Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

internetmachine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2008
I am quite surprised to see so many people here with a 360. As a Apple fan, I hate Microsoft with passion and would never buy any of their products. What made you buy the 360?

basesloaded190

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
Wisconsin
thats the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. Your telling me you hate that company with so much of a passion that you won't buy anything they sell? xbox is great your narrow mindedness is really missing something awesome

jbaird77

macrumors member
May 30, 2008
I am quite surprised to see so many people here with a 360. As a Apple fan, I hate Microsoft with passion and would never buy any of their products. What made you buy the 360?

It's people like you that make the rest of us guys look bad. Go away. Apple's an awesome company, so is Microsoft.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
To piss off Apple-fanboys like you.

Word.

Well done by thinking MS is the same through and through. They make patchy OS's but they also make tremendous mice and controllers, and a patchy console with tremendous software support.

It's the OP's first post too. So... Joke account?

internetmachine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2008
I bought a PS3 for the same reason I always choose a Mac over a PC. Even though PS3 cost more, I know that I will get an exquisitely designed and perfectly built hardware with an extremely intuitive UI and solid games. Microsoft products on the other hands are always riddled with problems. Have you seen how many reliability issues the Xbox360 had since its launch?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Yes, have you also seen how many more AAA games are out on the 360 and how much better the online system is? And how b/c compatible it is :D

3 more posts now... More and more I'm thinking "joke account".

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan

That's not an Apple fan, that's an Apple fanboy.

Anyway... what made me? Well other than the fact that I didn't pay much, it's great to play Gears 2 and such with friends.

drichards

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2008
I bought an Xbox360 for numerous reasons. The controller feels better to me than a Playstation controller, there is a stronger (and cheaper) game library than PS3, I can play with my brother and my old hombres on Live easier than on PSN, I play Halo, I still have a PS2 (and a PS3 now) for those games, and I just enjoyed the Xbox360 more than the PS3. And the Wii still isn't in the same league. Having both an Xbox and a PS3, I'll buy a game on the Xbox 90% of the time if its released on both. I also didn't have an HDTV when I bought the Xbox360, so a PS3 would have been a waste.

nick9191

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Britain
I bought a PS3 for the same reason I always choose a Mac over a PC. Even though PS3 cost more, I know that I will get an exquisitely designed and perfectly built hardware with an extremely intuitive UI and solid games. Microsoft products on the other hands are always riddled with problems. Have you seen how many reliability issues the Xbox360 had since its launch?

Have you seen the PS3? You think it looks good?

Give me a Microsoft product anyday over Sony's low grade low quality DRM infested junk.

Both camps have had problems with the consoles, the only stable console on the market is the Wii, because there is hardly anything in it.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
Yes, have you also seen how many more AAA games are out on the 360 and how much better the online system is? And how b/c compatible it is :D

3 more posts now... More and more I'm thinking "joke account".

I know, obvious troll post is obvious...

Ironically, as much as I love my 360, it's currently in bits downstairs, got the RROD week ago, attempting to fix it, it's frustrating as it's out of warranty, and modded, so MS would never fix it, but I guess I have got my fair share of fun out of it over the past year...

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Same here, my brother got a modded 360 at work. His friend had knocked it off a shelf and gave it to me to fix, but soon bought another. So we fixed it and it was okay but the thing has really gone and broke this time. :mad: Nevermind I guess, we have a couple anyways.

Btw, there was hardly anything inside the PS2 yet that thing had more faulty lasers than the island of broken DVD players (whut).

drichards

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2008

A PS3 doesn't cost more once you put a wifi adapter on the 360, but the 360 still outsells the PS3 by about 3 to 1. Why? Games. The PS3 still doesn't have enough exciting, exclusive games to warrant a purchase by many.

drichards

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2008
360Pro(60) is $300US, 360Elite(120) is $400US, and both need the $100 wireless adapter. PS3-80 is $400US, PS3-160 is $500US.

360Arcade is $200US, but no HDD and I'm pretty sure you still need a HDD if you want to use Live Gold.

AlexH

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2006
I bought one a few months after release for the gaming, but eventually sold it for a PS3. The PS3 is a better fit overall for me. The combo of quality HD gaming (IMHO, the 360 and PS3 are equal in terms of gaming, but that is highly dependent on your choice of games) and a nice blu-ray drive sold me. The PS3 replaced my 360 and my DVD player. Blu-ray movies rock.

yetanotherdave

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2007
Bristol, England
I don't like windows, microsoft has some good products, have you seen Seadragon? Awesome (yes I know they bought it in)
I'll take a MS product over a Sony one any day. They can't do hardware for **** and their DRM...
360 is cheaper, better graphics, more titles, better titles, no contest really.

360Pro(60) is $300US, 360Elite(120) is $400US, and both need the $100 wireless adapter. PS3-80 is $400US, PS3-160 is $500US.

360Arcade is $200US, but no HDD and I'm pretty sure you still need a HDD if you want to use Live Gold.

You don't need a wireless adaptor, the xbox has an ethernet port on the back.

bobfitz14

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
i bought a Xbox 360 Elite because i was VERY satisfied with the original Xbox, mainly because of Halo 2. and despite what anyone says i love playing Halo 3 and other 360 games.

drichards

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2008
You don't need a wireless adaptor, the xbox has an ethernet port on the back.
Most people don't have Cat5 in their living room. I wasn't about to run it in my wall for sure. And yes, there are less expensive options to add wireless, but the MS official wireless adapter is $100, and most people will buy it for Live.

yetanotherdave

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2007
Bristol, England
Most people don't have Cat5 in their living room. I wasn't about to run it in my wall for sure. And yes, there are less expensive options to add wireless, but the MS official wireless adapter is $100, and most people will buy it for Live.

You're better off buying an Airport express, same price, and you get airtunes thrown in. Or there are ethernet over electricity wiring solutions. Just saying the overpriced wireless adaptor isn't always necessary.

Personally the main phone point is in my living room, so the router is there, a few feet from the xbox. As all computers these days are wireless, I'd always put the router nearest the only non wireless device and everything else goes wirelessly.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
I bought a 360 because of the games....I didn't and still don't care if MS made it. I do care that its a unreliable machine though.

The PS3 still doesn't have enough exciting, exclusive games to warrant a purchase by many.

Some people still don't know what the hell there talking about...Its the price thats knocking people away not the games...by the way the PS3 exclusive games has been top this year.

Bless

drichards

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2008
The price is the same when you add wireless to the 360Pro. More when you factor in Live costs. But the PS3 is still dogging, and aside from little big planet, all its top sellers in November-December are available on the 360.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.