PDA

View Full Version : Where tha Rumors at?

teabgs
Jun 9, 2002, 05:57 PM
The hottest topic of conversation here is getting Mischief to cough up 30 bones.

I havent heard any new rumors for a few weeks....its always "Apple PDA" BS and "G5 or G4?"

Where all the rumors at? I crave the excitement and speculation of an upcoming MacWorld Expo. There rumors we got a few weeks ago made me hungry for more, yet nothing seems to be coming in....:(

We gotta get something....if anyone here is from apple, just throw us a bone or something? :D please.....:D

Rower_CPU
Jun 9, 2002, 06:01 PM
Things have definitely been quiet lately...

But I heard from a friend yesterday that SJ will introduce a new application at MWNY called iRumor which will automatically scour the 'Net for rumor news and bring them back in an easy to read form. Plus it features filters for websites you wish to exclude...:D

teabgs
Jun 9, 2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Things have definitely been quiet lately...

But I heard from a friend yesterday that SJ will introduce a new application at MWNY called iRumor which will automatically scour the 'Net for rumor news and bring them back in an easy to read form. Plus it features filters for websites you wish to exclude...:D

Now THAT'S innovation!! yeehaw! :p

Can you use logos from the sites to distinguish where the rumors origionated, ala iChat? :rolleyes:

Rower_CPU
Jun 9, 2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by teabgs
Now THAT'S innovation!! yeehaw! :p

Can you use logos from the sites to distinguish where the rumors origionated, ala iChat? :rolleyes:

Yes, it will do that...and much more!

It creates a database of past rumors, and compares the new rumors to give you a likelihood score, as well as keeping a list of the top 10 most likely rumors that dynamically updates itself each time it runs.:D

teabgs
Jun 9, 2002, 06:12 PM

Yes, it will do that...and much more!

It creates a database of past rumors, and compares the new rumors to give you a likelihood score, as well as keeping a list of the top 10 most likely rumors that dynamically updates itself each time it runs.:D

can you choose it to display in multiple fonts and colors? and use bar graphs, bell curves, and line graphs? :D

Rower_CPU
Jun 9, 2002, 06:18 PM
It is completely customizable, from what I've been told, so font, color, everything can be changed to your liking.

It has limited graphing capabilities at this time (expect it in an iRumor 1.1 release), but it does have bar graphing with transparency/3D effects (like Office X).:D

britboy
Jun 9, 2002, 06:22 PM
It's pretty hard to have rumours, when in the past few weeks we've had virtually the whole line-up revamped, not to mention the new Xserve :p

Have no fear though, MWNY is but a few weeks away, and rumours, wild speculation, and gratuitous name-calling will no doubt resume in due course :D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 9, 2002, 06:32 PM
Yes, I imagine it will get a bit hairy around here. Any bets on how many separate G5 rumor threads are up and active at the same time the week before MWNY?

Then there will be Eye's favorite, Apple PDA....

Jaguar....I'll not go on

Your welcome:D

teabgs
Jun 9, 2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by britboy
It's pretty hard to have rumours, when in the past few weeks we've had virtually the whole line-up revamped, not to mention the new Xserve :p

Have no fear though, MWNY is but a few weeks away, and rumours, wild speculation, and gratuitous name-calling will no doubt resume in due course :D

yeah, that's true, BUT....something has to happen. They're not gonna let MWNY roll by without something right? There's gotta be more then a 1.4GHZ G4, some new software, I don't know what there should be, but it should help to complete the Digital Hub. Something HAS to come out to wow the consumer and keep this ball of converts and rave reviews going!

If we get an updated iMac and an updated G4 it's good, but not as impressive as Apple has been since last fall. It'd be a shame to let the momentem die...

Mr. Anderson
Jun 9, 2002, 06:43 PM
Its going to be more than just a speed bump, and we'll probably see a new enclosure design. Those will be pretty cool. Apple knows that they have to do something other than 2 processors to define the ProLine of machines.

4 CPUs would be cool, new bus and memmory. And look at the requirements for that possible buyout that's in the rumors articles, that's one CPU intensive package. Apple would need some kick@ss system to run it effectively.

britboy
Jun 9, 2002, 06:45 PM

If we get an updated iMac and an updated G4 it's good, but not as impressive as Apple has been since last fall. It'd be a shame to let the momentem die...

Thing is though, apple are keeping the momentum up, precisely by doing things the way they are now. By not waiting for expos, and releasing products inbetween, they keep excitement up, act unpredictibly... the macworlds aren't such a concentration of products as they used to be. If we see a dual 1.4GHz, i would be excited. The iMac update can wait. Of perhaps it will be the other way round. Either way, i'm not expecting more than one h/w upgrade. 10.2 is a possibility, but again, they might not announce that at a MW.

