PDA

View Full Version : Shooting in Chicago. Pearson and Rush.

iShater
Dec 15, 2008, 10:58 AM
My sister-in-law called and said the Loyola campus is on lock down because of a robbery gone-bad nearby. Anybody hear anything? I can't find info on any news outlets. :confused:

mkrishnan
Dec 15, 2008, 11:02 AM
I hadn't heard anything about it. :( You said downtown... do they have something over by the water tower, or do you mean their campus up by Loyola & Sheridan?

iShater
Dec 15, 2008, 11:38 AM
I hadn't heard anything about it. :( You said downtown... do they have something over by the water tower, or do you mean their campus up by Loyola & Sheridan?

Sorry, typed the stuff pretty fast. This is near their new dorm building, I believe off State. But I haven't been down there in a while, and I don't remember. :rolleyes: *d'oh*

State and Pearson.

mkrishnan
Dec 15, 2008, 12:12 PM
Hmmm, still seems to not be in the news wire yet.... Anyway, hope everyone is safe.

informedone
Dec 15, 2008, 01:00 PM
Yes, its true. There was a bank robbery and the suspect was chased and shot by police in front of the Lewis Towers building . The campus is not on lock down. Pearson street is blocked off from Rush St. to Little Michigan for investigation.

iShater
Dec 15, 2008, 01:46 PM
Pearson and Rush. Looks like some buildings were put on lockdown around the area to prevent people from going out.

Here is a link (http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2008/12/shooting-on-magnificent-mile.html)

runplaysleeprun
Dec 15, 2008, 04:51 PM
Unfortunately, a shooting in Chicago is not huge news, and may not be widely covered in the news.

thunderclap
Dec 15, 2008, 04:57 PM
Unfortunately, a shooting in Chicago is not huge news, and may not be widely covered in the news.

It's a rare occurrence in downtown though. It usually happens on the west or south side.

mkrishnan
Dec 15, 2008, 05:02 PM
It's a rare occurrence in downtown though. It usually happens on the west or south side.

Armed robbery with a police chase would make the news in most of Chicago... but particularly up there....

leekohler
Dec 15, 2008, 05:05 PM
Armed robbery with a police chase would make the news in most of Chicago... but particularly up there....

Yeah, that's pretty crazy. Even when I first moved here in '92, anything like that would be huge news in that part of town.

william sire
Dec 15, 2008, 06:19 PM
I would like to know if the robbery suspect did us all the favor of dying.

QuantumLo0p
Dec 16, 2008, 06:05 PM

More people die in Chicago than in the Iraq war.

BamaDen should fit right in.

:D