Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2006
I'm using SSD version and since there is no moving part in it, does the pulse still matter? or can i grab the air as soon as i close the lid?

Malcster

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2005
Bristol, UK
OS X doesn't finish writing to the SSD until the light starts pulsing, but as you say moving the laptop before this with an SSD is probably fine.

Something to be wary of though is that removing devices (e.g. USB) during this period can mean it doesn't sleep properly, or wakes which you might not notice if you've run off with it.

To be safe waiting the 3 or 4 seconds until its done isn't much of a hassle tho really is it? ;)

aleni

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2006
OS X doesn't finish writing to the SSD until the light starts pulsing, but as you say moving the laptop before this with an SSD is probably fine.

Something to be wary of though is that removing devices (e.g. USB) during this period can mean it doesn't sleep properly, or wakes which you might not notice if you've run off with it.

To be safe waiting the 3 or 4 seconds until its done isn't much of a hassle tho really is it? ;)

i never pull of the usb devices when the computer is asleep.

thanks for the quick answer!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.