Beej
Jun 9, 2002, 07:07 PM
We should all band together and put together of an up-and-coming, top-secret Apple handheld! We could make some movies, then launch a new site off all the press we get! We could call it... iWa1k!!!

Who's in?

britboy
Jun 9, 2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Beej
We could call it... iWa1k!!!

Who's in?

*slap*

Woops, did my hand just slip?

Mr. Anderson
Jun 9, 2002, 07:18 PM
We could call it... iWa1k!!!

Who's in?

Wait, try that again while I hold him....

Beej
Jun 9, 2002, 07:18 PM

*slap*

Woops, did my hand just slip? Judging from my stinging cheek, yes. It would seem that way. :)

britboy
Jun 9, 2002, 07:19 PM
Judging from my stinging cheek, yes. It would seem that way. :)

Bingo! ;) :p

Beej
Jun 9, 2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
Wait, try that again while I hold him.... Folks, this kind of thing happens all the time in the private forum. All the more reason to become a Demi-God! :D

Rower_CPU
Jun 9, 2002, 07:28 PM
Folks, this kind of thing happens all the time in the private forum. All the more reason to become a Demi-God! :D

Word. Demi-Godhood's where it's at!:D

Bingo, what're you doing in Spain!?!?!??!

Beej
Jun 9, 2002, 07:34 PM
Bingo, what're you doing in Spain!?!?!??! Ahh, someone noticed! Over the last few days I've been travelling around Europe... I've been in France, Switzerland, Monaco, and today Spain. Not sure where I'll go next...

Rower_CPU
Jun 9, 2002, 07:38 PM
Ahh, someone noticed! Over the last few days I've been travelling around Europe... I've been in France, Switzerland, Monaco, and today Spain. Not sure where I'll go next...

Awesome!!! Where are you finding internet connections for getting online?

Make sure not to spend too much time on here and miss out on all the sights.

BobtheTomato
Jun 9, 2002, 08:01 PM
I hope it has built in google translation or all those wacky foreign rumors! :D

teabgs
Jun 9, 2002, 08:05 PM
Folks, this kind of thing happens all the time in the private forum. All the more reason to become a Demi-God! :D

It's not fair....I cant use paypal cause I dont remember the password and the email account I'd signed up with isnt valid any more....:(

I sent them an email, but have to wait to hear from them before I can paypal some $$$ to arn....

Rower_CPU
Jun 9, 2002, 08:12 PM
It's not fair....I cant use paypal cause I dont remember the password and the email account I'd signed up with isnt valid any more....:(

I sent them an email, but have to wait to hear from them before I can paypal some $$$ to arn....

Allright, the DGVPG has added you to "the list"...expect to hear from us soon.:D

teabgs
Jun 9, 2002, 08:17 PM

Allright, the DGVPG has added you to "the list"...expect to hear from us soon.:D

I've noticed the "DGVPG" in some of the signatures around here.....all I can figure out is "Demi-God" which I KNOW is the first two letters, is the next one for "vigilantes" ???? And I'm at a loss for the PG

Beej
Jun 9, 2002, 08:17 PM

Awesome!!! Where are you finding internet connections for getting online?

Make sure not to spend too much time on here and miss out on all the sights. I'm just kidding, buddy :) In reality, I'm just sittin gin my room, studying for exams :(

I'd like to be travelling Europe, though!

Beej
Jun 9, 2002, 08:18 PM

I've noticed the "DGVPG" in some of the signatures around here.....all I can figure out is "Demi-God" which I KNOW is the first two letters, is the next one for "vigilantes" ???? And I'm at a loss for the PG You'll find out when you get your pay pal password, I guess :p

Rower_CPU
Jun 9, 2002, 08:22 PM
I'm just kidding, buddy :) In reality, I'm just sittin gin my room, studying for exams :(

Awwwww, man. That sucks hard!:mad:

I'm glad I finished my studies May 13th or so...graduated on May 19th.:D

w007!

teabgs
Jun 9, 2002, 08:22 PM
I'm just kidding, buddy :) In reality, I'm just sittin gin my room, studying for exams :(

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!

:D :D :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!

oh my that's funny...

Just give me a hint w/ the DGVPG thing....c'mon give a brotha some love :D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 9, 2002, 08:23 PM
You'll find out when you get your pay pal password, I guess :p

just like bingo said, you'll know all about it when you become a Demi-God.

bingo, I've always been partial to Greece. Spent 6 weeks there one summer at an archeological dig in Isthmia, I'd recommend making the trip....

Beej
Jun 9, 2002, 08:26 PM
bingo, I've always been partial to Greece. Spent 6 weeks there one summer at an archeological dig in Isthmia, I'd recommend making the trip.... I've always wanted to go to Greece... the architecture is simply stunning...

