9, 2002, 11:44 PM
This is going to be a fun thread en la mañana...

Mischief has never faced this kind of united front before.:D

teabgs
Jun 10, 2002, 12:20 AM
This is going to be a fun thread en la mañana...

Mischief has never faced this kind of united front before.:D

shhhh......be quiet so he doesnt hear you....

Now everyone line up to get your pies...once you have your pies go hide behind a piece of furniture, or a tree, or a hick (jello hehe..).

When Mischief gets hear we shine lights in his eyes pie him and get him to whip out his checkbook...

:D

eyelikeart
Jun 10, 2002, 12:36 AM

hey...one can never enjoy a good glass of vino too much...

maybe 3 or 4...but that's another story ;)

teabgs
Jun 10, 2002, 12:41 AM

hey...one can never enjoy a good glass of vino too much...

maybe 3 or 4...but that's another story ;)

damn Eye, dont you ever sleep? Its almost 2am and tommorrow is a work day, even for Jello....:rolleyes:

and way to be late on the reply. I bet you were out drinking the vino again huh? Silly drunken winky..;) ;)

eyelikeart
Jun 10, 2002, 12:44 AM
damn Eye, dont you ever sleep? Its almost 2am and tommorrow is a work day, even for Jello....:rolleyes:

and way to be late on the reply. I bet you were out drinking the vino again huh? Silly drunken winky..;) ;)

oh no! not u too?!?! ;)

yeah I know...I was out at another movie tonite...this time "Bad Company"...great movie by the way... :D

I'm starting to wonder when Hollywood is going to stop making $$$ off of terrorism...:rolleyes:

jelloshotsrule
Jun 10, 2002, 12:45 AM
Now everyone line up to get your pies...once you have your pies go hide behind a piece of furniture, or a tree, or a hick (jello hehe..).

ha. i wish i were a hick. then i'd get all excited about a bikin car wash with 13 year old girls.... hmm

teabgs
Jun 10, 2002, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule

ha. i wish i were a hick. then i'd get all excited about a bikin car wash with 13 year old girls.... hmm

now there's a good movie....hehehe...series of movies... Ah, bikini car wash, thank god for TNT's late nigth movies for guys who like movies...

Rower_CPU
Jun 10, 2002, 02:21 AM
Just keeping this thread near the top...

Hey...it's Monday already...prepare yourseves men and women...

...and don't shoot until you see the whites of his eyes!:D

britboy
Jun 10, 2002, 04:12 AM

Ah, bikini car wash, thank god for TNT's late nigth movies for guys who like movies...

"who like...." you sure the right word is "movies"? ;)

Now where is mischief? I'm wide awake, and waiting to seriously taunt someone!

Beej
Jun 10, 2002, 04:26 AM
Now where is mischief? I'm wide awake, and waiting to seriously taunt someone! I bet he rocks up just as I go to bed :(

In advance...

Damn you, mischief!!!

britboy
Jun 10, 2002, 04:27 AM
I bet he rocks up just as I go to bed :(

That must suck a bit for you at times, what with being on the wrong side of the world and all.

:rolleyes: :p

Beej
Jun 10, 2002, 04:30 AM
That must suck a bit for you at times, what with being on the wrong side of the world and all.
Wrong side of the world... walking on my head... trying hard not to fall off the planet... yep :)

ponyboy
Jun 10, 2002, 05:00 AM
It might take longer than we think, remember he has weekends worth of posts to sift through before making his appearance, and no doubt he;ll come in loaded

Beej
Jun 10, 2002, 05:02 AM
It might take longer than we think, remember he has weekends worth of posts to sift through before making his appearance, and no doubt he;ll come in loaded He will notice this thread, it has his name in it

ponyboy
Jun 10, 2002, 05:10 AM
Oh he'll notice it alright, I just mean he will read it all before responding, and it is quite long, he never seems to enter a thread without full ammo

britboy
Jun 10, 2002, 05:12 AM
Oh he'll notice it alright, I just mean he will read it all before responding, and it is quite long, he never seems to enter a thread without full ammo

And in the face of all that ammo, we'll use second world war russian tactics. We cannot be defeated!

ponyboy
Jun 10, 2002, 07:16 AM
this thread is on the verge of fading away. Where is Mischief!

