Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meyer1131

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
What kind of case do you guys prefer for your touch, do you like the Silicon, the Hard Plastic, or another type that is out there? and why? Do you feel whichever type you picked protects your touch best? or are you not worried about protection just want something thrown on there to make it a different color or for some other reason?

txhockey9404

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2008
NeoTouch
I use a neo touch, also made by switcheasy. I have had it for just over a week, and it is awesome! It is not sticky like silicone because the exterior is two different plastics. It is also not as slippery as an incase slider. It is easily the most protective case I have ever used.
$33 USD, including shipping
A+

Incase Protective Cover
I have also used the Incase Protective Cover. It is rubber, and feels solid. It does, however, pick up lint, and must be removed to dock. It tends to get very dirty. Also, it cannot be slid in and out of pockets as easily as the neotouch.
$30 no tax/shipping
B+

Another case I have tried was the incase leather case. It was very awkward looking, and did not fit perfectly. I did not buy it.
$35 no tax/shipping
C

A fourth would be the incase slider. It is protective and good-looking. It is also easy to dock. Problem for me is that it will not fit correctly with my invisible shield. Otherwise, great case.
$35 no tax/shipping
A

Finally, a different route is a protective cover. I use the invisible shield from zagg. It was a bit difficult to apply. It looks OK, and works well. I have one scratch on the back of the cover, but I do not want to remove the cover. I have worked with their support, and I must commend them on customer service. They are a small company that will really take care of you. If you go this route, you may also want to get one of the other cases to apply over it.
$15-front only
$25-full body
Free shipping, not taxable in most states
B

teflon

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2007
I prefer clear plastic cases. Leather hides the looks of the iPod, and silicon cases are dust/lint magnets. The inside of it gets dirty and scratches your iPod, which defeats the purpose of having the case on in the first place. I think my iPod touch would be less scratched if I didn't use that stupid silicon case and just went caseless. But so far I have been happy with clear plastic cases for both my iPod touch and my iPod nano.

kwk1

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
Canada
I prefer silicone because it sticks in your hand much better than plastic.
It also won't slide around in a car or wherever you put it.
I think it provides a bit of shock/drop protection too.

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
I like the iSkin Touch Vibes, it's like silicone and hard plastic mixed together. It gives grip but isn't a lint catcher. Also, silicone tends to stretch out over time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.