PDA

View Full Version : Strange mp3 behavior on touch?

iwannamac
Dec 12, 2008, 08:43 AM
Has anyone ever had any strange behavior from certain mp3 files on their touch? One particular album I have, whenever I play these songs, sometimes they skip all randomly around the song, and sometimes they just quit playing altogether and skip to the next song in the playlist. It's never the same pattern, i.e. it happens at random points in the song.

Moocher
Dec 12, 2008, 09:44 AM
My only suggestion is to re-rip the files. That presumes, of course that you have the CD. I have had this problem once in awhile and suspect it was because I was doing too much on the computer while it was ripping the songs. Also, go to iTunes prefs on your computer, import settings, and check the box for Use Error Correction.

Mooch

MACoconut
Dec 12, 2008, 09:44 AM
some of my mp3 music does that.

try playing that certain song on itunes/other ipods; see whether it manages to play successfully.

probably the mp3 file is corrupted or something has just gone wrong.

if above does not work; try a restore :)

iParis
Dec 12, 2008, 09:47 AM
Some people have been having problems with this, especially on the 32GB.
I suggest checking if it's a song problem by seeing if the song plays on you computer.
You can also check to see if it's specifically a problem with your iPod by using someone else's iPod touch.
A restore may also solve it.

iwannamac
Dec 12, 2008, 01:29 PM
Yeah, I should mention that they play fine in Windows Media Player. Who knows. I'll re-rip.