Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

britboy

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
Just out of the blue, iMovie's decided to play up on me. I've been using it most of the day, with no problems at all. When i went to export my movie at full quality dv pal, it just unexpectedly quit. Now every time i load it up, it quits immediately.

I'm running all the latest updates from apple, no faulty ram... any ideas what might be wrong?

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Something somewhat similar happened to me a while back, but only with export conflicts, so I am not sure if it applies here.

But my guess would be damaged preferences. If this is the case, they need to be removed. Go to your home folder (the one with your username), open Library, and open Preferences. Look for the file iMovie Preferences and delete it. Then try loading iMovie again.

Again, I am not totally sure this will work, but it is worth a shot. The worst that can happen is that you will still have the same problem and once it is fixed, you just need to readjust the preferences in iMovie.

Fear the King.

britboy

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
Thanks for the suggestion. Didn't work unfortunately. I deleted the file, restarted, launched iMovie, and two seconds later it quit.

I think i'm just going to delete it and install it again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.