Beej
Jun 9, 2002, 08:28 PM
Just give me a hint w/ the DGVPG thing....c'mon give a brotha some love :D You'll get plenty of lovin' when you are inducted to the heavenly halls of demi-godliness.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 9, 2002, 08:30 PM
well, teabgs, if you get the paypal working it really won't matter, you'll find out soon enough. patience, my young padawan......

teabgs
Jun 9, 2002, 08:37 PM
well I dont even want to know anymore....I started my own club...MCFNDGF.

whattup, figure that one out biatchs! :p

he he he....seriously though, I emailed paypal on friday so hopefully they'll get back to me tommorrow...

King Cobra
Jun 9, 2002, 08:44 PM
I started my own club...MCFNDGF.

I figured out what everything stands for, except the F. :D

In case you guys are wondering about me, yeah, I am anxious as well. And I should be joining anytime between June 10 and by birthday, about a month away. Heck, the mugs we have are way to boring. We don't have a white background mug! :)

Fear the King.

Beej
Jun 9, 2002, 08:45 PM
MCFNDGFROTFLMFAO :D

teabgs
Jun 9, 2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra

I figured out what everything stands for, except the F. :D

In case you guys are wondering about me, yeah, I am anxious as well. And I should be joining anytime between June 10 and by birthday, about a month away. Heck, the mugs we have are way to boring. We don't have a white background mug! :)

Fear the King.

Oh, yeah....????

What's it stand for?:p

and Beej: what's with the bass tab sig?

Beej
Jun 9, 2002, 08:52 PM
and Beej: what's with the bass tab sig? It was originally 6-string, but it took up too much space... play it on a 6 or 4 string and it'll play the same phat toon...

If you know it's tab, you can probably play it... you tell me what it's about :p

teabgs
Jun 9, 2002, 08:57 PM
It was originally 6-string, but it took up too much space... play it on a 6 or 4 string and it'll play the same phat toon...

If you know it's tab, you can probably play it... you tell me what it's about :p

My bass and guitar are currently in a different state......so I cant play it....:(

I'm getting screwed out of everything today!

Beej
Jun 9, 2002, 08:59 PM
My bass and guitar are currently in a different state......so I cant play it....:( I guess we'll just have to wait for some other musically-inclined soul to figure it out, then...

jelloshotsrule
Jun 9, 2002, 09:06 PM
teasac

demi-godhood is the place to be.

or so they say.... i guess if you're drunk enough (like me) it doesn't really matter where you are....

teabgs
Jun 9, 2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
teasac

demi-godhood is the place to be.

or so they say.... i guess if you're drunk enough (like me) it doesn't really matter where you are....

Don't call me teasac, you drunken baffoon! :p

You back in Buttf*ck, PA yet? Ah, man am I glad I'm not in Waynesboro and I'm in New York...hehehehe:D

I seriously tried to sign up man....I ordered the clock and everything...it should get to my house in like 2 days....I just can't get the rest of the money to arn cause I have to paypal it, if anything I'm just a half demi-god...

Rower_CPU
Jun 9, 2002, 09:20 PM
Don't call me teasac, you drunken baffoon! :p

if anything I'm just a half demi-god...

Wouldn't that be a demi-demi-God?:D :rolleyes:

teabgs
Jun 9, 2002, 09:24 PM

I guess so.....

Beej
Jun 9, 2002, 09:32 PM

Wouldn't that be a demi-demi-God?:D :rolleyes: More of a quasi-demi-god, I'd say...

Mr. Anderson
Jun 9, 2002, 09:38 PM
He'll be a demi-god when he's a demi-god, that's the way it goes. Don't worry about it....

Rower_CPU
Jun 9, 2002, 09:39 PM
More of a quasi-demi-god, I'd say...

…semi-demi-God...?

jelloshotsrule
Jun 9, 2002, 09:40 PM

…semi-demi-God...?

how about a failure of a demi-god?

teasac's cool though.

unless he keeps steppin up to my ****ty hometown. just so you know though... i have only "lived" here 3 years. thank the good lord i didn't live here all my life.... yikes.

teabgs
Jun 9, 2002, 09:45 PM

how about a failure of a demi-god?

teasac's cool though.

unless he keeps steppin up to my ****ty hometown. just so you know though... i have only "lived" here 3 years. thank the good lord i didn't live here all my life.... yikes.

hehehe...stop by the KMart for me. cause that's about all thats open over there at this point. ;)

where'd you live before Hicksboro?

hey wait...better idea...goto the Cosmic bowling on rt 16 near the hunting store(cant remember the name) but its a little past where Rt 16 and old route 16 meet....they play metal and hard rock all night and have cheap beer ....

jelloshotsrule
Jun 9, 2002, 09:47 PM
hehehe...stop by the KMart for me. cause that's about all thats open over there at this point. ;)

where'd you live before Hicksboro?

