Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
Just saw it. Gonna buy it and try it out right now.

EDIT: Damnit, I was hoping it would be less than $10. In that case, I will wait for some reviews on here before taking the plunge.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Link isn't working for me in iTunes. Also, isn't showing up in the search (as Rolando or ngmoco).

[EDIT] Link works on the iPhone App Store App.

Strange thing is that it wasn't supposed to be released until tomorrow. Apple really needs to release the grip from the devs. This is getting ridiculous.

Dorfdad

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007
Been Playing it for a few now, and I have to say its worth the wait!!

This is the iPhones LOCO ROCO..... Great sounds, and graphics...

Habakuk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2007
Vienna Austria Europe
Yes. It's nice and funny with those jumping smileys. Not difficult but not easy too (arrived at level 5 in 25 minutes). The little ball guys have different characters - the yellow girly (baby) can't jump that much. You have to collect diamonds and bring the rolandos safe to their exit. Easy to choose certain rolandos by drawing a frame. Usable hints at the beginning (you can jump them) in text bubbles. Good graphics and sounds, some kind of a strange salsa music.

There is a little red badge on the game's icon (homescreen) when the game is interrupted by phone call or home button. Screenshot: The very beginning of the German-language version.

BTW: Still not seen at AppShopper.com although it's out since two hours.

Attachments

• IMG_0078.PNG
    IMG_0078.PNG
    56.1 KB · Views: 68

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Downloaded. Played a bit. Very cute and fun. And any game that has Mr. Scruff on the soundtrack is an automatic winner in my book.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
This game is fantastic. The music is very creative and the controls are near perfect and extremely responsive. The world map (ala Super Mario Bros.) is done in a popup book style. The game is very well thought out and teaches you how to play as you go along. I completely recommend it.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Funny, I tried to search for "Rolando" and "ngmoco," but no dice. Then I tried the direct link on appshopper and up it came.

mouchoir

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2004
London, UK
Downloaded an hour ago and played the first 6 levels. This game has been beautifully produced –*it looks gorgeous and is a really fun (so far) platformer.

And what is nicest is that is doesn't feel like a gimmick showing off the iPhone –*from what I have played it is a really well considered game.

PhaserFuzz

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2007
So far I've played a good portion of it, and I definitely think it's worth the $10. If I go back all the items from each level, I could easily see spending 5-6 hours to complete it, which I think is great for an iPhone game.

Trooperof3

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2007
bought it.. I have only played a few levels, I want to spend my time enjoying it, plus i have a 9 hour flight to france on the 26th. But this game is great. $9.99 well spent.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Maybe I don't get it, but this looks like Dizzy Bee on steroids. Nice and probably fun, but for $9.99 a little steep. Can someone tell me how this is different?
In Dizzy Bee there is no gravity. In Rolando there is. Watch some of the YouTube videos to get a good idea. The use of the accelerometer is really the only thing in common between the two.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
So far I've played a good portion of it, and I definitely think it's worth the $10. If I go back all the items from each level, I could easily see spending 5-6 hours to complete it, which I think is great for an iPhone game.

Good to hear a game that is finally worth the price you pay for them, personally, I feel anything over £5.99 should last atleast an hour before you complete it...

snverhallen

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2007
I got this game, and so far I really like it. My only complaint is I wish it had a bit more skill/action involved instead of just strategy. But other than that I really enjoy it, it has good replay value. And I find it to be quite challenging, especially if you want to get the time bonus. A bit on the expensive side, but you pay for good software and this is definitely good software.

On a side-note, I'm on te Fireworks Factory level right before you get into the black part (bottom right corner).

gamera~

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2005
Boston MA
Worth the $10. Great music. The game has a good feel — everything from the sprites to the sounds to how the characters refer to you ("finger") fits nicely.

deadsouls

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2008
tried this game out. every time i read some rave reviews i tend to blindly trust them and then find out the game sucks. this is yet another case. app deleted. good thing jb phones can try these apps out for free!

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but am I the only one that sees an impending lawsuit from the guys that made Locoroco? I honestly thought this game was made by the same people... I really hope it doesn't get pulled off the store just because it's the same preface of game style.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.