Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
United States
New tower defense game, priced the same as Fieldrunners. ($4.99)
Graphics look amazing.

Anyone play this yet?

Link: 7 Cities TD

A youtube video and a contest to win promotional codes is on its website: Neptune Studios.
Apparently, the winners are random, that is if you answer the question correctly.

notintheleast

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2008
NC
I'm hoping to see some reviews soon, but I might just have to give in to my temptation before that happens. I'll post a small review if I can't hold out. :eek:

Dorfdad

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007
I'm working on one might be a few days as I want to do it justice , but initial impressions is this is a quality TD game and might just replace Fieldrunners for top TD.

if anyone wan't to help me do some reviews come on over and sign up!

liptonlover

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
I don't think a purely fixed path td can replace fieldrunners, unless it has loads of maps at least.

hogfaninga

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2008
Chestnut Tree Cafe
I love Fieldrunners and TapDefense is nice also. I just bought 7 Cities TD and I'm very, very impressed. I think this will be favorite. Nice graphics and a lot of fun to play. I also bought SimCity, but haven't had the time to play it that much.

Christmas came early and these games are amazing.

coldwarx

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2008
I love Fieldrunners and TapDefense is nice also. I just bought 7 Cities TD and I'm very, very impressed. I think this will be favorite. Nice graphics and a lot of fun to play. I also bought SimCity, but haven't had the time to play it that much.

Christmas came early and these games are amazing.

I too own all three tower defense games and i have to say, 7cities is the best so far!!

nutsnbolts

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2008
We are currently going to be reviewing the top Tower Defense games. Currently out of all the ones out there. Fieldrunners and Tower defense are the top two that is worth mentioning.

With 7 cities, it seems to be a great contender to the two. we'll see once we complete the review.

hogfaninga

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2008
Chestnut Tree Cafe
All three? There must be about 10 TD games on the app store now!

I think he meant the most popular ones which are Fieldrunners and TapDefense. So far I think 7 Cities is the best followed by Fieldrunners. I haven't played it long enough to make this my final decision, but so far it is the best IMO.

jakemann23

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2008
looks good, but how many different TD games can you play until youre bored with it? i guess as long as it has something to offer, it shouldnt be a problem....kinda answered my own question there didnt i?

coldwarx

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2008
looks good, but how many different TD games can you play until youre bored with it? i guess as long as it has something to offer, it shouldnt be a problem....kinda answered my own question there didnt i?

yes you did! hah.. i remember playing a tower defense game on flash a few years ago and i remember playing it for my research and new media course in college! i musta played that game for an entire semester before i realized i was failing...

I think 7 Cities is totally a top contender. A lot of games seem glamourous at first and after a little while the hype dies down.. but this game is actually making me want to keep exploring and playing all the maps, right now (while i'm at work). I just found out about the skill unlocker...

coldwarx

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2008
We are currently going to be reviewing the top Tower Defense games. Currently out of all the ones out there. Fieldrunners and Tower defense are the top two that is worth mentioning.

With 7 cities, it seems to be a great contender to the two. we'll see once we complete the review.
btw, what are you reviewing everything on? do you have a website? i'd like to see what other apps/games are worth downloading...

just browsing thru the app store is actually a waste of time... everyone can hype up or burn a game just based on a couple reasons..

Dorfdad

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007
Ill have a review up as well within the next day or two.. I wan't to make sure I have the proper infor compared to alot of these bogus reviews coming out day one!

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
I can't seem to complete map7 on normal. I get to wave 36 and die. Guess I will have to try a different tactic.

I like the game so far :)

I found a weird bug, however, when you write your tag/name for the highscore you can get the game to crash by typing an é or the variations (accent egy, grave etc).

Cantello

macrumors member
May 29, 2008
Lüneburg
I don't think a purely fixed path td can replace fieldrunners, unless it has loads of maps at least.

Actually I prefer fixed path or mixed path (as in Besieged) to freeform games like Fieldrunners. I have bought FR the day I received my iPhone but did not really play it often, as I play TD games for short time spans and with freeform games you have to continually modify your setup and improve the tactics. I just like level- or map-based fixed path games better. :)

NeptuneStudios

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2008
Canada
I can't seem to complete map7 on normal. I get to wave 36 and die. Guess I will have to try a different tactic.

I like the game so far :)

I found a weird bug, however, when you write your tag/name for the highscore you can get the game to crash by typing an é or the variations (accent egy, grave etc).

Thanks for the bug report. I added it to our list. (so far its the only crash bug, :D)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.