Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
So i got a trial of mobile me to check and see if i could host my site there cus i hate my webhost but i can't seem to find anyway to type and address that will display it. Does anyone know how or know if its even possible on this free trial?:confused:

dylanbrown

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2008
London
Yes, this can be done on a trial account (Which I am on now!) and I have my website hosted with MobileMe.

You can set up your own personal domain, or use a MobileMe domain name (web.me.com/username/site/page). Setting up your personal domain doesn't cost anything, all you need to do is pay for the domain name.

TIP: use GoDaddy.com to purchase your domain name, and use promo-code GB1 to save money at check-out!

To set up a personal domain with your MobileMe account, see this support document.

To publish to your MobileMe account open iWeb, create your website and click Publish!

If you don't have iWeb, or are using a PC see this support document for manually making a website that is hosted on MobileMe

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.