Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
Wow...I guess it's nice to see them being more leniant but....

Tosser

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2008
What can I say?

Tap a character's finger, and it plays a unique sound. Some people say this is no big whoopee, but we think it's a work o fart.

···

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
There is a God!!! I think the implications of this game coming to the app store are huge. This is nothing short of revolutionary. Who cares if it is a fart machine. This means the snobs in Cupertino are losening up a bit and this may signify more changes.

Tosser

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2008
There is a God!!! I think the implications of this game coming to the app store are huge. This is nothing short of revolutionary. Who cares if it is a fart machine. This means the snobs in Cupertino are losening up a bit and this may signify more changes.

Or that this time it slipped through …

Or that it truly is more of an hit'n'miss affair than most think …

Or, tying in to the above, that it's a roll of the dice - literally …

Or, that the left hand have no clue what the right hand does …

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007

Well, I guess we'll see. If you're right, we should be seeing it pulled from the app store in the next day or so. But, by the language they use for the app's description, it looks like they begged and pleaded and finally Apple gave into their wishes (and actively allowed it to go through).

Heck, we should see if these guys will develop and push for an MMS app. :D

TheBearman

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2008
Cary, NC

Doesn't look like it as there is a flood of 'fart' based apps.

http://appshopper.com/link/fart-machine-extreme-sound-effects

http://appshopper.com/link/ifart-mobile

Ok, so maybe 3 isn't a flood but it seems clear that they have changed their rules.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I'll pay a buck for a fart app (my nephew will love it) but 3 bucks stinks. :p

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Doesn't look like it as there is a flood of 'fart' based apps.

http://appshopper.com/link/fart-machine-extreme-sound-effects

http://appshopper.com/link/ifart-mobile

Ok, so maybe 3 isn't a flood but it seems clear that they have changed their rules.

Duh, you forgot one:

http://appshopper.com/entertainment/ipooted

How could you have missed "iPooted"?

I expect at least 5 more fart apps by sunrise. Now my iPhone is complete. I have now totally forgot about cut and paste and MMS.

Seriously, I don't know if I should be furious that goddarn fart apps made it to the iPhone before c/p and MMS or if I should just laugh (or even cry).

Tosser

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2008
Well, I guess we'll see. If you're right, we should be seeing it pulled from the app store in the next day or so. But, by the language they use for the app's description, it looks like they begged and pleaded and finally Apple gave into their wishes (and actively allowed it to go through).

Yeah, I guess you're right.

Heck, we should see if these guys will develop and push for an MMS app. :D
Haha, yeah, that would be ironic. I mean, if an app like that were to become the first mms-app. :eek:

Duh, you forgot one:

http://appshopper.com/entertainment/ipooted

How could you have missed "iPooted"?

I expect at least 5 more fart apps by sunrise. Now my iPhone is complete. I have now totally forgot about cut and paste and MMS.

Seriously, I don't know if I should be furious that goddarn fart apps made it to the iPhone before c/p and MMS or if I should just laugh (or even cry).

Yes, that is a big part of why I never bought into the iPhone-scene.

Cyclotrode

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Virginia

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
The fact that you guys are even supporting such a usless app is beyond me. Pull my finger has absolute no App Value and in fact it is listed is in the top 10 worst advertised app.

Just see the bunch of mis information the dev's have put up for a quick buck.

Devs. If you'd make something useful, you'd get a lot of support. but this is plain wrong. I bet most of the posts in this forum supporting your app are from you. Good marketing though! I'd hire you to market my useless app one day.

-- excerpt below
he one, the only, the original Pull My Finger.

Featured in the LA Times, Miami Herald, MacLife's Top 10 Apple Influencers of 2008, Wired Magazine, The Guardian UK, CNET.com, and many others. (Thanks MacRumors, Ars Technica, and all the great Mac sites and fans who believed in our grand cause!)

Hundreds of thousands of people viewed the demo. Thousands cried out for its availability in the app store. Petitions were formed. Candles were lit. And now, in Apple's Infinite Graciousness, they have allowed it to be available to you!

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
The fact that you guys are even supporting such a usless app is beyond me. Pull my finger has absolute no App Value and in fact it is listed is in the top 10 worst advertised app.

Devs. If you'd make something useful, you'd get a lot of support. but this is plain wrong. I bet most of the posts in this forum supporting your app are from you. Good marketing though! I'd hire you to market my useless app one day.

-- excerpt below

Featured in the LA Times, Miami Herald, MacLife's Top 10 Apple Influencers of 2008, Wired Magazine, The Guardian UK, CNET.com, and many others. (Thanks MacRumors, Ars Technica, and all the great Mac sites and fans who believed in our grand cause!)

Hundreds of thousands of people viewed the demo. Thousands cried out for its availability in the app store. Petitions were formed. Candles were lit. And now, in Apple's Infinite Graciousness, they have allowed it to be available to you!

You obviously don't appreciate the cultural value and revolutionary thinking that is being currently nourished within the app store. For example, just as every wise man has ever done, don't you ever wonder how much money you are earning while you sit on the toilet at work? ;)

http://appshopper.com/entertainment/poo-price

gadgetdad

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
On my iPhone

-- excerpt below

Don't be a farter hater.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Best 99 cents I've ever spent :D

The sounds are realistic enough that my mom thought I actually farted when I was playing around with the app :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.