Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
After reading mail, I can't delete it.

Says, "Unable to Move Message" "The message could not be moved to the mailbox trash."

Help? I'm guessing this began ever since the update a while back, again guessing.

Any advice?

If it makes a difference this is in regards to a gmail account, set up under IMAP. I just tested this with my Yahoo email account under the same touch and it can delete normally.

chrisiw

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2008
Isle of Wight UK

Says, "Unable to Move Message" "The message could not be moved to the mailbox trash."

Help? I'm guessing this began ever since the update a while back, again guessing.

Any advice?

If it makes a difference this is in regards to a gmail account, set up under IMAP. I just tested this with my Yahoo email account under the same touch and it can delete normally.
I use Gmail, and all is ok with mine, so not sure what the problem is.

ThunderBull4

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008

Any advice?

Could be something corrupt in the email? Is it only 1 email that won't delete?

bryanc28

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2007
Arlington, Va
I figured it out.

on the iPod Touch, go to:

1. Settings
2. Mail, Contacts, Calendars
3. Click your (whatever account you have) account
4. Scroll down and click "Advanced"
5. Click "Deleted Mailbox"
6. Switch from "Trash" to "Spam" (at the bottom) then back to "Trash" at the top.

imchuckie

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2008
I figured it out.

on the iPod Touch, go to:

1. Settings
2. Mail, Contacts, Calendars
3. Click your (whatever account you have) account
4. Scroll down and click "Advanced"
5. Click "Deleted Mailbox"
6. Switch from "Trash" to "Spam" (at the bottom) then back to "Trash" at the top.

Thank you so much for this answer. I tried everything else and this finally worked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.