well why would i need to go out now? it'd be dangerous. what with all the hicks out shining headlights at deer and shooting em down....

plus, the kmart lot is full of dirty hickteens sitting in their dumpy cars.

i lived all over..... nj was most immediate before though. another dumpy place. well, the state. it's basically a large garbage dump. a lot of that garbage being toxic.

teabgs
Jun 9, 2002, 09:52 PM

well why would i need to go out now? it'd be dangerous. what with all the hicks out shining headlights at deer and shooting em down....

plus, the kmart lot is full of dirty hickteens sitting in their dumpy cars.

i lived all over..... nj was most immediate before though. another dumpy place. well, the state. it's basically a large garbage dump. a lot of that garbage being toxic.

did I edit my previous post before you replied (the bowling thing)?

Also, I once set off some fireworks in the Martin's/Hardees parking lot where the dirty hickteens hang out and I got yelled at and warned about what would happen to me if I did it again...

I think they're just mad cause I got a full set of natural teeth!:D

jelloshotsrule
Jun 9, 2002, 09:54 PM
did I edit my previous post before you replied (the bowling thing)?

Also, I once set off some fireworks in the Martin's/Hardees parking lot where the dirty hickteens hang out and I got yelled at and warned about what would happen to me if I did it again...

I think they're just mad cause I got a full set of natural teeth!:D

didn't see the bowling thing...

well the cosmic bowling place... how long ago did you see it? cause like a year ago one burnt down, and got rebuilt.... they have a cosmic bowling night still though.... but i don't like smokey bowling alleys and i don't drink... so it's not really a great hangout for me.

yeah, they hate us straight teethers. i guess britboy would fit in with em....

teabgs
Jun 9, 2002, 09:59 PM

didn't see the bowling thing...

well the cosmic bowling place... how long ago did you see it? cause like a year ago one burnt down, and got rebuilt.... they have a cosmic bowling night still though.... but i don't like smokey bowling alleys and i don't drink... so it's not really a great hangout for me.

yeah, they hate us straight teethers. i guess britboy would fit in with em....

I was there last august...or late July. It wasnt very smokey either....and didnt you say you were drunk earlier?

Oh, and you name...JELLOSHOTSrule....right, you dont drink ;)

hehe....britboy has crooked teeth, britboy has crooked teeth

he's prolly sleeping....silly limey :p

jelloshotsrule
Jun 9, 2002, 10:05 PM
I was there last august...or late July. It wasnt very smokey either....and didnt you say you were drunk earlier?

Oh, and you name...JELLOSHOTSrule....right, you dont drink ;)

it's not always smokey, but sometimes... better than most alleys though. i said i was drunk. but i was kidding... and no, i don't drink.... check with some of the other folks here... they know.

nah, he's off on his shift kissing the queen mum's arse...... he does the 12-6 am (gmt) run so he'll be done soon i think.

IndyGopher
Jun 9, 2002, 10:19 PM

no, that's semi-demi-god

Rower_CPU
Jun 9, 2002, 11:38 PM
…semi-demi-God...?

Nice try, but too late Indy.:D

Beej
Jun 9, 2002, 11:47 PM
A Hemi-Demi-Semi-God would be a 1/64th God... a Hemi-Demi-Semi-Quaver is a 1/64th note...

mac15
Jun 9, 2002, 11:51 PM
stuff that I am god.....;):rolleyes:

IEEE1394
Jun 10, 2002, 02:10 AM
Beej, I've been trying to figure out the tab in the sig. Perhaps you could put the tunings next to the strings, just to give me (us) a hint?

Beej
Jun 10, 2002, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by IEEE1394
Beej, I've been trying to figure out the tab in the sig. Perhaps you could put the tunings next to the strings, just to give me (us) a hint? Wow... I've inrigued someone enough to post their first post! I'm flattered! :D

I'll get onto that now... gimme a minute (there's nothing strange about the tuning, though).

Beej
Jun 10, 2002, 02:32 AM
OK, done. I've added the other two strings so as not to confuse anyone... I had originally left them out because they weren't used and took up too much space...

Oh, I forgot to mention... If you can play, you'll probably recognise the song. But it would make it easier if you were a Demi-God... it stems from a discussion we were having earlier today.

IEEE1394
Jun 10, 2002, 02:37 AM
I give up. I think it sounds a bit like Mary Had a little Lamb, am I close? :P

Bingo!?

Beej
Jun 10, 2002, 02:42 AM
Bingo!?Bingo!

IEEE1394
Jun 10, 2002, 02:47 AM
Now I'm curious, how does this relate to you Demi-Gods?

