Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Carbonic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2008
Hey everyone, if you checkout my blog http://iamjaybot.net/blog/

On my Twitter section, you should see that it kind of stretches outside the designated area when it displays when a tweet was updated. Anyone know how to fix this, or remove when it was tweeted all together?

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Good golly that was bugging me. Took a while to figure out what was going on there, but found the issue. In the CSS file (blog/wp-content/themes/javazine/style.css), search out this section,
Code:
.widget a, .widget a:visited{
color:#f4f4f4;
padding:7px 5px;
display:block;
text-decoration:none;
border-bottom:1px solid #3f3f3f;
[B]width:359px;[/B] /*change if sidebarwidth changes*/
background-image:url(images/bg_dark.jpg);
background-attachment:fixed;
}
The width is too wide, partly because of the image next to it. I recommend doing width: auto; instead and see if that breaks anything else.

And as a note, I found the source of the problem by using WebKit's (Safari's development version) Web Inspector, which has some improvements over Safari's Web Inspector.

Carbonic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2008
Good golly that was bugging me. Took a while to figure out what was going on there, but found the issue. In the CSS file (blog/wp-content/themes/javazine/style.css), search out this section,
Code:
.widget a, .widget a:visited{
color:#f4f4f4;
padding:7px 5px;
display:block;
text-decoration:none;
border-bottom:1px solid #3f3f3f;
[B]width:359px;[/B] /*change if sidebarwidth changes*/
background-image:url(images/bg_dark.jpg);
background-attachment:fixed;
}
The width is too wide, partly because of the image next to it. I recommend doing width: auto; instead and see if that breaks anything else.

And as a note, I found the source of the problem by using WebKit's (Safari's development version) Web Inspector, which has some improvements over Safari's Web Inspector.

Awesome! It fixed that, but it also left a pretty big gap between the picture, and the tweet. Any idea on how to fix that, or just remove the "tweet 19 minutes" ago area?

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Awesome! It fixed that, but it also left a pretty big gap between the picture, and the tweet. Any idea on how to fix that, or just remove the "tweet 19 minutes" ago area?

Try using a width of 290px. Looks like that gap only comes into play when there's a short tweet, which wasn't the case when I was looking at it earlier. The 290px was used in the CSS selector above the one being changed. You may need to try different values, but this seemed to do the trick.

Carbonic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2008
Try using a width of 290px. Looks like that gap only comes into play when there's a short tweet, which wasn't the case when I was looking at it earlier. The 290px was used in the CSS selector above the one being changed. You may need to try different values, but this seemed to do the trick.

I'll keep it on auto and just remember to tweet something that is longer than 20 characters. :)

Thanks so much for your time, you've been a big help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.