Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrSugar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 28, 2003
I was curious as to how address book works if you have a bluetooth phone. For example when you add a number into your address book does it sync with your phone so you can call that number?

Or, is there a serpate address book area of the phone that is different from the phonebook you use for quick dialing? So do you have a section of contacts and then your phonebook on top of that?

hope this makes sense, any info is great thanks :).

abhishekit

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
akron , ohio
To sync addressbook with your phone, just open isync. It will show your phone. Select it and press sync. It would ask if you want to sync addressbook or ical or both. You can choose as you want.
And as per syncing only the fast dial numbers. I dont think thats possible. It syncs the whole address book.
Cheers

MrSugar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 28, 2003
Originally posted by abhishekit
To sync addressbook with your phone, just open isync. It will show your phone. Select it and press sync. It would ask if you want to sync addressbook or ical or both. You can choose as you want.
And as per syncing only the fast dial numbers. I dont think thats possible. It syncs the whole address book.
Cheers

cool thanks :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.