Mr. Anderson
Jun 10, 2002, 07:33 AM
relax ponyboy, he'll get here and see the thread, or we'll make him see it. he won't get away without acknowledging it

teabgs
Jun 10, 2002, 07:33 AM
GUys, we have a few hours till he gets here. He lives in CA...I'm in NY, I just got up to get ready for the day and it's only 8:40am....

If he's up now it'll be 5:40am, and I doubt that's likely...

We just gotta make sure its near the top for the next few hours, he'll definately see it then....

eyelikeart
Jun 10, 2002, 08:16 AM

Now where is mischief? I'm wide awake, and waiting to seriously taunt someone!

he's on westcoast time....so he's one of the many who are just really into their days when I'm having lunch...he he he :D

relax...he will come...;)

britboy
Jun 10, 2002, 08:23 AM

relax...he will come...;)

heh heh.... didn't get a little over-enthusiastic did i? :rolleyes:

Oh well, he's still going to pay :D

eyelikeart
Jun 10, 2002, 08:28 AM

heh heh.... didn't get a little over-enthusiastic did i? :rolleyes:

Oh well, he's still going to pay :D

it's ok britboy...now here's a napkin...please wipe the drool from your chin... :eek: ;)

britboy
Jun 10, 2002, 08:34 AM

it's ok britboy...now here's a napkin...please wipe the drool from your chin... :eek: ;)

Perhaps a bib would be more appropriate... :p

eyelikeart
Jun 10, 2002, 08:36 AM

Perhaps a bib would be more appropriate... :p

screw that....just go take a bath would ya?!

u are getting it all over the place...

and try not to spit when u talk... :eek: ;)

Backtothemac
Jun 10, 2002, 08:55 AM
mischief, we know that you are out there lurking. Come to us. Join us, resistence is futile. You will be assimilated.

AKA.

Pay up you cheepskate!;)

eyelikeart
Jun 10, 2002, 10:34 AM
btw...I stuck the thread so it stays on top... ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 10, 2002, 10:43 AM
good call on that, but we shouldn't over do it. we start taking too much control over the forums we might wake the Gods....

once Mischief sees this and comments, let it go back to its original setting.

mischief
Jun 10, 2002, 10:53 AM
Step out for a weekend of frustration, sunburns and drunkeness and you burn the castle down cuz I won't come out of the room I'm not in. Funny stuff.

A few questions:

- WTF is the VPG in DGVPG?

-Why didn't anyone quote my witty self as someone was cool enough to suggest? (choke, sniff)

- Are you actually suggesting that Peer-pressure is a worthy stimulus for changing behaviour?

- Which one of you would like to explain to my boss (who owns the G4 BTW) why I can't draft on an e-machine?

- Would ANY of you be silly enough to engage moi in a pie fight?? (huge evil grin):D

- How soon does my ststus change after I purchase, oh Moderator Dukestreet?

(and of course) Why would a GOD want to become a demi-god? ( Okay, now I'm just jerking your collective chains.....:D )

Mr. Anderson
Jun 10, 2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by mischief
Step out for a weekend of frustration, sunburns and drunkeness and you burn the castle down cuz I won't come out of the room I'm not in. Funny stuff.

A few questions:

- Are you actually suggesting that Peer-pressure is a worthy stimulus for changing behaviour?

- How soon does my ststus change after I purchase, oh Moderator Dukestreet?

I'll take on a few of these.

VPG? well you need to be a demi-god to find out, that's the way it works, sorry.

peer pressure is a good start, but your own sense of what is right should take over....

it takes a day or two if you let it take its own course. But if you email arn with confirmation, it happens as soon as he can make the change.

So you going to join the ranks?

mischief
Jun 10, 2002, 11:02 AM
There's not enough room on the old plastic currently......

After my next paycheque there should be some room though. Honestly, getting all over me about this before the 15th ............. eesh, at least I can budget it in now that I'm aware of how earth-shatteringly imporant it is to you all.:rolleyes: :D ;)

Backtothemac
Jun 10, 2002, 11:04 AM
mischief. Good to see you back from the weekend. Now, this is not about peer pressue, but moral responsibilty right :D

now, that being said, it took less than 30 minutes for me to get my status changed. And you know what, since that fatefull day, I have slept better, ate better, and life has been far kinder to me :)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 10, 2002, 11:05 AM
ok, a temporary ceasefire will be in order until just after the 15th. it really will be good to have you on board - its worth it....:D

eyelikeart
Jun 10, 2002, 11:06 AM
ok...he's out & about... :D

answers to your questions:

1) it's secret...if u could read the private forums, then u would know...

