PDA

View Full Version : The heavyweight champion!

edesignuk
Jun 8, 2002, 11:13 PM
Congratulations! to Lennox Lewis on is fantastic victory over Tyson.
Also it was so nice to see Tyson take the defeat so well, and without causing any trouble.
A GREAT fight :D Worth staying up for...I suppose I'd better get some sleep now, seeing as I havn't slept since 10am yesterday and it's now 05:14 today...Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mr. Anderson
Jun 8, 2002, 11:16 PM
Nice to see the felon loose, don't like Tyson one bit. Good for Lewis!

and a KO to boot! Whoo hoo!

3rdpath
Jun 8, 2002, 11:18 PM
tyson's a loser in so many departments. glad to see him knocked on his butt.

makes my day.:D

clubmedia
Jun 8, 2002, 11:31 PM
fight sucked regardless. don't believe the hype. lewis has been the better fighter for a while now. i thought he would stay the champ, and it was odd to see tyson take defeat so well.

i had a bad feeling tyson was doomed from the first remark where he was really calm before the fight and did an interview and when asked why he was so calm, he said his sister sent him video of his pigeons........

he really likes watching his pigeons. that, my friends, is the sound of a medicated tyson.....

Durandal7
Jun 9, 2002, 12:15 AM
Good. Tyson shouldn't still be boxing anyway.

Ensign Paris
Jun 9, 2002, 02:16 AM
Well Done Lewis, I am glad to see Tyson loose.

So I am guessing Tyson doesn't have much support around here?

Ensign

eyelikeart
Jun 9, 2002, 03:30 AM
I'm glad to see that dumb ****ing bastard lost his ass...

he deserves much worse!

krossfyter
Jun 9, 2002, 05:25 AM
congrats to lewis...that biatch.

tyson didnt even fight. tyson was defenitly medicated. he didnt seem like he had any energy in him. you can tell he wanted to give up...its like he just came there to collect his pay. thats not tyson man. tyson without medication and with cus d'mato would certianly have beaten lewis. there goes the old fighter tyson giving way to the new prototype of a fighter that is lewis. changing of the guard i guess. no more "jack um the hell up in 1 or 2 rounds" fights anymore. now we have to go through this boring shiznit of a style that lewis has and most the other fighters. a style where you just soften the opponent up ...jab and move..etc. etc. BORING. Lewis is hella boring. now its time for Klitschko to enter the stage and fight lewis. it justs sadens me that there will be no more "killer instict" fighter in the ring. lewis does not have that "killer instict"...i hope someone comes up that does because i cant stand these boring fighters that are out now.

sorry guys...i dont like lewis one bit. he is good but not intersting. nothing original.

britboy
Jun 9, 2002, 05:27 AM
It's kinda funny to see how the brits are now congratulating lewis. As soon as he's won, and retained his world crown, he's a hero. The rest of the time he's a useless canadian import :p

krossfyter
Jun 9, 2002, 05:31 AM
fickle brits???!!!

:D

krossfyter
Jun 9, 2002, 05:34 AM
I would like to see Klitschko fight lewis. that would be kinda cool i guess. the standard is lower now that tyson is no more and lewis is in his reign. its going to be boring box from here on out unless someone comes up and fights with a killer instict. this is just my opinion ....my preference... my assesment... so please dont confuse me for speaking absolutes here.

iGav
Jun 9, 2002, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by britboy
It's kinda funny to see how the brits are now congratulating lewis. As soon as he's won, and retained his world crown, he's a hero. The rest of the time he's a useless canadian import :p

It's true though...... the English are incredibly fickle........ mind you I think Lewis is a cheesy bast*rd.... saying "this should be an inspiration for the England football team".........

As for Tyson.... well he's not really been the best for 12 years......... he that wall back in 1990.........

britboy
Jun 9, 2002, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by iGAV

As for Tyson.... well he's not really been the best for 12 years......... he that wall back in 1990.........

When was it that he destroyed Bruno? Back then he was a decent boxer. Now he's just past it....

krossfyter
Jun 9, 2002, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by iGAV

It's true though...... the English are incredibly fickle........ mind you I think Lewis is a cheesy bast*rd.... saying "this should be an inspiration for the England football team".........

yeah its interesting though...tyson hasnt been the same since cus d mato died. thing about it. after that he became crazy etc. etc. and had to get on them drugs. thats my theory at least..as to why he is not the same anymore.
age is a factor but i dont thing it matters that much in the case im making. cus d mato was his father and mother.... tyson listened to every frekin word that man said. after he died.... all tyson had were "yes men".... people telling tyson yes you can do this yes you can do that.. you know people in his corner sucking from him .such as don king. tyson did not have anyone really leading him like cus did.

iGav
Jun 9, 2002, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by britboy
When was it that he destroyed Bruno? Back then he was a decent boxer. Now he's just past it....

