Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daneel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2008
Hi all,

I plan become an Apple Developer (99,- fee).

Will I only be able to tether one single computer to one specific iPhone? Or will I be able to use several computers (for example one at work and one at home) for development and for uploading my apps to my iPhone?

Moreover, will I only be able to upload my apps to one specific iPhone, or will I be able to upload my apps to any iPhone which I connect to to one of my development machines? The latter would be required, e.g., for testing out multiplayer games.

Can anyone give me some input on these potential "tethering restrictions"?

Many thanks,
Michael

detz

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
You can build on multiple machines you just have to setup the certificates and profiles using one machine and then input those sames files into each and every other machine you want to develop on.

As far as testing on multiple devices the easiest way I found is just to use the AdHoc system and then you can test on up to 100 other devices.

daneel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2008
Many thanks for your reply!

As far as testing on multiple devices the easiest way I found is just to use the AdHoc system and then you can test on up to 100 other devices.

This AdHoc system ist however limited to enterprise accounts (299,-) - right? Can I simply connect another IPhone to my development machine through USB and put my application on that IPhone as well (after any necessary tethering setup), or is it limited to a single IPhone?

Many thanks,
Michael

detz

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
Many thanks for your reply!

This AdHoc system ist however limited to enterprise accounts (299,-) - right? Can I simply connect another IPhone to my development machine through USB and put my application on that IPhone as well (after any necessary tethering setup), or is it limited to a single IPhone?

Many thanks,
Michael

No. Yes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.