Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
I don't recall if I saw this talked about here or elsewhere, but this app made it very easy to log on to the AT&T WiFi service at Starbucks. All I had to do was connect to attwifi in the store and then open this app (after putting in my mobile number). It automatically signed me on. Woot.

The Starbucks portion of the iTunes Music Store wasn't working, but I didn't even know that was on there before. May have been an unrelated glitch.

Has anybody else tried this at Starbucks or elsewhere? Makes me wonder why AT&T couldn't have made this app instead of some company or guy with extra time on his hands.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I'm not giving my phone number to a random unknown developer. I get enough spam calls as it is.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
I'm not giving my phone number to a random unknown developer. I get enough spam calls as it is.

Easy wifi isn't by a random unknown developer. It's by a company called Devicescape and I've been using their app for a while now, previously on my Nokia N95. It allows you to log into known wifi zones without the hassle of actually having to log in (you pre-configure your known ones) and each time you enter one of the zones you get logged in. It was better on the N95 as it ran as a small background app and so automatically detected when you were in one of your zones, without having to launch the app, as you do on the iPhone. However, launching an app is a lot easier than having to remember and type login details.

I use it at Starbucks and a lot of other wifi zones and it works well.

speedracer3000

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2008
I use the paid version of Easy WiFi and it's great. I have AT&T WiFi Premier which allows me to roam on partner networks throughout the world when I travel. I am currently in Asia and it's great to be able to get connected to the ubiquitous wifi hotpots here automatically without the hassle to logging in from safari.
Their support is failry responsive as well when I had some issue with roaming.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I use the paid version of Easy WiFi and it's great. I have AT&T WiFi Premier which allows me to roam on partner networks throughout the world when I travel. I am currently in Asia and it's great to be able to get connected to the ubiquitous wifi hotpots here automatically without the hassle to logging in from safari.
Their support is failry responsive as well when I had some issue with roaming.

I have a data card with WiFi, but they won't give me the log in to in on a Mac; all they have to say is that it's Windows only :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.