Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Hey guys,

So, I purchased something today using my Apple ID on iTunes, and well everything was fine,
until tonight when I went to download a free app, and got told:

'The Apple ID you entered couldn't be found or your password was incorrect. Please try again.'

I did .. again, and again, and again for about half an hour now. In that half an hour, I also tried:

- Disconnecting from Wi-Fi
- Resetting my password through iForgot (multiple times)
- Signing Out
- Rebooting the system

The strange thing is, I can still access account details and my account at myinfo.apple.com with my old username and password.
This is baffling me. Is it their problem? Is anyone else having iTunes login problems currently?

R-Fly

BlackMax

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2007
North Carolina
Yes, my wife has had an issue with her iTunes account for past several weeks and Apple has not been able to resolve it yet.

It started about three weeks ago with her being able to login, but unable to purchase songs. Something about her account being disabled. But when we logged in with her account and looked at her account information everything was correct including her credit card information.

We wrote an email to AppleCare for the issue (as was suggested in the error message she received) and the response back was that Apple could not find an iTunes account that matched the information we gave them.

What's interesting is the information we gave them came directly off her account information page on iTune. Now this week she cannot even log into iTunes and she receives the same message as you:

'The Apple ID you entered couldn't be found or your password was incorrect. Please try again.'

This has to be an issue with the iTunes store somehow. I wouldn't be surprised if more people report the same issue. If we can't get it figured out with Apple over the next week I guess she will just have to create a new iTunes account. :(

tryppy

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2007
sign me up on that list.. :\

Tried resetting and everything. Told me I could log in but it won't let me. At least I know I'm not alone lol

tryppy

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2007
Though I just tried downloading a program on my phone to see it that would work, and it did. It's the first time today it asked me for my login/password. I think what may have brought this on for myself is that I did a recent format last week and had yet updates my stock iTunes to the newest version. After I had updated that I plugged my phone in and it said that my phone is sync'd with another library & another account. I understand the Library aspect as I had recently formatted but another account? It asked if I wanted to replace or merge and a little freaked out I chose cancel.

Now I can't log in to my iTunes Store on my computer but have no trouble downloading on the phone. I also can't get iTunes to ask me if I wanted to replace or merge again.

I'm more than a little confused lol. Time Machine won't really help me here :p

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
[Official Update] - Temporary problem with iTunes accounts (10th Dec 23.53pm GMT)

Hi Arron,

After some further investigation, it appears that this issue is being caused by a temporary issue that should be resolved shortly. Please try again later. Everything should be working well then.

I have issued a song credit to your account "INSERT HERE". You can use the credit to buy a song of your choice from the iTunes Store.

When you are able to sign in to the iTunes Store, the song credit will be waiting for you next to your account name in the upper-right corner of the iTunes window. The next time you buy an individual song from the iTunes Store, your song credit will be used to pay for the purchase. Please note that song credits are not able to be used for purchasing songs that are listed as Album Only.

Arron, thank you again for your continued patience. Apple truly appreciates you business.

Season's Greetings,

Kev
iTunes Store Customer Support
http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww/

R-Fly

AtariAge

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2006
I'm not sure if this is related, but I'm seeing this now when trying to authorize a copy of "The Dark Knight" that I copied to another one of my computers (it came from the "Digital Copy" DVD that came with the Blu-Ray copy I bought yesterday). I was able to authorize it fine on my main computer, but for whatever reason I get the "The Apple ID you entered couldn't be found blah blah blah" error on my MacBook. Very annoying.

..Al

waffle911

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2007
⇧⌥K = 
Yeah, I tried authorizing a music video I purchased a few years ago with an old account, only to have it say that it doesn't exist... despite the fact that the video is tagged as having been bought with that account. But my current account and my brother's account are having no problems when trying to do the same thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.