Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

landlover

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2006
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hi, tired of not being able to watch video on this machine it either skips parts or the video does not match the sound. Is there anything that can be done? It is a e-mac running 700 mhz with one gig of ram. Any suggestion, not sure what to check or what plug-ins this should have.

Thanks

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
Despite what some are going to say, your eMac should have no problem playing video, as long as it isn't HD.

And I agree with the above poster, VLC is a great media player to try.

radarbob

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2007
As an owner of the following iBooks (yes, I know you said e-Mac) 300Mhz, 700Mhz, 900Mhz I say the 700Mhz iBook is simply not sufficient to run video any more.

Realize that getting a faster machine often means more than just a Mhz kick. Often the machine is faster all over - faster buss, memory, etc. The difference between a 700Mhz machine and say a 1Ghz-ish ibook is far more than 300Mhz.

forgottensoft

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2007
Vermont, USA
Your talking about the difference between G3 and G4 in iBooks. G4 700MHz is much better then the G3 700MHz you speak of. That eMac should play video with ease.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.