Bruno was 1989 I think... then again around 95/96... and Tyson canned him big style both times......

In the 1980's Tyson really was an amazing fighter...... he was disciplined..... went in to the ring... and bam..... it was like someone pushed the deternator..... none of the ***** that people associate with him now..... he was very quick around the ring...... and the power was just enormous...... at this time, he could probably claim to have been the greatest fighter ever..... maybe....... he really was amazing to watch...... and if it was that fighter against Lewis.... I really don't think Lewis would have stood a chance........

But the Tyson of today is based all on the legend of what he once was.... not what he is or has been for the last 12 years.... is of a man who is completely troubled........ he's in amazing shape at the moment..... the best he's been since the late 80's.... but the desire has gone......... I don't think it's just the age that was the issue..... (Lewis is a year older) but purely because Tyson has some serious issues...... that has turned him into a complete.............

But like what krossfyter suggested...... where's the next Tyson? or Ali?? or Foreman...... there just doesn't seem to be the standard of boxers coming through anymore.......

mac15
Jun 9, 2002, 06:41 AM
tyson is a wanka...and hold on to them ears Lewis!!!! :D

edesignuk
Jun 9, 2002, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by mac15
tyson is a wanka...and hold on to them ears Lewis!!!! :D
hehehehe...Tyson couldn't get close enough for Lewis to have to worry about his ears :p

IndyGopher
Jun 9, 2002, 03:32 PM
In the previous thread I opined that it would be interesting to see how, after Tyson lost, the apologists would explain it... and true to form, they have jumped right in there trying their best to make Tyson seem like more than what he is.. a loser. No matter how much a person like that wins, it's a crying shame to see ANYONE idolize him, for any reason. Regardless whether it is RIGHT that people view athletes as role models, that is what they are. And anyone who behaves in such a way should never be allowed access to any media venue, be it sports, politics, Barbra Walters interviews.. nothing but basic coverage of their trials.

krossfyter
Jun 9, 2002, 03:32 PM
lewis is a pansy.

edesignuk
Jun 9, 2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter
lewis is a pansy.
Really? :confused: Funny how his the heavy weight champion of the world :p

krossfyter
Jun 9, 2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by verbose101

Really? :confused: Funny how his the heavy weight champion of the world :p

there is no "killer instict" opponent anymore. pansys can be heavywieght champs now.

edesignuk
Jun 9, 2002, 04:02 PM
there is no "killer instict" opponent anymore. pansys can be heavywieght champs now.
Right...ok :confused: personaly I don't agree, I'll let you tell Lennox he's a 'pansy' ;) Then we'll see who has and who hasn't got a 'killer instinct'.
What would you prefer? The CrAzY Tyson serving jail sentences for rape, and biting people in professional fights, or the cool calm style of Lewis who really does plan (seems to anyway, but what do I know) his fights, and then executes them to come out the heavyweight champion...again!

krossfyter
Jun 9, 2002, 04:14 PM

Right...ok :confused: personaly I don't agree, I'll let you tell Lennox he's a 'pansy' ;) Then we'll see who has and who hasn't got a 'killer instinct'.
What would you prefer? The CrAzY Tyson serving jail sentences for rape, and biting people in professional fights, or the cool calm style of Lewis who really does plan (seems to anyway, but what do I know) his fights, and then executes them to come out the heavyweight champion...again!

seems like we have a difference of opinion. thats cool. i respect your opinion.

i prefer the boxer to come in the ring and knock the other person THEHELLOUT! i dont like for my boxer just to think about it and wait around soften them up with shots to the stomach or jabs...etc. etc. to me thats boring and thats exactly what lennox does. there is nothing original about that. every boxer and thier mother does that. yeah lennox is smart but i bet you klitchco is smarter. klitchco has a phd etc. etc.

edesignuk
Jun 9, 2002, 04:18 PM

seems like we have a difference of opinion. thats cool. i respect your opinion.

Agreed, and I you...end of war :D

krossfyter
Jun 9, 2002, 04:21 PM

I'll let you tell Lennox he's a 'pansy' ;) Then we'll see who has and who hasn't got a 'killer instinct'.

lets get one thing straight. you and i and most people are not boxers. thats not my trade. thats not your trade. him beating me up is him using his trade ...what he is good at...what he has talent for ...what he makes money with..... against someone who is not in that area. my talent is in art. sure if he fought me he would kill me because im not a boxer. if i was a boxer and up to that standard then im sure he WOULDNT kill me....because as far as the boxing standard goes...for those that are boxers...he has no killer instict.

krossfyter
Jun 9, 2002, 04:24 PM

Agreed, and I you...end of war :D

what war? :)

edesignuk
Jun 9, 2002, 04:33 PM

what war? :)
lol :D ok, our little disagreement.

krossfyter
Jun 9, 2002, 04:56 PM