PDA

View Full Version : Question about using multiple machines for development

HawaiiMacAddict
Dec 12, 2008, 12:03 AM
Aloha everyone,

I was wondering how easy it is to use more than one computer to develop for the iPhone, under the same paid developer account. For example, I have an iMac and a MacBook Pro. Once I get one machine set up for iPhone development (paid developer, certificates, etc...), can I then just copy everything from Keychain on one machine to the other? Or would I be limited to using only one computer for development?

Please excuse the basic nature of this question - I am a novice programmer and have barely scratched the surface of iPhone development.

HawaiiMacAddict

ChrisRyland
Dec 12, 2008, 05:49 AM
That's exactly what I do with a MacBook Air and a 24" aluminum iMac.

Works fine.

HawaiiMacAddict
Dec 12, 2008, 11:12 AM
Aloha ChrisRyland,

Thanks for your reply. I've written one app, but can't see it work on my iPhone (only on the simulator). I'm still debating the paid developer option, but I don't really have enough time to devote to iPhone development to warrant it (plus the added expense of setting up a company, getting a website hosted, etc...). The more I get into writing apps the more I like it, however :D. I need to get a lot better before I take the plunge, but it's nice to know that I can develop on either one of my (eligible) Macs.

:apple:HawaiiMacAddict