Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jenniferbrame

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
Can anyone tell me how to connect Apple TV to a Sony Bravia? I'm getting a "no signal" message. I am using component A/V cables rather than an HDMI connection, and I have checked to be sure everything is plugged in correctly. The light is glowing white.

I wonder if the problem might be with choosing the correct video input on the Bravia. I have options for DVD, Blu-Ray, etc., but nothing for the Apple TV.

Any help is much appreciated!

jenniferbrame

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
Component1 or Component2 depending on which set you connected to on your TV.

I've chosen Component1, also connected to the TV on the Component1 ports. Still receiving a "no signal" message. What I'm supposed to choose as the input source puzzles me. I'm given the choices between Blu-Ray, DVD, etc., but don't know which option will connect with the Apple TV unit. :confused:

macdim

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2007
Canada
If the component cable colours are correctly matched, your TV is on the correct input, and the AppleTV is on, I'm not sure what else you can try. If you can get an HDMI cable to test with, that would tell you if it's the component connection that's the issue.

So if you can:

- Try an HDMI cable
- Try a different set of component cables
- Try every component input (even the one on the side, if it exists)

Note that the type of connection you choose in the menu (Blu-Ray, DVD, etc...) doesn't matter. That's just the TV labelling the input for you, so that when you look at the input source, you can quickly jump to the right input instead of memorizing, for example, that component 2 is your Blu-Ray player.

dbwie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2007
Albuquerque, NM, USA
and...

select the correct input, make sure the apple TV is NOT in standby mode (the little white light on the front of the unit should be on). Sometimes it is something simple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.