PDA

View Full Version : Fusion on Mac Pro - Blu Ray failing - What to buy? HELP

phrehdd
Dec 19, 2008, 12:33 AM
I am using a Mac Pro 2.66 quad presently with Fusion running XP Pro.

With a little work I managed to wire the SATA port from the mobo and bring it up to the location of the optical drive. Months ago, I purchased from Fast Mac an OEM Blu Ray burner. For the most part it worked very well and found over time, it could not read some blu ray discs. This was furthered by the fact that OSX could not read the discs either at times.

I would like to consider getting another Blu Ray device either a burner or just a reader and was hoping some folks could lend some advice as to make and model.

Of recent I did try the LG GGC-H20L. If I switched CD control in Fusion, and pointed to this drive with the "other" setup, it worked somewhat. If I booted up to this drive, Windows would show in device manager that the drivers are not installed correctly. - Point being this is not a good fit which is a pity since it can also read HD DVD and has Lightscribe.

Please let me know what you are using with this set up or alternatives so I can continue archiving my blu ray library. (I am sure with holidays around the the corner I will be getting a few more).

Regards

- Phrehdd