2) no quote because I don't know...I didn't start the thread...talk to duke or someone else...

3) if the peer pressure doesn't work, we'll just pie u to death... :eek:

4) hey, no one to blame but yourself on getting an eMachine...he he he...

5) I'd be willing to organize a pie-ambush...couldn't let u know it was coming...come on now... ;)

6) your status changes as soon as arn gets the chance to verify the purchase & change it himself...

7) I don't know man...I don't even work here!

Backtothemac
Jun 10, 2002, 11:07 AM
Peace until the 15th.

Don't make us bring out the fully automatic 105 MM rapid fire pie system on the 16th mischief.

Rower_CPU
Jun 10, 2002, 11:08 AM

- Would ANY of you be silly enough to engage moi in a pie fight?? (huge evil grin):D

I seem to recall that the last time you and I met up we fought to a draw...
http://www.macrumors.com/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=4874&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

:D :p

britboy
Jun 10, 2002, 11:15 AM
Awwww. He almost gave in too easily.

One of us alone wouldn't have a chance in a pie-fight with mischief, but together.... together we are greater than the sum of our parts :p

Don't forget, by the 16th, or that emachine..... :D

mischief
Jun 10, 2002, 11:15 AM
It'll have to be until about the 18th so my Visa payment has time to clear.

-Rower:

Don't make me beat you with an interestingly bespeckled Hawaiian triggerfish!!

As I recall, the name of that particular fish translates roughly to:

" Tasty reef fish that's great cuz they're ****ing EVERYWHERE and breed like rabbits.":D

eyelikeart
Jun 10, 2002, 11:18 AM
" Tasty reef fish that's great cuz they're ****ing EVERYWHERE and breed like rabbits.":D

um...sounds good....I think I'll have that... ;)

Backtothemac
Jun 10, 2002, 11:19 AM

-Rower:

Numbers, mischief, numbers. Us demi-gods are united in a cause. We need you. We can wait till the 18th, but just go borrow the money, and wire it to Arn. Send him a money order. Just do it.

Beware of pie fights. You will not be able to handle the barrage.

Rower_CPU
Jun 10, 2002, 11:30 AM

-Rower:

Close but no ceegar, mi amigo.

It actually translates to "Mischief should stop making excuses and pay up already"*.:eek:

I've specifically trained my triggerfish to shoot a chemically altered whipped cream mixture that bonds with the skin on contact...nasty stuff...I suggest you avoid their wrath.:p

*For anyone wondering, the name actually means "Fish with a pig-like nose"...although in this context that still seems like a joke.:D

AlphaTech
Jun 10, 2002, 12:21 PM

Close but no ceegar, mi amigo.

It actually translates to "Mischief should stop making excuses and pay up already"*.:eek:

I've specifically trained my triggerfish to shoot a chemically altered whipped cream mixture that bonds with the skin on contact...nasty stuff...I suggest you avoid their wrath.:p

I don't think I want to know where that fish shoots it's stuff from :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

I think that Mischief is just trying to buy some time... I don't buy that he can't put a paltry ~$30 onto the card...

Mr. Anderson
Jun 10, 2002, 12:26 PM
We should be fair and understanding in this case, he will be joining us and that's good enough, for now. If he wants to wait until he's paid, that's fine too. I'm sure he's going to have to tell his wife what he spent the dog food money on, but it is for a good cause......

AlphaTech
Jun 10, 2002, 12:29 PM
We should be fair and understanding in this case, he will be joining us and that's good enough, for now. If he wants to wait until he's paid, that's fine too. I'm sure he's going to have to tell his wife what he spent the dog food money on, but it is for a good cause......

We need him to join the ranks more then the dog needs food. They can always feed the dog table scraps for a few weeks, or other small furry animals that wander into the yard :D...

Hell, I'm looking at the frosted and SST mugs now... I just want to see what else comes up this month before I do. I might be getting a new fishing rig, so that I can go with my niece and nefew and teach them how to fish. Then again, the MR stuff might take priority... :D I need to feed the addictions... Soo many things, so little time... :D

BTW, I voted for option #4 on the poll... I wouldn't wish hexpee on anyone except my worst enemies... :D

eyelikeart
Jun 10, 2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech
BTW, I voted for option #4 on the poll... I wouldn't wish hexpee on anyone except my worst enemies... :D

I personally thought the idea of him drafting on an eMachine was quite amusing myself... :D

does that make me heartless??