Beej
Jun 10, 2002, 02:51 AM
Now I'm curious, how does this relate to you Demi-Gods? I complained to jello that he hadn't given me a 'something-dawg' type nick name like everyone else... so all the Demi-Gods in the private forum decided to call me Bingo...

Nothing to do with being a Demi-God, it just happened in pur private forum :)

jelloshotsrule
Jun 10, 2002, 02:54 AM
I complained to jello that he hadn't given me a 'something-dawg' type nick name like everyone else... so all the Demi-Gods in the private forum decided to call me Bingo...

Nothing to do with being a Demi-God, it just happened in pur private forum :)

what the hell?

i didn't even know you complained. what thread? i didn't see it.... weird. no wonder duke asked me about "bingo".... it was funny, cause i said "bingo!" about something, but hadn't seen they named you that...... booyah!

Beej
Jun 10, 2002, 03:22 AM
...and I quote:

"Yeah, I've been meaning to ask... how come I've not yet reached canine status with the nicknames, jello? I'm getting a bit upset :)"

From Thread 6139, Post 22, Page 1 (http://www.macrumors.com/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=6139).

britboy
Jun 10, 2002, 03:58 AM
...and I quote:

"Yeah, I've been meaning to ask... how come I've not yet reached canine status with the nicknames, jello? I'm getting a bit upset :)"

From Thread 6139, Post 22, Page 1 (http://www.macrumors.com/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=6139).

Adding that link is just plain cruel to non-demi-gods (the semi-whatchemecallits) :D

britboy
Jun 10, 2002, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by teasac

Originally posted by jello-dawg

nah, he's off on his shift kissing the queen mum's arse...... he does the 12-6 am (gmt) run so he'll be done soon i think.

LMAO!!! Nice to see you guys care about my dental health-care :D What's almost ironic is that i actually have a couple of caps, from figthing with a brother years ago :D :D

Kissing a dead persons arse? Now that can't be too nice. The Queen Mum's six feet under, pushing up the daisies.

Beej
Jun 10, 2002, 04:21 AM
Adding that link is just plain cruel to non-demi-gods (the semi-whatchemecallits) :D I know. Isn't it great! :D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 10, 2002, 07:36 AM
actually, using links like that could be good for the cause....ha, good one

teabgs
Jun 10, 2002, 07:39 AM
I know. Isn't it great! :D

OH man, I cant wait till paypal gets off their lazy a$$es and I get in those forums flailing....there's gonna be some havoc and mass mysteria.
:eek:

Heads will roll amongst the demi-gods to make way for the coming of teabgs. :eek:

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

eyelikeart
Jun 10, 2002, 08:38 AM
there is a nasty rumor that I've cloned myself for the sake of doubling posting & thus taking over the website...

then there's rumors I have a love-child :eek:

Mr. Anderson
Jun 10, 2002, 08:42 AM
then there's a rumor you don't care about post count....

eyelikeart
Jun 10, 2002, 08:47 AM

oh yeah...man...rumors are just flying!!

I heard a rumor that u were coming to New Orleans in July to have some fun with a few geeky guys from some website... ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 10, 2002, 08:50 AM
heard you were hosting it....think you win the geek award for that one

eyelikeart
Jun 10, 2002, 08:52 AM
heard you were hosting it....think you win the geek award for that one

"Oh snap!" :eek:

lest we forget B2TM is also involved...or so I hear... ;)

ok...u should see the expressions on my friend's faces when I talk about it...one of them seriously wants to come hang out with us...he thinks it's the most hilarious thing ever...he's a geek too... :D

britboy
Jun 10, 2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart

ok...u should see the expressions on my friend's faces when I talk about it...one of them seriously wants to come hang out with us...he thinks it's the most hilarious thing ever...he's a geek too... :D

You're talking about the geek-fest with your friends? Ok, now that earns you the geek-tag :D

When you all get together, remember to hold a toast for arn, without whom you would never have known each other :)

Oh yeah, i heard this rumour that arn is actually an AI ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 10, 2002, 09:06 AM

When you all get together, remember to hold a toast for arn, without whom you would never have known each other :)

Oh yeah, i heard this rumour that arn is actually an AI ;)

we should get a cardboard cutout of a person and get a picture of arn so he can be in all the pics. Although walking around NO with that might be a little too much, ha.

but I don't think arn will give up a pic

eyelikeart
Jun 10, 2002, 09:07 AM

we should get a cardboard cutout of a person and get a picture of arn so he can be in all the pics. Although walking around NO with that might be a little too much, ha.

hmm...depending on what time of night it is...we might not be looked at with such shame as one may think... :eek:

but I agree...it would be a bit of a pain going in & out of bars & whatnot...

