Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bilba

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2004
Assuming you ordered a laptop on Apple's online store, and you receive a machine with 3 dead pixels. I know that according to the rules, Apple will not replace the machine. But, hypotheticaly speaking, can you claim that there is something else wrong with the machine and try to exchange it at the Apple retail store before 10 days have passed?

For example, claim that you are experiencing problems with the superdrive or that the screen blinks once in a while or whatever. I would just like to know what is the exchange procedure at the Apple store. Besides, is it at all possible to replace not a BTO faulty machine that was purchased at the online store at the retail store?

gemio17

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2003
NYC
If it's not bto- you should be able to return it to the store-you can do most, if not all of your business at the retail store- they'll send out repairs from the genius bar if something is actually wrong and get it shipped to your home or whatever address you want when it's fixed.

Bilba

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2004
I was led to believe that if you receive a faulty machine you can exchange it for a new one within the first couple of days. I wouldn't want to have a brand new machine (1 day old) sent to repair.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.