Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benh-

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
hey, looking for your help here.

i bought my 2.1ghz white macbook back in april, and have been very impressed by it up until now.

the socket that you plug your headphones in...it only comes out of one channel!

i dont no what to do to fix it, so any advice is wanted, but will the apple store replace it for me, or fix it?

Tastannin

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2003
UT
They will try to fix it first. If they can't then they'll replace it. Odds are they'll be able to fix it with a logic board swap anyways.

benh-

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
yeah i know they wouldnt give me a new one haha, sorry, i worded it wrong.

im not under apple care, but ive heard the apple store are usually generous about replacing things when out of warranty.

actually, am i still in warranty?

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
yeah i know they wouldnt give me a new one haha, sorry, i worded it wrong.

im not under apple care, but ive heard the apple store are usually generous about replacing things when out of warranty.

actually, am i still in warranty?

Yes, warranty is a year.

nickXedge

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2008
Long Island

i bought my 2.1ghz white macbook back in april, and have been very impressed by it up until now.

i dont no what to do to fix it, so any advice is wanted, but will the apple store replace it for me, or fix it?

Serious question, have you tried several sets of headphones?

cherry su

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2008

are you sure that your headphones are not defective? like the poster above said, did you try other pairs of phones?

mcguidance

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2008
They won't replace the whole computer for the faulty headphone jack only. I was having multiple problems, logicboard replaced twice, harddrive failure, and restart issues, and they then offered the new AlumMB as a replacement for my 2 year old WhiteBook for a hundred bucks. I took that, considering at the time I bought it, the price was $1049, and two years later they credited me $1200.

cogsinister

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2006
Fredericton NB Canada
They won't replace the whole computer for the faulty headphone jack only. I was having multiple problems, logicboard replaced twice, harddrive failure, and restart issues, and they then offered the new AlumMB as a replacement for my 2 year old WhiteBook for a hundred bucks. I took that, considering at the time I bought it, the price was $1049, and two years later they credited me $1200.

I have never had to pay anything to get a mac replaced, even when its been a big upgrade......but still 100 bucks is still pretty sweet eh ?

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
If it was bought in April and there's no physical damage they will fix it for free. Dont' worry - it will be good as new :)

benh-

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
If it was bought in April and there's no physical damage they will fix it for free. Dont' worry - it will be good as new :)

Thank you for your help. I will certainly do this on boxing day!

I have tried three headphones ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.