PDA

View Full Version : Just got the Rev. A so far not so goog

NYU02
Dec 16, 2008, 05:57 PM
got a new rev a to match an iMac im getting. It is beautiful machine but right after turning it on the fan starting going. I wasn't even doing anything and it won't shut off. Is this normal. Also, I know people with rev b have screen issues but I can also see little little lines going both ways on the comp. Not so happy so far

justit
Dec 16, 2008, 06:07 PM
I don't own a Rev A, but you do know that the fans are set at a minimum of 2500 RPM all the time. Did you download istat to find out what speed the fans are at? Also make sure you have the latest OS X updates as idle cpu seems to have improved.

SFStateStudent
Dec 16, 2008, 06:41 PM
Yup, +1 ^^^ get iStat and you can monitor fans and heat, as well CPU, memory, disks, and network. All pretty good info for any MB owner...

andreab35
Dec 16, 2008, 07:01 PM
^^^^^^1 agreed again.
iStat is great to get for your Dashboard. There, it shows CPU temps, fan speeds, memory usage, etc.
My fans are always quiet at 2499 rpm.

Lumpydog
Dec 16, 2008, 08:34 PM
I had this with my Rev A too - don't panic. It's not normal, but it does happen and it can be stopped.

Try this: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1411

It took me a few times, but it stopped.

The Rev A is a wonderful machine. Give it a chance.

errol
Dec 16, 2008, 08:41 PM
The Air is a fantastically portable machine but cannot handle much 720p content, which really bothers me sometimes.