PDA

View Full Version : Out Front A Night Ago..

Melrose
Dec 13, 2008, 06:22 PM
Just thought I'd post this as it came out a bit moodier than I anticipated. Cheap camera though...

This was snapped right on my front porch, looking across the street. Now y'all know where I live. Egads! :eek:

Deomitrus
Dec 14, 2008, 12:26 PM
Nice, has a smooth surreal feel to it!

Surely
Dec 14, 2008, 12:29 PM
Great orange color. I guess cheap cameras can take nice shots too.

I certainly do not miss seeing that when I look outside.....

esco
Dec 14, 2008, 12:34 PM
I miss snow :(

Oh well, I'll be going back to Cleveland after my finals are over. Maybe I'll have a snow ball fight w/ myself.

JG271
Dec 14, 2008, 12:38 PM
Maybe this should be a "post the view outside your front door" thread? That could be interesting...

Melrose
Dec 14, 2008, 01:44 PM
^^ I know we've had similar threads before, but couldn't turn one up that was fitting. I just thought the pic was a bit too moody to not post..

It would be cool if we could start posting the "Front Porch View" maybe..

JG271
Dec 15, 2008, 12:13 PM
^^ I know we've had similar threads before, but couldn't turn one up that was fitting. I just thought the pic was a bit too moody to not post..

It would be cool if we could start posting the "Front Porch View" maybe..

Yeah, its a nice pic, especially the yellow sky. Its a great time of year for views and photos in the colder parts of the world!

If it was a front porch view thread I don't know how many people would be willing to surrender their privacy though :p, and they'd probably be a lot of similar pictures.

Abstract
Dec 15, 2008, 12:36 PM
That light has a really messed up colour.

macworkerbee
Dec 15, 2008, 12:44 PM
That's an interesting photo. I always enjoy finding those rare moments where the light and air are interacting in a strange way. I have some similar shots at home, I might post them later tonight.

Melrose
Dec 15, 2008, 01:57 PM
That light has a really messed up colour.

That's the whole point. Red sky, green fluorescent street lamp.. perfect. :)

BoyBach
Dec 15, 2008, 01:58 PM
Now y'all know where I live. Egads! :eek:

You live in Narnia!? :eek:

Abstract
Dec 15, 2008, 02:38 PM
That's the whole point. Red sky, green fluorescent street lamp.. perfect. :)

Well I know that, but I've never seen a green streetlight before.

Streetlights are really good for photos. They give a spotlight effect, and if you're lucky, something underneath the light may be very well lit, and in an interesting way.

Melrose
Dec 15, 2008, 04:54 PM
I agree - street lamps always lend an eerie, spy-who-came-in-from-the-cold type of feel. They can be very suggestive like that..

99MustangGTman
Dec 15, 2008, 06:08 PM
good pic if there was no power lines

Xavier
Dec 16, 2008, 12:59 AM
That is a beautiful picture