PDA

View Full Version : Mail app Not Working

MacKenzie999
Jun 9, 2002, 09:13 AM
Hey everyone...

Recently upgraded to 10.1.5 and now my Mail app does not work. It appears to still be there, original app + dockling, but clicking on it (or on any other Mail associated file) results in nothing. Any suggestions on how to fix or reinstall Mail, or is it necessary to redo the whole OS?

Thanks
-Mike

Hemingray
Jun 9, 2002, 12:40 PM
Are you clicking on just the icon in the dock or are you actually going into the Applications folder and double clicking on the Mail icon as well? Sometimes the link can be broken from the dock icon and the original item and clicking it will do nothing. Also, did you have your Mail app in a folder other than the root of Applications? Sometimes, at least with IE, Apple would place the updated version at the root of Applications and leave your old one wherever else it was and so every time you click on the icon in the dock it tries to open the old one which might not be compatible with the new system.

If all else fails... just reinstall 10.1.5.

MacKenzie999
Jun 10, 2002, 12:31 PM
Hey, Hemingray...

I tried all that, looks like its reinstall time.

Thanks!

AlphaTech
Jun 10, 2002, 12:43 PM
I didn't have that issue with the Mail app after I updated to 10.1.5. It has quit on me a few times since the update, which is a few times more then it did before updating to 10.1.5 (can't remember it quitting on me before hte update).

Check the mailboxes within the library folder. What happens if you move them out of it?? Will it launch then? If it does, move the items back one at a time (you will have to do that without Mail running). You could have a very corrupt mail element there. The entire app could also be bad, but I would try the other stuff first.

Just for S&G's, have you run any utilities on the computer (ever)?? Might not be a bad idea to do some. Could be less hassle, and less painful then trying to reinstall.