Mr. Anderson
Jun 10, 2002, 09:13 AM
I was joking, I'd have to seriously be messed up to do that...

if any of my friends saw me doing something as silly as that, no amount of explaining would work....the nice thing is I'm only visiting, you're hosting so you might get spotted:D

eyelikeart
Jun 10, 2002, 09:20 AM
the nice thing is I'm only visiting, you're hosting so you might get spotted:D

yeah I know...it could get a bit messy...

I'll have to make sure we do not go anywhere that I may know someone... ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 10, 2002, 09:53 AM
uh, you will have to take us all the pizza place, you know. got to check out pizza girl.

and we will be with our wives (I'm sure the b2tms will go) so we'll behave :D

eyelikeart
Jun 10, 2002, 09:56 AM
oh wow... :eek:

in all honesty...it's really the best pizza place in the city...in an awesome part of town...u should look up some visitor info on Magazine Street to see what I mean...

yeah...I know u will "behave"...just as long as no one jumps up on a table and proclaims our spots macrumors I think it'll be ok... ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 10, 2002, 09:57 AM
what's the name of the pizza place? I'll look it up

britboy
Jun 10, 2002, 10:13 AM

yeah...I know u will "behave"...just as long as no one jumps up on a table and proclaims our spots macrumors I think it'll be ok... ;)

I can just see it. "hi, frank's told us all about you on this web site called macrumors. You really are just as hot as he said....." ;) :D

eyelikeart
Jun 10, 2002, 10:23 AM
what's the name of the pizza place? I'll look it up

Rocky's Gourmet Pizzaria :D

I can just see it. "hi, frank's told us all about you on this web site called macrumors. You really are just as hot as he said....." ;) :D

that would be quite an embarassment...I'm wondering if we should avoid the place unless we haven't been drinking much yet...he he he ;)

teabgs
Jun 10, 2002, 02:12 PM

and oh ya, whats your name? he doesnt know....;)

Winky, you should go there and just wink at her...youre so good at it! ;)

eyelikeart
Jun 10, 2002, 03:05 PM
Winky, you should go there and just wink at her...youre so good at it! ;)

he he he...eye games are always fun...

just sometimes if it's not a flirting thing for her...she'll get a little creeped out... :eek: ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 10, 2002, 03:14 PM
That and if her manager or the bartender is her boyfriend, you'll need to find another place to get pizza....just play it cool

eyelikeart
Jun 10, 2002, 03:16 PM
That and if her manager or the bartender is her boyfriend, you'll need to find another place to get pizza....just play it cool

I hope not...I leave nice enough tips that I'd hope they wouldn't turn away my business...he he he ;)

no worries..."I'm cool baby...I'm cool" :cool:

teabgs
Jun 10, 2002, 05:24 PM

I hope not...I leave nice enough tips that I'd hope they wouldn't turn away my business...he he he ;)

no worries..."I'm cool baby...I'm cool" :cool:

Dude, you still havent answered if you know her name....

Mr. Anderson
Jun 10, 2002, 05:26 PM
he mentioned earlier that he never paid attention to see if she had a name tag and he's not asked her her name yet. He needs to be cool, but not distant, get in there and do something already.

You going there tonight?

jelloshotsrule
Jun 10, 2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by queen mum boy
LMAO!!! Nice to see you guys care about my dental health-care :D What's almost ironic is that i actually have a couple of caps, from figthing with a brother years ago :D :D

Kissing a dead persons arse? Now that can't be too nice. The Queen Mum's six feet under, pushing up the daisies.

that's funny how you changed our names in the quotes... kinda like someone i know.

your brother shot you with a cap gun? that's not cool.

she's six feet under eh.... so you kissing q.e. 2's arse or what?

jelloshotsrule
Jun 10, 2002, 08:31 PM

ahhhhh hahahahahaha! good one.

another rumor that you, d-mod, never talk about it... oh wait. no.

hglm, nice usage of "oh snap"! i approve. i bet row-dog would as well..... though i can't speak for his nerd-ass

Durandal7
Jun 10, 2002, 08:37 PM
there is a nasty rumor that I've cloned myself for the sake of doubling posting & thus taking over the website...

From what I've heard it's a CIA-bred clone here to replace you.

Rower_CPU
Jun 10, 2002, 08:51 PM
ahhhhh hahahahahaha! good one.

another rumor that you, d-mod, never talk about it... oh wait. no.

hglm, nice usage of "oh snap"! i approve. i bet row-dog would as well..... though i can't speak for his nerd-ass

My nerd-ass approves.:D

We've already seen one clone today...so that kinda kills that rumor...

I'm still working on the details of iRumor...last I heard, it's only going to be available in the contributor sections of PHP bulletin boards.:D

jelloshotsrule
Jun 10, 2002, 09:05 PM

My nerd-ass approves.:D

We've already seen one clone today...so that kinda kills that rumor...

I'm still working on the details of iRumor...last I heard, it's only going to be available in the contributor sections of PHP bulletin boards.:D

oh phat! how do i sign up???