AlphaTech
Jun 10, 2002, 12:44 PM

I personally thought the idea of him drafting on an eMachine was quite amusing myself... :D

does that make me heartless??

Yeppers... you cruel, evil moderator you... LMAO :D

Serves him right though.. all those posts, and no mug. :rolleyes:

Durandal7
Jun 10, 2002, 01:05 PM

A few questions:

I've figured it out! It must mean Demi Gods Versues Pagan Goats. That's the only thing that makes sense.

britboy
Jun 10, 2002, 01:14 PM

I've figured it out! It must mean Demi Gods Versues Pagan Goats. That's the only thing that makes sense.

Not even close. Na ne na ne na na.... :rolleyes: :D

britboy
Jun 10, 2002, 01:23 PM
What i'm asking myself now though, is which kind sould voted to ban mischief??? :D :D

AlphaTech
Jun 10, 2002, 01:25 PM
What i'm asking myself now though, is which kind sould voted to ban mischief??? :D :D

[Church Lady]Could that be...... SATAN?!?!?!?!?![/Church Lady]

It was probably you..... :p :D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 10, 2002, 01:26 PM
he probably picked it himself to use later as a reason to make us back down if his first plan of stringing us along till the 18th didn't work....

britboy
Jun 10, 2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech

It was probably you..... :p :D

Nope. I was one of the twelve heartless b*stards who voted to strip him of his G4 in favour of an e-machine ;)

Backtothemac
Jun 10, 2002, 02:00 PM

Wiff, just plain and simple wiff. Join us, and become one of the beautiful people. :D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 10, 2002, 02:06 PM

that's the best you could do?

and I didn't know goats could be pagan....

mischief
Jun 10, 2002, 02:06 PM
Go ahead and check boys.

Tell you what. Since none of you have anything better to do than give me **** for being broke I'll overcharge by $25.00 and shut you all up.:p

Back in a minute.

Oh, BTW: I don't have enough room in the little 350 Sq. Ft. Apartment for a dog. We do have 3 cats and 4 foster-kittens though so you weren't so far off.

britboy
Jun 10, 2002, 02:24 PM

that's the best you could do?

and I didn't know goats could be pagan....

Well, owning a goat used to be a symbol of witchhood. In that sense....

mischief
Jun 10, 2002, 02:27 PM
So if you could talk to Arn an' shaddap already?:p ;) :rolleyes:

Backtothemac
Jun 10, 2002, 02:30 PM
So if you could talk to Arn an' shaddap already?:p ;) :rolleyes:

Wait mischief, did you pay up? Are now a demi-god in waiting?

mischief
Jun 10, 2002, 02:33 PM
I spent the $$$ I more than didn't have to appease the will of the populus, though you guys owe me some AWFUL drunken anecdotes for this......

britboy
Jun 10, 2002, 02:36 PM
I spent the $$$ I more than didn't have to appease the will of the populus, though you guys owe me some AWFUL drunken anecdotes for this......

and there you were, trying to argue that peer preassure is innefectual.... :rolleyes:

Well done! In a few short moments you will discover the true, sinister meaning of the DGVPG :)

eyelikeart
Jun 10, 2002, 02:38 PM
he he he....Oh Hell Yeah!!!! :D

so he's a Demi-God in waiting...

ok guys....u ready for our next mission? ;)

mischief
Jun 10, 2002, 02:41 PM
This is like any other Geek-Gathering. I see this as being akin to getting stuck with buying the Pizza for a Gaming night. Since the last time THAT issue came up I was already $30.00 over on the plastic (from registering the .net for the Game Duke mentioned) I have a Guilt button to press about it..............:(

So although none of you knew the Guilt trip being used, you used it anyway.

AlphaTech
Jun 10, 2002, 02:41 PM

Well, you won't get any anecdotes out of me since when I get blitzed, I just go to sleep. I don't do anything stupid, or that I will regret in the morning.

Backtothemac
Jun 10, 2002, 02:43 PM
he he he....Oh Hell Yeah!!!! :D

so he's a Demi-God in waiting...

ok guys....u ready for our next mission? ;)

I am ready. Lets get a thread going in the private forums.

Here it is.
http://www.macrumors.com/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=6234

Mr. Anderson
Jun 10, 2002, 03:15 PM
142 posts later our job is done, good work all....