Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kingballin20

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2008
Michigan
what's the deal w / the touches password thing,
is it if u get it wrong 10 times it locks? Or it erases everything?

Need clarification plłęëêéèeąåãæäâáàašśsęëêéèes!¡

( yes I'm on an iPod asking)

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Under settings you can make it to where if you get it wrong ten times in a row it erases everything.
If that setting isn't enabled and you get it wrong ten times is just locks for one minutes.

macbookairman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2008
Nebraska
what's the deal w / the touches password thing,
is it if u get it wrong 10 times it locks? Or it erases everything?

Need clarification plłęëêéèeąåãæäâáàašśsęëêéèes!¡

( yes I'm on an iPod asking)

it will erase all contents after 10 wrong attempts ONLY if you have turned that option on in the settings. (it is turned off by default)

I believe that if that setting is off, after 10 (or 5) wrong attempts, the iPod will lock for 1 minutes. If the same happens again after the minutes is up, it goes to 5 minutes and so on.

hope that helps!

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
I believe if that is off, after 10 (or 5) wrong attempts, the iPod will lock for 1 minutes. If the same happens again after the minutes is up, it goes to 5 minutes and so on.

Yeah, so by the time it erases everything the person will have been trying to unlock it for hours and hours, at the very least.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
No. It takes less than five minutes to get it wrong ten times.

After five tries mine locks for a minute, if it's incorrect again it locks for a further five minutes, I couldn't be bothered trying again after that...I get my iPod back from Apple tomorrow (hopefully), so I'll try it again.

But clearly 1 + 5 > 5 :p

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
After five tries mine locks for a minute, if it's incorrect again it locks for a further five minutes, I couldn't be bothered trying again after that...I get my iPod back from Apple tomorrow (hopefully), so I'll try it again.

But clearly 1 + 5 > 5 :p

Woops, I mean to quote your post before my last one.
Why did you have to take you iPod to Apple?

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
Woops, I mean to quote your post before my last one.
Why did you have to take you iPod to Apple?

I sent it to them once before because it had a light leak, which let lots of dust into it...when I got it back they hadn't fixed anything, plus I noticed it had gotten scratched like hell when it was being serviced (they all seemed to be caused by the same thing as most were the same length and running parallel to one another). I organised another service with Apple and they've replaced it with no problems this time :)

Your story about getting a replacement iPod for the one with the shattered screen was better though :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.