Rower_CPU
Jun 10, 2002, 09:21 PM
oh phat! how do i sign up???

I'm so glad you asked! Check out this page for all the info:
http://www.macrumors.com/contrib.html

You'll be amazed at what you'll get for just over 8 ¢ a day:
•An extra-large MacRumors mug
•Appointment of the demi-God staus
•Access to the "Private" areas of MacRumors.com
•Access to the iRumors search engine*

Show-off to your friends! Impress your parents! Pick up on those hot chicks that you always thought were out of your league!

Why wait? Contribute today!

*iRumours is not a complete product, and may never see the light of day. MacRumors.com and it's proprietors are in no way responsible for the content of this post, and are not liable for any damages or losses incurred due to the information herein.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 10, 2002, 09:23 PM
I'm so glad you asked! Check out this page for all the info:
http://www.macrumors.com/contrib.html

You'll be amazed at what you'll get for just over 8 ¢ a day:
•An extra-large MacRumors mug
•Appointment of the demi-God staus
•Access to the "Private" areas of MacRumors.com
•Access to the iRumors search engine*

Show-off to your friends! Impress your parents! Pick up on those hot chicks that you always thought were out of your league!

Why wait? Contribute today!

*iRumours is not a complete product, and may never see the light of day. MacRumors.com and it's proprietors are in no way responsible for the content of this post, and are not liable for any damages or losses incurred due to the information herein.

oh phat!! how do i sign up????

Rower_CPU
Jun 10, 2002, 09:26 PM
oh phat!! how do i sign up????

Uhhh...:confused:

Yeah...nevermind...

jelloshotsrule
Jun 10, 2002, 09:30 PM

Uhhh...:confused:

Yeah...nevermind...

hello! it's called, zoolander!

"but why male models"...

"well" blah blah blah..

"but why male models?"

"you serious? i just told you that a minute ago"..

get with it nerdly

Rower_CPU
Jun 10, 2002, 09:33 PM
hello! it's called, zoolander!

"but why male models"...

"well" blah blah blah..

"but why male models?"

"you serious? i just told you that a minute ago"..

get with it nerdly

Oh...so you just make up a new line and expect me to just "get it"?!?!?

I dropped the ball...sorry...I was too hung up on how witty my post was.:rolleyes:

jelloshotsrule
Jun 10, 2002, 09:35 PM

Oh...so you just make up a new line and expect me to just "get it"?!?!?

I dropped the ball...sorry...I was too hung up on how witty my post was.:rolleyes:

yeah, it was funny indeed

but a true comedian is always looking to make his next joke, rather than acknowledging the previous one made by someone else....

teabgs
Jun 10, 2002, 09:40 PM
he mentioned earlier that he never paid attention to see if she had a name tag and he's not asked her her name yet. He needs to be cool, but not distant, get in there and do something already.

You going there tonight?

:confused: guess I missed it...EYE: do it already...geez, how long has this been going on? and she doesnt even know....I may have to come down there and help a brotha out w/ my pimp stylez! :cool:

Watch out biatchs....Tea's in town :cool:

britboy
Jun 11, 2002, 06:04 AM

your brother shot you with a cap gun? that's not cool.

No, i meant i have caps on a couple of teeth. I was windsurfing, he rocked the board, i slipped, fell flat on my face, and broke my two front incisors (teeth). I had to have caps put on them (that's what they're called in the UK).

:D :rolleyes:

Q.E..... hmmmm, shaved..... ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 11, 2002, 08:14 AM
they're called caps here too, crowns on the molars. I just had to go in and get one a couple of weeks ago, not fun....

britboy
Jun 11, 2002, 08:31 AM
What was your's for Duke?

Mr. Anderson
Jun 11, 2002, 09:04 AM
Being 37 and having not so good teeth. I've had 2 root canals, ugh.....

eyelikeart
Jun 11, 2002, 09:48 AM

:confused: guess I missed it...EYE: do it already...geez, how long has this been going on? and she doesnt even know....I may have to come down there and help a brotha out w/ my pimp stylez! :cool:

yes...going there tonite...if she's not there this time... :rolleyes:

but cool's the word...there's no better way to scare off a baby who's ready to party than to overdo it...

so if she's not there...I guess I'll have to resort to sitting in front of the place every night until she is there...then I'll....uh....oh man...where did that come from?! :eek: ;)

britboy
Jun 11, 2002, 09:51 AM

so if she's not there...I guess I'll have to resort to sitting in front of the place every night until she is there...then I'll....uh....oh man...where did that come from?! :eek: ;)

STALKER!!!

