Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yoyo5280

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 24, 2007
Melbourne, Australia & Bay Area
Hiii

I made a quick mock-up of a site in pages that I think I'd actually like to follow through with.

What do you think of it?

and

HOW WOULD I ACTUALLY MAKE THIS? :confused:

Thankyou.

Attachments

• website design.pdf
    72.6 KB · Views: 269

MegaMan1311

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
USA
It can be done. It looks good, but its use is very limited with its current design (unless you wanted to add a content region other than the twitter message). Note that I'm going to explain this as if you know, at least basic, css and html code.

Omisan can be accomplished with css and the right font. The arrow would have to be an image, though I would recommend making it a background-image. The happy holidays would be able to be accomplished via css, html, and an image or, if you're feeling like scripting, some javascript.

The twitter message can be inserted using their API's. It can be formated like that via css.

The rest is standard text. The majority of the site, if built right, can be text, making it very search engine friendly.

Hope that helps.
MegaMan1311

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Yea, that's doable of course. What skills do you know, e.g., HTML, CSS, JavaScript, etc. iWeb might be able to do that, but would be cumbersome probably.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
I only know basic HTML :confused:

and by basic, I mean very very very basic.

CSS,Javascript, and APIs are waay beyond me.

Then I suggest you start reading through the stickies in this forum and reading tutorials online. We aren't going to make your site for you, but as you have specific questions we'd be more than happy to help out. There's plenty of free text editors you can download if you want to take this on from the coding angle. There's also some WYSIWYG editors (where you don't have to mess with code so much), and some are listed in the stickies though not many to choose from and even fewer free ones.

yoyo5280

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 24, 2007
Melbourne, Australia & Bay Area
I will look into the stickys and get help from friends, but I have rethought my design. OPINIONS PLEASE

is it too busy?

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 76

macjram

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2008
I really like both,

I think on the PDF (first version?) if you put your site name bigger and above the TWITTER MESSAGE aligned to the right then I would prefer that one. Depends on how you would show the content of the sections, both are pretty good options.

If you need help I can try to help, my website is http://www.mfjram.com I've been lagging on it though so only the blog is up and it's not really customized -_- hahaha.

Keep me updated !

chilipie

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2006
Englandshire
Instead of just writing "Twitter Message" and "This is a copyright", use examples of text that may actually appear. You're unlikely to have twitters that are only two words long, and it's much easier to understand the purpose of the design if the text in it is relevant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.