Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fussion7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
Would anyone please be kind enough to review this application which I just produced? You can check out more and interact with other users at http://www.imeterphone.com. You can see a video of the hilarious functionality as well. Thank you so much!:D

orrelse44

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2007
I got it because I have an 8 year old (and his daddy) that are easily amused.

Ok, it has serious potential....but is the slide meter supposed to be transparent? It isn't any fun if the prankee sees that I'm controlling a slide meter. It either has to be transparent (or even a small button that my thumb would cover), or make a quick settings option where I can go in beforehand and adjust my level of awesomeness or lameness.

Otherwise, this could be extremely fun.

You nailed the sounds, IMHO.

fussion7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
Thanks so much

Thanks for checking it out Buddy, it means a lot to hear some external feedback. I would encourage you to please post any uses you find fun between you and your child. A lot of the posted uses so far have been pretty sexual or "immature". It would be nice to find fun uses from a child perspective.

mlondon1

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2008
use and site

i like the sound and flexibility of use but there could be some fun to be had with it as well as some graphical improvements. The website http://www.imeterphone.com has some pretty funny uses posted (whether they are true or not i cant tell) like gaydar

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
1. No link to the app in this post - FAIL
2. No link to the app from the linked site - FAIL
3. The meter reacts to a clearly visible slider - FAIL
4. "Needing a good icebreaker to talk to that hot girl at the end of the bar?" EPIC FAIL

I'm sorry but this app is just way too much of a gimmick and doesn't seem to be worth even the advertised 99c, how about using the meter functionality for something useful like a WiFi signal strength app (although the API may not allow that, can't recall for sure) or even doing something like make it use the tilt meter to control the level so it isn't so obvious.

fussion7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
Valid Points

4. "Needing a good icebreaker to talk to that hot girl at the end of the bar?" EPIC FAIL

I'm sorry but this app is just way too much of a gimmick and doesn't seem to be worth even the advertised 99c, how about using the meter functionality for something useful like a WiFi signal strength app (although the API may not allow that, can't recall for sure) or even doing something like make it use the tilt meter to control the level so it isn't so obvious.

Valid Points here, thanks:
1) http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=297145087&mt=8
2) Added in the About iMeter Section
3) Its very minimal when you place your thumb over it and move it around while pointing at friends. But valid for enhancement.
4. Trust me, this thing will get you laid

orrelse44

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2007

Your review -- FAIL

Maybe you could be a bit more obtuse about it. :rolleyes:

fussion7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
New Thread Started to offer promotion codes for the app

I have started a new thread to promote the promotion codes available for this application by interacting with our website, http://www.imeterphone.com. Please keep an eye out for the thread, "Promo Codes for iMeter now available".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.