Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2008
Doubt it, there's no way they would ever make a profit, not at the skimpy prices people pay for apps. Blizzard only makes games they want to, and take the time to make them at great quality, refusing to release them early. And that means those games are expensive to develop; they couldn't afford to do that with a measly $10 or $15 game.

nachtxeule

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2008
blizzard is pc only... as in desktop.

no consoles, no portables... no phones.

but keep hoping ;p

Grease2310

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2007
blizzard is pc only... as in desktop.

no consoles, no portables... no phones.

but keep hoping ;p

That's an outright fallacy actually. They ported Blackthorne, Rock 'n Roll Racing and The Lost Vikings to the Game Boy Advance a few years ago and have developed games (Lost Vikings) for consoles as a day one release before.

extralarge

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
That's an outright fallacy actually. They ported Blackthorne, Rock 'n Roll Racing and The Lost Vikings to the Game Boy Advance a few years ago and have developed games (Lost Vikings) for consoles as a day one release before.

As time changes, I think Blizzard will present the new game to the new generation of the platform. As long as the iPhone or whatever the platform is popular as today's pc/mac. There shouldn't be any limitation for the software publishers. Especially for Blizzard.

nimda0

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2008
D-town!

You said exactly what I was going to say. Blizzard definitely dips their hands into other platforms when it will benefit their company. I'd bet money you'll see some sort of game coming to the app store, just not sure when.

I imagine they have talked about it, I mean, what media company hasn't?

nrmillions

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2008
Boston, MA
Doubt it, there's no way they would ever make a profit, not at the skimpy prices people pay for apps. Blizzard only makes games they want to, and take the time to make them at great quality, refusing to release them early. And that means those games are expensive to develop; they couldn't afford to do that with a measly $10 or $15 game.

They could do it if they charged a monthly subscription fee like they do with WOW.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.