Good luck tonight. We'll all be thinking of you, wishing you luck. :)

teabgs
Jun 11, 2002, 10:00 AM

yes...going there tonite...if she's not there this time... :rolleyes:

but cool's the word...there's no better way to scare off a baby who's ready to party than to overdo it...

may the force of of pimpness be with you my friend.

I'm sure she'll be there...just strike up a little conversation and maybe if it feels right get her number...she may be used to guys tryin to pick her up, being a waitress and all...:rolleyes:

I'm tellin you though, you got the wink thing goin for ya..

;);););)

jelloshotsrule
Jun 11, 2002, 10:11 AM
No, i meant i have caps on a couple of teeth. I was windsurfing, he rocked the board, i slipped, fell flat on my face, and broke my two front incisors (teeth). I had to have caps put on them (that's what they're called in the UK).

:D :rolleyes:

Q.E..... hmmmm, shaved..... ;)

hey, i think i was making a joke. our sense of humour don't always coincide.

you shave q.e.?

Originally posted by d-mod
Being 37 and having not so good teeth. I've had 2 root canals, ugh.....

you british too?

Mr. Anderson
Jun 11, 2002, 10:53 AM
not brittish, but part scottish, from my dad's side. they're not bad, but they're not great either....

its weird my brother hasn't ever had a cavity, but he looks much more like my dad....

britboy
Jun 11, 2002, 11:47 AM

hey, i think i was making a joke. our sense of humour don't always coincide.
you shave q.e.?

That's true. The british sense of humour is more.... sophisticated.

No, i don't shave q.e. I take it you haven't seen the movie from Ali G.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 11, 2002, 11:48 AM
That's true. The british sense of humour is more.... sophisticated.

No, i don't shave q.e. I take it you haven't seen the movie from Ali G.

oh, i never knew that.

nope, haven't seen it. "ali g" that sounds weird.

britboy
Jun 11, 2002, 11:57 AM

oh, i never knew that.

nope, haven't seen it. "ali g" that sounds weird.

har har..... :rolleyes:

There's a scene where ali g is going up to the queen (he's been elected to parliament). He slips, tries to grab hold of something, and pulls her dress off. Looks up, and says "......, respect" (you can guess, going on my previous comment ;)) :D

jelloshotsrule
Jun 11, 2002, 11:58 AM
There's a scene where ali g is going up to the queen (he's been elected to parliament). He slips, tries to grab hold of something, and pulls her dress off. Looks up, and says "......, respect" (you can guess, going on my previous comment ;)) :D

there's that more sophisticated sense of humour i guess that's why i didn't laugh.

dumb me

britboy
Jun 11, 2002, 12:09 PM

there's that more sophisticated sense of humour i guess that's why i didn't laugh.

dumb me

Yeah, that was pretty low quality, i admit. That's what Ali G is about though: cheap laughs. I just mentioned it because of your insistence that i kiss the queens arse.

There are much better comedians..... :rolleyes:

Mr. Anderson
Jun 11, 2002, 12:16 PM
You guys are forgetting about England's greatest comedian:

Benny Hill

now there's sophistication for you....:D

Rower_CPU
Jun 11, 2002, 12:19 PM
He's conveniently forgetting Monty Python as well.:rolleyes:

britboy
Jun 11, 2002, 12:20 PM
He's conveniently forgetting Monty Python as well.:rolleyes:

Not at all.

Hang on, haven't we been through all this already? You guys not had enough last time? :p

jelloshotsrule
Jun 11, 2002, 12:23 PM
give it up. your drunken stupor is making you think you have some great sense of humour when really your humour is often just as slapstick as america's.

get off that high horse before fall.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 11, 2002, 12:25 PM
I don't know if I'd call Monty Python slap stick - a little silly at times, but most just brilliant

Benny Hill is a different matter altogether.

Rower_CPU
Jun 11, 2002, 12:25 PM
give it up. your drunken stupor is making you think you have some great sense of humour when really your humour is often just as slapstick as america's.

get off that high horse before fall.

Good use of the superfluous "U" there, j-man.:D

And what movie is your new 'tar from? I can tell it's OW...but it looks kinda crappy.:rolleyes: :p

jelloshotsrule
Jun 11, 2002, 12:28 PM
hey, no trashing my way? what!!

what is OW?

it's from bottle rocket. it's dignan.

i know it's crappy. it's 46x50. deal with it.

Rower_CPU
Jun 11, 2002, 12:32 PM
hey, no trashing my way? what!!

what is OW?

it's from bottle rocket. it's dignan.

i know it's crappy. it's 46x50. deal with it.

Owen Wilson...duh...god, you're slow on the uptake in the afternoon…

…whatsa matter, no crack yet today?

jelloshotsrule
Jun 11, 2002, 12:39 PM

Owen Wilson...duh...god, you're slow on the uptake in the afternoon…

…whatsa matter, no crack yet today?

i thought it was a movie name. ok then.