PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch sound broken - what can i do? Need help please.

equalsabracket
Dec 11, 2008, 06:10 PM
My iPod Touch (1st gen)'s sound is broken. The 1st gen doesn't have speakers so i'm talking about the earphone sound here. When you plug earphones in, it keeps switching between playing in the left ear, playing in the right ear and playing in both at the same time which is incredibly annoying. I don't think you can understand how annoying it is until you try it out (i showed my family and they agreed). You can fiddle about with it to get it to work in both ears but then in order to stop it from changing twice a second you have to keep it very still which usually involves holding it by the sides of it outside my pocket for an hour and a half on the bus each day. I've tried it with several pairs of earphones and it happens with all of them and they work with my laptop and my brothers ipod fine so it's a problem with the ipod itself.

So, my parents bought me it just over a year ago for christmas so it's just out of warrantee. I'm wondering what i can do in terms of getting it fixed/replaced?

Stories of past customer services or similar problems are also welcome.

Thanks guys.

macbooker15
Dec 11, 2008, 08:34 PM
My iPod Touch (1st gen)'s sound is broken. The 1st gen doesn't have speakers so i'm talking about the earphone sound here. When you plug earphones in, it keeps switching between playing in the left ear, playing in the right ear and playing in both at the same time which is incredibly annoying. I don't think you can understand how annoying it is until you try it out (i showed my family and they agreed). You can fiddle about with it to get it to work in both ears but then in order to stop it from changing twice a second you have to keep it very still which usually involves holding it by the sides of it outside my pocket for an hour and a half on the bus each day. I've tried it with several pairs of earphones and it happens with all of them and they work with my laptop and my brothers ipod fine so it's a problem with the ipod itself.

So, my parents bought me it just over a year ago for christmas so it's just out of warrantee. I'm wondering what i can do in terms of getting it fixed/replaced?

Stories of past customer services or similar problems are also welcome.

Thanks guys.

If you book an appointment with the genius bar, and bring along some headphones so they can listen for themselves, and tell them that its hard to deal with, they may actually bring it in for repair or replacement...don't get y0ur hopes up though.

equalsabracket
Dec 12, 2008, 05:07 AM
If you book an appointment with the genius bar, and bring along some headphones so they can listen for themselves, and tell them that its hard to deal with, they may actually bring it in for repair or replacement...don't get y0ur hopes up though.

I don't live near to an apple store. The nearest one is hundreds of miles away.