Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slick316

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
Is there a way for me to print my movie list off of itunes?

Some of my movies seem to be messed up, whenever I play them on my apple TV they dont play, freeze the apple TV, and then the apple TV restarts. I want to check all my movies on the apple TV to see which are messed up (I have a feeling its quite a few, even though they all play fine in iTunes). I have time right now to re rip the DVD's that are not working right.

Having a list would be handy (and since the library is on my desktop which is not in the same room as the apple TV).

So is there a way for me to do this easily?

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
If you right click Movies in iTunes, you can "Export song list", but that prints all the information about the movie in a text file with lots of long lines, with everything from play count to location.

To just print the movie titles, change the view options for Movies to uncheck all columns so you see just the movie name, select all movies from the list (command-a), and copy (command-c) into a TextEdit file (command-v). This pastes just the columns being displayed, in this case just name.

Reactions: pullman

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
I used DVDPedia and CDPedia. Both work really well. You can Google for more info I'm sure...

slick316

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
I got it, plinden's suggestion worked great. Nice to have a printed list, my chicken scratch writing throws me off at times, lol.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

mjgkramer

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2019
Lakeway, TX (Austin)
To just print the movie titles, change the view options for Movies to uncheck all columns so you see just the movie name, select all movies from the list (command-a), and copy (command-c) into a TextEdit file (command-v). This pastes just the columns being displayed, in this case just name.

A much simpler approach is to copy all data fields, paste them into a spread sheet, and then delete all the columns except the movie titles.

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
In iTunes - VIEW - VIEW AS - LIST
FILE - PRINT and there you go. You can also save this as a PDF
You don't even need to change the iTunes view before you print. The options are in print dialog:
Screenshot 2019-01-02 at 00.33.01.png

Reactions: BODYBUILDERPAUL
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.